Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GUMSHOE Official Sheet - Now Live!

Hi there! The official character sheet for Gumshoe systems is here! This sheet works for both Trail of Cthulhu and Night's Black Agents , and we'd love for any fans of these games to try it out and let us know what you think, as well as reporting any bugs you may run into. Documentation isn't finished yet, but here is a quick run-down of the features: Auto-calculating ability build points. When the sheet is first opened, the ability section will be in edit mode so that you can assign build points. The calculations will take into account the special rules for each system, for example, occupational abilities in Trail of Cthulhu will be half price. To start spending points, turn off edit mode by clicking the padlock icon in the upper right corner. Reset buttons for Investigative and General Abilities. These will set each associated Ability Pool to match it's Ability Rating. Free Points (in edit mode). Use to assign ability points that will not count toward your build point total. Repeating section for weapons. The options should automatically calculate the damage for most of the weapons described in the handbook, and leave options for custom damage. There will be more complete documentation available soon, but most of the features should be fairly self-explanatory for anyone familiar with the system.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nice looking sheet.  I still have my old Call of Cthulhu 2e box in the attic.  I just might have to learn the Gumshoe system now.  ;-P
Great job! I have been waiting for something like this for a while. Thanks for putting it together.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Vince said: Nice looking sheet. Just imagine how awesome that could look if we could have custom fonts in character sheets. ;) LOL
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Finderski said: Vince said: Nice looking sheet. Just imagine how awesome that could look if we could have custom fonts in character sheets. ;) LOL You're supposed to provide a  link Finderski.  LOL And of course, you're right.
Ben H.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
When rolling for an ability & spending points, where it displays "[points-spent]" is it supposed to display something like "2 points spent"? I see in the code, under the "rolltemplates" section, it looks like that's what should be appearing (line #2726), but the grab from my test game just shows the "[points-spent]" text.
Ben H.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The sheets do look great. Thanks for releasing them. If I wanted to customize the sheet for a different Gumshoe game (Timewatch), is there a set of files that do not have both TOC & NBA hard-coded into one file? Meaning, I know enough about CSS&HTML to poke around the files to change things around, but having to negotiate around the various toc-hide & nba-hide classes adds a layer of complexity that makes it difficult see what is affecting what. Maybe it would be nice to have a single game version of the sheet up on Github? With all the scripts and sheetworker stuff pertaining to just one game. It would make it a little easier to modify for whichever game you might be playing. Just a suggestion/request. Thanks.  
Apologies for the long delay! Thanks for pointing out that error, I put in a fix this week that only partially fixed the problem. Next week a fix will go out that should resolve the issue. We don't have any plans to release a separate version of the sheet, however we're definitely open to adding more of the Gumshoe systems to it based on community interest. I just wanted to gather some feedback on the sheet first, to see if there should be changes to what we already have before adding any new systems.
Ben H.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the fix. Will check it out. I understand about the specific game sheets. My dilemma is that I don’t play either of the games that you do have sheets for and probably won’t. The Gumshoe RPG I really want to try out is Timewatch, so if you’re taking requests, I’d like to see that one.
Ben H.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Also, is their any communication between Roll20 and Pelgrane about their new Gumshoe Online Character builder project? It would be super super awesome if Roll20 could get involved to give Pelgrane a way to export the code needed to have those sheets integrate with Roll20 somehow. <a href="http://site.pelgranepress.com/index.php/designing-a-new-gumshoe-online-character-generation-tool-and-how-you-can-help/" rel="nofollow">http://site.pelgranepress.com/index.php/designing-a-new-gumshoe-online-character-generation-tool-and-how-you-can-help/</a>