Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Leaving a campaign

I was in a campaign a while ago but now it is over and I can't leave it. I want to be able to have it stop showing up in the list of campaigns I'm a part of but I can't find a way to just leave it. I guess the DM quit using Roll20 or something and he hasn't responded to any of my PMs and he hasn't deleted the campaign from the ones he runs. Is there a way I can just drop out of the campaign myself rather than having to hope that the DM comes back or deletes the campaign?
I want to do this too for a few campaigns that never got off the ground.
Good idea, we'll add this in. Thanks!
Any word on when this might be implemented?
bump
On a similar topic, DM's should be able to remove comments on the campaign page by players who are no longer part of a campaign (or this is done automatically upon player kicking/removal).
Or remove any comments from *their* own campaign page.
I'm guessing this function still doesn't exist?
The only thing I can think of is contacting the GM and telling him to remove you from the campaign, But you already mention he is not around so that is not really an option I guess.
I agree that this feature is needed. In addition to having unnecessary campaigns in a person's page it creates confusion in the group, because the GM does not know who is active in the group. Players join groups, because they think that they are interested in the game (and this is great, this is how groups of new people get created), but after a session or two person decides that the game or schedule is just not for him/her. Now it is difficult to politely and respectfully opt out of the group. You cannot even e-mail the GM unless you happened to ask him for his address. The only way out is to request via a post in the game's campaign discussion to have the GM boot you from the group and hope the GM sees the post.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Soon we will begin a new development cycle and communications issues like this are the priority. Please post suggestions regarding any website or external to the VTT communications improvements you can think of in the suggestion forum. Get people to vote on them, they might be implemented. - Gauss
What bothers me as more, is that anyone can add you to their game without ever asking you.
Gauss
Forum Champion
How can you be added without someone asking you? This must be something I am missing. - Gauss
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Would it be possible to put a campaign manager in a person's account profile? what I was think is that it gives a list of campaigns a person is listed in and has an option to quit that campaign. If that is not possible then how about the following. On the campaigns view details page, you give the player the option to remove himself from the game similar to the way a GM has the option to remove anyone?
bump!
bump :-)
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
This is needed. I sent an email to the gm listed in one of the abandoned games and he basically told me to talk to the devs since he is not responsible for the game room and it didn't matter to him anymore.
Wow that gm sounded like a dick. He couldn't take ten minutes to take you out of the gameroom?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It was one of the vender rooms from Aethercon and a lot of them are still upset over how it went. I know that I have no intention of ever supporting that game system because of the treatment I received.
Now now. Perhaps you just weren't speaking their language. Try something along the lines of 'ur uh doodie head.' "I'm sorry, but I don't speak tool."
Yeah, *bump* for me too. That should really, really be implemented. Some GMs don't watch over their game anymore and you're stuck into a game room you wish not to be part of anymore. When will we be able to quit a campaign ? Thanks. (I don't have many campaigns, but I keep receiving posts about one of which I'm part of, and I don't even play that game :) )
You can now do this as of today...there's a "Leave Campaign" link on the Campaign Details page for each campaign you're in.
Yeah I just saw that xD I'm always late to the party :D Thanks and sorry about the useless post ;)
No problem :-)
Thank you!