Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Scheduling Snafus

Edited 1533703939
UPCOMING ABSENCES 8/27 - Mike off in Atlanta on business. Consortium en route to California. ------------------------------ (Original post:) (We should probably have a persistent topic area for this ...) I am going to be in California next week, helping my mom toward moving out here (assisting both logistics and morale). My intent is to be on for the 9/26 game -- but it will be on different hardware than usual, so we all know what that means.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Pinning this up top, just in case we need it.
Honestly speaking, the working this from a different locale and hardware (and some software) worked out just fine. Hopefully the Skype interview I have on Friday will go as well. :-)

Edited 1506704515
We will be out on 10/17 ...  business trip for Margie, marching band Regionals for Katherine and me. 
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
10/17 is Tuesday, but I assume the conflict is the same. October looks like it's going to be rough all around: I'm gone on the 24th, and the week after that is Halloween, which may or may not be a conflict for people. (Chime in if so.) But in any case, looks like at least two weeks we're dark in October.
Halloween is likely not an issue for me.
Halloween's not so much of a problem for Margie and me; my guess is that Katherine will be wanting to do something with friends, but I haven't seen/heard any plans yet.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I have no life, so October is fine, including Halloween.
Confirming that K is planning spending time (sniff) with her real  friends on Halloween. (Heavy sigh.)
So I just bought a house in Parker and my move-in date is November 9th.  I should be moved in and have everything ready to play on the 14th when our game rolls around, but we all know about unexpected hiccups and I just wanted to let everyone know before hand.
Congrats on the new house, Mike!
All, I've repurposed the first post in this thread to consolidate upcoming absence info at the top of the page. I'll try to keep it updated over time as people post new stuff.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Maybe we can do October 30th or Nov 1 instead of Halloween?
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
ALSO: come 2018, I'll want to switch the game to Mondays or Wednesdays. I seem to recall from talking about it a few months ago Wednesdays were a hard no from Mike, Mondays were okay?  Confirm/Deny?  Y/n?
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm okay Monday or Wednesday for both Halloween and 2018.
Wednesdays used to be a hard no, but I'm not playing with my Wednesday night group anymore.  Right now the only night I want to leave open is Fridays and possibly Thursdays.  Monday through Wednesday should be fine.
Doyce T. said: Maybe we can do October 30th or Nov 1 instead of Halloween? Either of those works for the Consortium.
Doyce T. said: ALSO: come 2018, I'll want to switch the game to Mondays or Wednesdays. As far as I can tell, either of those should be okay for the Consortium.
Just confirming that we are still dark for next Tuesday, the 24th.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Affirmative. And I'm aiming at Monday the 30th for the following week, because of Halloween.
Roger-dodger!
Just to confirm, normal time tonight instead of Tuesday?
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Correct!
Currently, it looks like I'll be able to make the game next week without issue.  I'll have more concrete answers this weekend, but so far the preparations on the new house are proceeding without only minor issues.  Tonight I will still be at my current rental with all my boxes.
Margie is going to be on a business trip next week (11/14); the class she is attending lets out at 8pm MST, so if she is able to make it on, she'll be an hour or so late.
Mike said: Currently, it looks like I'll be able to make the game next week without issue.  I'll have more concrete answers this weekend, but so far the preparations on the new house are proceeding without only minor issues.  Tonight I will still be at my current rental with all my boxes. Good news on my end: I am fully moved in and my internet is working better than I expected.  I had a lot of misgivings about setting up my modem in the basement where the hookup was, but the wifi router is shooting excellent signal up to my second floor office.  If things continue the way they have been going, I'm going to be sore, tired, and grouchy by the time Tuesday comes around, but I don't think that's horribly out of character for me most of the time. ;)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Due to high winds, power is out in my neighborhood. Hopefully it will be back by game time. If not, I will try to game remotely but might be slow or quiet as a result.

Edited 1510704176
I'm down with some bug, but am planning on being on (if somewhat less energetically than normal).
Inserting holiday brouhaha. Also, my Mom is 98.3% scheduled to be moving on 1/27, so I've blocked off the two Tuesdays around that for Margie and me. Added a few other bits here and there.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Tomorrow night is suddenly a trash fire. Would folks be able to do Wednesday, just this week? I can make tomorrow work if Wednesday doesn't, but there's a good chance we'll start late.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Doyce T. said: Tomorrow night is suddenly a trash fire. Would folks be able to do Wednesday, just this week? I can make tomorrow work if Wednesday doesn't, but there's a good chance we'll start late. That's okay for me.
Wednesday works for us. 
Wednesday is good with me this week. 
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Okay, we're on for Wednesday not Tuesday this week.
Not to be a downer, but I'm kind of glad it worked out this way.  I had my own personal trash fire of a day to deal with and while the game does brighten my evening, I don't think I would have been in the right head space to be a good player and participant.  Definitely looking forward to tomorrow, though.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Updated end-of-month hijinx in the top message. I will not know if I will be on Monday the 22nd until some time that day when I am out there and can gauge if that will work. Margie is in Oakland, CA, for a just-scheduled business trip, and will not be on. Margie and I will definitely not be on the next week, 1/29, as we will be accompanying my mom out to Colorado (staying that night in Santa Fe, so many margaritas will be involved). Katherine, on the other hand, should be on both nights, assuming she doesn't forget and isn't absorbed with binge-watching whatever anime she's into on those particular evenings.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sounds like we need to end this next session with Charlotte and Jason stuck in the Sepiaverse for a couple weeks. Alycia and Byron can chaperone.
End of the month is James' big band/orchestra trip, which Margie and I are tagging along for -- a week of a short cruise from Orlando to the Bahamas and back, then some Walt Disney World and Universal Studios, with some musical performances and studies along the way to justify it as edumacational. So we are out of the picture on 3/26.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
So the Memorial day might be a non-starter for me. More soon. Also, just this week, I'm volunteering at my kid's school most of Tuesday (and will likely be exhausted AFTER said activity) and will be wrapped up in a job interview on Wednesday until mid-afternoon, either in prep or the actual thing... so it may be a day or two before I jump into the scenes we discussed.
Updated our upcoming conflicts (plus Memorial Day) above.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
How are we looking for the 21st, Consortium?
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey guys. I had some stuff come up today, and it's better than 50% possible I might need to wave off tomorrow night's game -- I've got two of three kids down with some kind of stomach bug, and we're sort of all hands on deck here. More info as soon as I know more, and Consortium folks do let me know how it's looking at your end.
We are making all efforts (quite willingly) to be available on Monday, but if it's not going to work for you, let us know at the earliest convenience, as that will make certain planning elements easier.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
If you guys can't make it, no fear,  Kid Kelvin has you covered .
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey Bill and Mike: would tomorrow evening work? Already checked the consortium folks.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Tuesday 5/22 is okay for me.
Tuesday works for me.  Best of luck with the kiddos, Doyce.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
 Thanks guys. Everything is actually pretty well in hand today, we just sort of need this evening to take care of all the stuff that we didn't handle yesterday.
Roger-roger. See you tomorrow.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just double-checking that we are aiming at Wednesday this week?