Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5e - Can monster special abilities roll damage automatically?

I'm using the Roll20 monster manual tokens, and while standard attacks can be set to roll damage, I can't see that there is a way for special abilities to roll it as well - for example, a dragon's breath weapon or wing attack legendary action. They say what they do in the description but don't actually roll the dice. Am I missing something or is this not possible currently?

Edited 1506918073
It is possible but you have to code it yourself. I feel the content creators really dropped the ball on the possibility of what this platform is capable of. You can do it yourself easy enough by going into the description and putting double brackets [[ ]] around the die rolls i.e. [[12d6]] for the fire breath. When it is output to chat it will make the roll. 
Guess I'll have to do that then - thanks for the tip.