Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Community] Roll20 DnD5e v.1.1.4 Character Sheet Help

So I have almost zero experience in all this "macro" and tech speak. All I'm trying to do is cast my spells at a higher level but they're not giving me the option. As it stands I'm a 5th level cleric but I can only seem to cast my spells at their base level. So for my cure wounds I can only cast at level 1. If I want to cast at 2nd I have to manual input (basically roll the dice) it. I would think it would be built in and give me the option of choosing the spell level but nope. If there isn't an option then that's fine but if there is one it would be great if someone could help. 
Paren N. said: So I have almost zero experience in all this "macro" and tech speak. All I'm trying to do is cast my spells at a higher level but they're not giving me the option. As it stands I'm a 5th level cleric but I can only seem to cast my spells at their base level. So for my cure wounds I can only cast at level 1. If I want to cast at 2nd I have to manual input (basically roll the dice) it. I would think it would be built in and give me the option of choosing the spell level but nope. If there isn't an option then that's fine but if there is one it would be great if someone could help.  I have always wondered why that wasn't built into the sheet too. Maybe I can come up with something to help you. Are you using 5e Community Contributed as One-Click or Custom?
I have no idea what you mean by that, to be honest lol you might have to explain it in pretty simple terms.
Try putting ?{Level of Spell | 1}d8 &nbsp;into the healing amount of your cure wounds spell, it will let you type what level you want to cast at and use that many d8. You can find out more about roll queries here:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Using_a_variable_with_a_Macro" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Using_a_variable_with_a_Macro</a>
Thank you so much! it works!
I have no idea what you just said I'm going to be honest. But the line of code Kyle gave me is a pretty sweet work around.

Edited 1507002951
I just join a game using the 1.1.4 character sheet,&nbsp; I would like to import my character from the Hero Lab app into the CS.&nbsp; can I do that with the 1.1.4 CS?&nbsp; &nbsp;if so how?&nbsp;&nbsp;