Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to change token Size?

So I noticed there is a token size field on NPC sheet (the OGL 2.0 5th edition one), which has me thinking, is there a way to build a macro so that a player could select their token (a PC sheet) and then either Enlarge or Reduce their token? This would save the GM having to manually rezise the token (especially if moving between pages/maps.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You need an API script for it, as I understand it that field is for setting up tokens according to the token defaults for characters dragged from the compendium. However, Aaron's Tokenmod script can do this for you quite handily.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
TokenMod command to double the size of the selected token: !token-mod —-set width|*2 height|*2 halving: !token-mod --set width|/2 height|/2
Oooh, thank you! I was looking at the TokenMod script earlier after Scott mentioned it, then after seeing the 10 billion commands available I closed the page and went and got another coffee... Mondays... I'll give it a test run in my game and undoubtbly come back with questions. :P
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, the help is a bit overwhelming. I should really do something to break it up a bit...
I think reading through it a second time it mostly makes sense. Going to create my players some darkvision macros for when one of them dons his Goggles of Night, so much easier to make them do it :D
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
My current Light-Options macro: !token-mod --set ?{Vision|Torch, light_radius#40 light_dimradius#20 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes|Hooded Lantern, light_radius#60 light_dimradius#30 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes|Bullseye Lantern, light_radius#120 light_dimradius#60 light_angle#60 light_hassight#yes light_otherplayers#yes|Lamp, light_radius#30 light_dimradius#15 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes|Candle, light_radius#5 light_dimradius#=0 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#yes|Darkvision, light_radius#60 light_dimradius#=-5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|Darkvision (90'), light_radius#90 light_dimradius#=-5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|Warlock Devil's Sight, light_radius#120 light_dimradius#=120 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|No light source(Dusk), light_radius#120 light_dimradius#=-5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|Fog, light_radius#200 light_dimradius#=5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|No light source, light_radius#5 light_dimradius#=-5 light_hassight#yes light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no|Blinded, light_hassight#no light_angle#360 light_otherplayers#no}
Amazing again! Thanks Aaron.