Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What "global modifiers" stands for?

I'm new to platform e and even newer to the forum, and i'm seeing a lot of you guys talking about global mods. I've seen this on 5e sheet, but i really don't know what this stands for, and in what this helps in game. Can someone please explain to me? Or link something i can read. Thanks.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The global modifiers would be useful for temporary or overarching bonuses granted by a spell or magic item.  For example, Bless gives you a +1d4 to all attack rolls and saving throws for its duration.  Rather than adjusting every attack and every saving throw to add that in, you could just add the roll once globally as a bonus to all attacks and all saves.
The Aaron said: The global modifiers would be useful for temporary or overarching bonuses granted by a spell or magic item.  For example, Bless gives you a +1d4 to all attack rolls and saving throws for its duration.  Rather than adjusting every attack and every saving throw to add that in, you could just add the roll once globally as a bonus to all attacks and all saves. Haha, thanks, man! Again... Roll20 could have "Thanks" option on thread's comments.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No problem! =D