Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What am i doing wrong here?

Edited 1506963644
Here is my global saving throw macro for the new 2.0 sheet. It is only selecting strength and not the other attributes! @{kintorian II|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{strength-save-u}}} {{mod=?{Save|STR, [[@{Kintorian II|strength_save_mod}]] (STR) |DEX, [[@{Kintorian II|dexterity_save_mod}]] (DEX) |CON, [[@{Kintorian II|constitution_save_mod}]] (CON) |INT, [[@{Kintorian II|intelligence_save_mod}]] (INT) |WIS, [[@{Kintorian II|wisdom_save_mod}]] (WIS) |CHA, [[@{Kintorian II|charisma_save_mod}]] (CHA) } }} {{r1=[[1d20@{Kintorian II|pbd_safe}+[[?{Save}]] @{Kintorian II|global_save_mod} ]]}} @{Kintorian II|rtype}@{Kintorian II|pbd_safe}+[[?{Save}]] @{Kintorian II|global_save_mod} ]]}} @{Kintorian II|charname_output} After further testing i'm not getting the bonuses to the rolls either.

Edited 1506963236
I also need a universal macro for my skills!
I'm not the best at macros but at first glance I would suggest replacing (STR) with [STR] and (DEX) with [DEX] and remove the double square brackets around ?{Save} in the 2 rolls.
Is it actually only selecting strength or are you just thinking that because it is setting the name of the roll to strength? In other words, you have the rname section ({{rname=^{strength-save-u}}}) outside of the query so it is not dependent on the query.

Edited 1506969122
I'm not a scripter. I am a copy paste kinda guy. So how do i get this to work properly with a drop down menu for each save? Is this script even close to what i want?
This is really close. Now i just need it to calculate the bonuses into the die rolls. I'm just getting a question mark for the bonus. @{kintorian II|wtype}&{template:simple} {{mod=?{Save|STRENGTH, @{Kintorian II|strength_save_bonus} [STRENGTH] |DEXTERITY, [[@{Kintorian II|dexterity_save_bonus}]] [DEXTERITY] |CONSTITUTION, [[@{Kintorian II|constitution_save_bonus}]] [CONSTITUTION] |INTELLIGENCE, [[@{Kintorian II|intelligence_save_bonus}]] [INTELLIGENCE] |WISDOM, [[@{Kintorian II|wisdom_save_bonus}]] [WISDOM] |CHARISMA, [[@{Kintorian II|charisma_save_bonus}]] [CHARISMA] } }} {{r1=[[1d20@{Kintorian II|pbd_safe}+?[Save] @{Kintorian II|global_save_mod} ]]}} @{Kintorian II|rtype} @{Kintorian II|pbd_safe}+? [Save] @{Kintorian II|global_save_mod} ]]}} @{Kintorian II|charname_output}
You need to replace ?[Save] and ? [Save] with ?{Save} both times
Thanks kyle that did the trick! One more question. How do i get the name of the save to pop up in the chat window? 
Off the top of my head adding {{rname=?{Save Name|Str Save|Dex Save|Con Save|...}} in as one of the sections. But that means you'd have to select the save twice, once for the name and a second for the mod score.
Brian A. said: Thanks kyle that did the trick! One more question. How do i get the name of the save to pop up in the chat window?  Can you lent me the macro you have done, mate? I'm too lazy and too dumb to make on by myself.
I will post it as soon as i get it working Lucas np!
So what i want is for the display to read in chat (Strength) (5) and the bonus number after currently it reads (5 (Strength) )
Here is what i currently have with the messed up display! @{kintorian II|wtype}&{template:simple} {{mod=?{Save|Strength, @{Kintorian II|strength_save_bonus} (Strength) |Dexterity, [[@{Kintorian II|dexterity_save_bonus}]] (Dexterity) |Constitution, [[@{Kintorian II|constitution_save_bonus}]] (Constitution) |Intelligence, [[@{Kintorian II|intelligence_save_bonus}]] (Intelligence) |Wisdom, [[@{Kintorian II|wisdom_save_bonus}]] (Wisdom) |Charisma, [[@{Kintorian II|charisma_save_bonus}]] (Charisma) } }} {{r1=[[1d20@{Kintorian II|pbd_safe} + ?{Save} @{Kintorian II|global_save_mod} ]]}} @{Kintorian II|rtype} @{Kintorian II|pbd_safe} + ?{Save} @{Kintorian II|global_save_mod} ]]}} @{Kintorian II|charname_output}
Change the order of @{Kintorian II|strength_save_bonus} (Strength) to (Strength) @{Kintorian II|strength_save_bonus} for each of the 6 attributes should do it.
Thanks Kyle!
Here is the finished version with some flavor text! @{kintorian II|wtype} &{template:simple} {{mod=?{Save|Strength, (Strength) @{Kintorian II|strength_save_bonus} |Dexterity, (Dexterity) [[@{Kintorian II|dexterity_save_bonus}]] |Constitution, (Constitution) [[@{Kintorian II|constitution_save_bonus}]] |Intelligence, (Intelligence) [[@{Kintorian II|intelligence_save_bonus}]] |Wisdom, (Wisdom) [[@{Kintorian II|wisdom_save_bonus}]] |Charisma, (Charisma) [[@{Kintorian II|charisma_save_bonus}]] } }} {{r1=[[1d20@{Kintorian II|pbd_safe} +?{Save} @{Kintorian II|global_save_mod} ]]}} @{Kintorian II|rtype} @{Kintorian II|pbd_safe} +?{Save} @{Kintorian II|global_save_mod} ]]}} @{Kintorian II|charname_output} ***Kintorian II makes a saving throw!***
Here is the skill check macro as well! @{kintorian II|wtype} &{template:simple} {{mod=?{Skill|Acrobatics, (Acrobatics) @{Kintorian II|acrobatics_bonus} |Animal Handling, (Animal Handling) [[@{Kintorian II|animal_handling_bonus}]] |Arcana, (Arcana)[[@{Kintorian II|arcana_bonus}]] |Athletics,(Athletics) [[@{Kintorian II|athletics_bonus}]] |Deception, (Deception)[[@{Kintorian II|deception_bonus}]] |History, (History)[[@{Kintorian II|history_bonus}]] |Insight, (Insight) [[@{Kintorian II|insight_bonus}]] |Intimidation, (Intimidation)[[@{Kintorian II|intimidation_bonus}]] |Investigation, (Investigation) [[@{Kintorian II|investigation_bonus}]] |Medicine, (Medicine) [[@{Kintorian II|medicine_bonus}]] |Nature, (Nature )[[@{Kintorian II|nature_bonus}]] |Perception, (Perception) [[@{Kintorian II|perception_bonus}]] |Performance, (Performance) [[@{Kintorian II|performance_bonus}]] |Persuasion, (Persuasion) [[@{Kintorian II|persuasion_bonus}]] |Religion, (Religion)[[@{Kintorian II|religion_bonus}]] |Sleight of Hand, (Sleight of Hand) [[@{Kintorian II|sleight_of_hand_bonus}]] |Stealth, (Stealth) [[@{Kintorian II|stealth_bonus}]] |Survival, (Survival) [[@{Kintorian II|survival_bonus}]] (Survival)} }} {{r1=[[1d20@{Kintorian II|pbd_safe}+?{Skill} @{Kintorian II|global_skill_mod} ]]}} @{Kintorian II|rtype} @{Kintorian II|pbd_safe}+?{Skill} @{Kintorian II|global_skill_mod} ]]}} @{Kintorian II|charname_output} ***Kintorian II makes a skill check!***
Holy cow that was epic! It literally took me all day for these two global scripts which as a DM aren't very practical considering it just tripled my time on making macros for everything! Yes, i like macros for almost everything especially universal ones. There really needs to be a global script that you can use instead of this! I sure am missing @selected! It was so much easier!!!!!!!!
Brian A. said: Holy cow that was epic! It literally took me all day for these two global scripts which as a DM aren't very practical considering it just tripled my time on making macros for everything! Yes, i like macros for almost everything especially universal ones. There really needs to be a global script that you can use instead of this! I sure am missing @selected! It was so much easier!!!!!!!! If you are making these as character abilities, you do not need to specify the character sheet. @{Kintorian II|attribute} is the same as @{attribute}. Plus then you do not have to change the attribute from one character to another. Simple copy the macro and, Presto!, you have a version for another character ready to go. If you are making them as global macros for your PCs, I highly recommend using @{selected|attribute}. It will save you time in making the macros when you could be doing more important DM work, and your players will get use to having to select a token eventually.
Thanks Kyle i will give it a shot!

Edited 1507002288
I can't get it to work and i am beyond frustrated! Why does this have to be so hard? @{selected|attribute|wtype} &{template:simple} {{mod=?{Save|Strength, (Strength) @{selected|attribute|strength_save_bonus} |Dexterity, (Dexterity) [[@{selected|attribute|dexterity_save_bonus}]] |Constitution, (Constitution) [[@{selected|attribute|constitution_save_bonus}]] |Intelligence, (Intelligence) [[@{selected|attribute|intelligence_save_bonus}]] |Wisdom, (Wisdom) [[@{selected|attribute|wisdom_save_bonus}]] |Charisma, (Charisma) [[@{selected|attribute|charisma_save_bonus}]] } }} {{r1=[[1d20@{selected|attribute|pbd_safe} +?{Save} @{selected|attribute|global_save_mod} ]]}} @{selected|attribute|rtype} @{selected|attribute|pbd_safe} +?{Save} @{selected|attribute}|global_save_mod} ]]}} @{selected|attribute|charname_output} This doesn't work! I just tried it with @{attribute} it doesn't work either!

Edited 1507001626
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Easy... ?{Save} has (Ability) listed before the Bonus.  You can't numerically add a word. I would suggest you instead make it @{selected|attribute|strength_save_bonus}[Str Save Bonus].  Also, just check if the save bonus has a "+" in it, because the parser has little heartattacks for ++ but doesn't for +- That also has the 'kicker' that when you check the roll, you'll see [Str Save Bonus] listed in the labels of a roll.
Please can somebody make this a universal macro so i can use it for my monsters too!
This works without errors and is universal but it is not using the bonuses that the npc or monster has on it's sheet. In this case it has +4 on medicine checks. No bonuses are being rolled! It's the same on the save macro as well. @{Selected|wtype} &{template:simple} {{mod=?{Skill|Acrobatics, (Acrobatics) @{Selected|acrobatics_bonus} |Animal Handling, (Animal Handling) [[@{Selected|animal_handling_bonus}]] |Arcana, (Arcana) [[@{Selected|arcana_bonus}]] |Athletics,(Athletics) [[@{Selected|athletics_bonus}]] |Deception, (Deception) [[@{Selected|deception_bonus}]] |History, (History) [[@{Selected|history_bonus}]] |Insight, (Insight) [[@{Selected|insight_bonus}]] |Intimidation, (Intimidation) [[@{Selected|intimidation_bonus}]] |Investigation, (Investigation) [[@{Selected|investigation_bonus}]] |Medicine, (Medicine) [[@{Selected|medicine_bonus}]] |Nature, (Nature ) [[@{Selected|nature_bonus}]] |Perception, (Perception) [[@{Selected|perception_bonus}]] |Performance, (Performance) [[@{Selected|performance_bonus}]] |Persuasion, (Persuasion) [[@{Selected|persuasion_bonus}]] |Religion, (Religion) [[@{Selected|religion_bonus}]] |Sleight of Hand, (Sleight of Hand) [[@{Selected|sleight_of_hand_bonus}]] |Stealth, (Stealth) [[@{Selected|stealth_bonus}]] |Survival, (Survival) [[@{Selected|survival_bonus}]] (Survival)} }} {{r1=[[1d20@{Selected|pbd_safe}+?{Skill} @{Selected|global_skill_mod} ]]}} @{Selected|rtype} @{Selected|pbd_safe}+?{Skill} @{Selected|global_skill_mod} ]]}} @{Selected|charname_output} ***Acolyte makes a skill check!***
So there is no way to make universal macro work with the new sheets? Because they are not using the monsters stats when calculating.
Brian A. said: So there is no way to make universal macro work with the new sheets? Because they are not using the monsters stats when calculating. You can, but it's difficult. Check out how Craig made them. Skills Abilities Saving Throws
You should be able to call the function using %{selected|<insert skill here>}. For example, Arcana check; %{selected|npc_arcana} Strength; %{selected|npc_str} You would then combine with a Query that calls it.
I tried his scripts first Kyle they didn't work! Nevermind i guess i'm on my own then!
Kyle G. said: Brian A. said: So there is no way to make universal macro work with the new sheets? Because they are not using the monsters stats when calculating. You can, but it's difficult. Check out how Craig made them. Skills Abilities Saving Throws I went back through each of the links and posted a new version of the macros with the HTML encoded values in the forum. This is what was causing you issues before.
Thanks Kyle! The saving throws seem to work now however the skills still aren't working properly!
Are you receiving any errors? Can you send me some screenshots of what you are getting versus what you expect to be getting.
I am not getting errors but i think i know what is going on. Apparently if you use any token besides the one attached to it's sheet. It will use the stats for the selected token instead of using the ones from the monster sheet.
Correct, how are you using these macros?
I am using them correctly but i was testing them by using a PC token on the splash page. I am currently going through all my monster sheets and replacing my macros with the correct ones you made. It is going to take a while!