Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sheet's auto-calc fields stopped

Edited 1506492851
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
One user reported that on the Pathfinder Legacy/Old sheet, the NPC auto-calc fields have stopped displaying values. Strange, since the sheet has been working fine without any changes over the last few years. I looked at the input fields values and they look fine. When I checked the console log when opening a character, I noticed multiple(200+) errors such as The specified value "(@{STR-base} + @{STR-enhance} + @{STR-misc} + @{STR-temp})" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? What's strange is that the auto-calculated disabled inputs with similar formulas on the PC section of the sheet seem to be fine. Like I said, this sheet has basically remained unchanged over the last few years, which leads me to believe there might have been a change on roll20..? Not sure. Any clue what might be causing this? I also noticed a few of these types of errors showing on the Pathfinder-neceros sheet as well. May not be isolated to the Legacy sheet. TIA

Edited 1506668846
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think I may have found a pattern.  Like many sheets, the Legacy sheet re-uses some of the same attributes for both the PC and NPC sections of the sheet.  Only the first instance of the attribute auto-calcs as expected(generates the data-formula), but if the same input/attribute is used again, the auto-calc fails (does not generate the data-formula).  Below is a simple initiative calc of test code.  The final two fields are exactly the same code.  INIT and NPC-INIT.  NPC-INIT fails to calculate.  This seems like a new bug. Console log shows errors when opening the sheet (this is just the code used below) The specified value "@{DEX-base}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? The specified value "(floor(@{DEX} / 2) - 5)" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? The specified value "@{DEX-mod}" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? The specified value "(@{init-DEX} + @{init-misc})" is not a valid number. The value must match to the following regular expression: -?(\d+|\d+\.\d+|\.\d+)([eE][-+]?\d+)? example of NPC-INIT not calculating sample test code <span><input title="DEX" type="number" name="attr_DEX" value="@{DEX-base}" disabled>DEX</span><br> <span><input title="DEX-mod" type="number" name="attr_DEX-mod" value="(floor(@{DEX} / 2) - 5)" disabled>MOD</span><br> <span><input title="DEX-base" type="number" name="attr_DEX-base" value="10">BASE</span><br> <span><input title="DEX-mod" type="number" name="attr_init-DEX" value="@{DEX-mod}" disabled>MOD</span><br> <span><input type="number" title="init-misc" name="attr_init-misc" value="0"/>MISC</span><br> <span><input type="number" title="init" name="attr_init" value="(@{init-DEX} + @{init-misc})" disabled>INIT</span><br> <span><input type="number" title="init" name="attr_init" value="(@{init-DEX} + @{init-misc})" disabled>NPC-INIT</span><br>

Edited 1506691513
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Here's a test game with the code from above.&nbsp; May help the Dev's isolate the problem.&nbsp; Thanks <a href="https://app.roll20dev.net/join/41005/NSihkw" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20dev.net/join/41005/NSihkw</a>
I can confirm this error. I have a custom character sheet for one of my games which has three "types" of character sheets, each of which share some auto-calculated fields. They work fine for the first type written in the HTML, but they don't appear for the second or third. We didn't have this error in August, but after a short break in the game we came back and noticed it. So whatever change caused this is probably no more than a month old.
I can confirm this is a bug, we're looking into it.&nbsp; Thanks very much for the report!
Posting here as asked: For my older game that uses the sheets from 09.03.2015 the auto-calculated fields are now all missing, they still function as an acrobatics roll with +33 still adds that in but the sheet itself does not tell you what the numbers are. This has happened recently within the past 2 weeks or so.

Edited 1506855453
i have see this bug. not on all input.&nbsp; in roll20, ligne of formules are good, the value are effectiv, but&nbsp;does not appear I resolve this in translat the type 'number' on type 'text".

Edited 1506876688
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
In my test case above, all inputs use type="number" and still show errors in the log... ;-( Still need to solve the problem; only the first of multiple auto-calced fields of the same attribute are displayed.&nbsp; ;-(
This should be fixed now!&nbsp; Disabled elements should properly be getting their data-formula attribute.&nbsp; Let us know if there are further problems here. Thank you!
Works in my game! And less than an hour before my session starts, too. Thanks!

Edited 1507270065
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jeff L. said: This should be fixed now!&nbsp; Disabled elements should properly be getting their data-formula attribute.&nbsp; Let us know if there are further problems here. Thank you! Looks good on the Main server, but it doesn't look like the Dev has been given the same change/update. ;-(&nbsp; &nbsp;My test case above is on the Dev and it still has the bug as well as another game I have on the Dev. Thanks
Looking all good over here, thanks for the quick fix!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Bump. I beleive the Dev server still exhibits this bug...
Vince said: Bump. I beleive the Dev server still exhibits this bug... This should be fixed shortly! Thank you!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
double bump.&nbsp; ;-P Still an issue on the Dev server.