Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll queries and roll template elements

Edited 1507127131
So I have been trying to rebuild some roll queries for the 5e OGL 2.0 sheet and I can't seem to get past one problem that I don't remember having in the past involving "{{" at the start of the roll query. This is a very simplified example to try to illustrate the problem, but if I start with a query: ?{Save|Str, 1 |Dex, 2} This works as expected: However if I change "1" to "{{1}}" it completely breaks the query: ?{Save|Str, {{1}} |Dex, 2} Output:
Is there a way to fix this problem?  I don't remember having this problem prior to the recent updates (simply based on looking at my previously working macros).
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Do you have an example of a previously working macro that has {{ }} inside the query?  Can you move it to outside the query and get the result you want? {{ ?{Save|Str, 1 |Dex, 2} }}
Isn't this due to the problem of roll queries ending on the first } it picks up? You can avoid this by replacing each } inside the query with it's HTML equivalent. You can read more about that  here .
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Generally it is a  nesting issue : ?{Save|Str, {{1}} |Dex, 2} Would work.
I think I figured it out... global_save_mod was the problem.  This value of this attribute is {{global=X}} (including the {{ }}) where X equals the value of the global saves.   So as Aaron pointed out this value would need to be added outside the query, or it won't work.  Is there a way to avoid the html replacement on the forums so that I can post a working macro (that includes the html replacements so people could copy and paste it)?
You need to HTML encode the HTML encoded values. So } would become }. Specifically, you just need to add amp; betweeen & and #. Note that you can nest this by doing amp;amp;, sometimes when copying from a text editor into the forums here the encoded values are removed.