Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help finding APIs that fit my needs

I've looked through the lists of APIs and if any fit what I'm looking for, I either didn't see it, or couldn't figure out how to use it. At the moment, all I want are APIs that allow me: to stop players from moving tokens into something (exactly like the dynamic lighting feature) except I want it to be able to be used on top of the dynamic lighting feature and not block line of sight; I also want something that stops tokens from occupying the same space, effectively having tokens block movement for other tokens.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The best the API can do is move them back, it can't prevent them from moving through them.
And how does it work? is it a line/drawing tool like the dynamic lighting feature?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No.  I'm not aware of the script that does this, I'm just speaking from capabilities.  A good example is It's a Trap.  After moving a token, it may move it back to a point where it triggered a trap.
Yeah, that was one of the scripts I tried that I couldn't figure out how to make work. That along with "Collision Detection" which seemed to do the second half of what I said I wanted in this post but I could never figure it out.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Collision Detection is a script for other scripts to use. Stephen L. wrote it for Its a Trap, other scripts like BOOM! use it.