Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Align to grid not working well

Hi, I used the align to grid tool in all my maps so far, and it worked really well. I clicked and dragged the mouse to form a image that correlates to a 3 by 3 grid in the map I uploaded and then I just fine tuned and the map was aligned to roll20 grid.  Not sure if it was caused by the overall update that implemented the fog of war, but I tried today to align a new map, and when I clicked and dragged, the square formed wasn't with free size that I scaled to the image, but it was formed using the size of the grid block of roll20.  I am missing something really simple here?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The only that should  be happening is if you are holding the shift key down when dragging the alignment box out... as that is unlikely what you are doing lets work through the basics to see if something is mimicking that behaviour: Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Thanks, tried it and not sure what the problem was, maybe some cookies but it worked again.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the update, feel free to post again following the steps mentioned should it happen again :)