Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there something like player_name?

There's the option to do @{character_name} in an Ability-macro, to get the name of the character sheet... Is there an option like @{player_name} that can be used in global macros and that just adds in the action name of the player? Or the one he currently has selected. Both work.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Not really. You can access it with the API (a Pro Subscriber Perk), but the best you can do without it is using /em, and that will only be the player name when they are speaking as themselves. 
Yes, I'm trying to populate macro template that comes with the character sheet, and one field wants the name, so can't use /me there. With Pro I could just edit the template myself and remove that part or change it how I want it, but wondered if there's something to work like that instead. Thanks for the answer
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Oh, I might have missed something in your original question.  You can use @{selected|character_name} to get the character name of the selected token.