Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weapon selection macro help

Edited 1507346162
I am trying to call up my weapons macros with another master macro for my selected weapon. Here is what i have so far.  Master Macro: ?{Which Weapon? |Short Sword, (#Shortsword) |Short Bow, (#Shortbow) }} It isn't using the script for the selected weapon. I am sure i'm missing something here. Here is the script for the weapons in the other macros. The shortbow has the same script. @{Corky Nimblefoot|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+3}} {{rname=Shortsword}} {{r1=[[@{Corky Nimblefoot|d20}cs>20 + 1[STR] + 2[PROF]]]}} @{Corky Nimblefoot|rtype}cs>20 + 1[STR] + 2[PROF]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{range=}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d6 + 1[STR]]]}} {{dmg1type=Piercing }} 0 {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d6[CRIT]]]}} {{crit2=[[0[CRIT]]]}} 0 {{desc=}} {{spelllevel=}} @{Corky Nimblefoot|global_attack_mod} @{Corky Nimblefoot|global_damage_mod} @{Corky Nimblefoot|global_damage_mod_crit} {{globaldamagetype=@{Corky Nimblefoot|global_damage_type}}} ammo= @{Corky Nimblefoot|charname_output}
Because of Roll20's order of operations everything in the macro is put straight into the roll query and roll query's end on the first }. This means you'll need to replace each } in the macros with their HTML equivalent which is } EXCEPT the curly brackets in the attribute calls. Leave attribute calls, such as @{Corky Nimblefoot|wtype} as they are because attribute calls are resolved first before the roll query so they do not need their curly brackets replaced. You can find more on this  here .
Wow! i just went into the deep end of the pool! So my master macro is correct? I need to replace the regular weapon macros with the html stuff?
I would think so, I would also say remove the () brackets around the weapon macros and remove the last curly bracket (you have two closing ones) in the master macro just in case but I doubt that'd be the problem.