Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e OGL] Using ChatSetAttr to automatically tick off death saves/fails

I'm trying to fudge together a way that when I roll for a death save it will automatically fill the check box for a death save or fail depending on whichever is appropriate. I currently have it so when I roll for a death save I can click on the name of the roll and that will trigger an ability macro that will check the right box. This works for checking one box but I need it so if the first box is ticked it will check the second and then the third if the second is ticked. This is the closest I can get but I'm not familiar enough with ChatSetAttr's evaluate to actual  know what I'm doing so any help would be appreciated. !setattr {{--name @{character_name} --evaluate  --deathsave_succ1|on  --deathsave_succ2|("%deathsave_succ1%" === "on") ? "on": 0 --deathsave_succ3|("%deathsave_succ1%" === "on") ("%deathsave_succ2%" === "on") ? "on": 0 }}
I believe the OGL sheet is designed to tick the boxes already, if you're using the companion script -- and clicking the sheet roll for it.
I'm such an idiot, I was in /talktomyself so the API wasn't outputting when I first checked to see if that was a thing. Thank you for saving me wasting even more time than I already had on this.