Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Nesting drop down queries in a dice roll on a sheet.

Hi. I am trying to figure out how to ask a yes or no question upon a dice roll. If yes, then it will pull a value from another attribute on the sheet, then have another query to ask for a multiplier. Both the attribute it pulls and the second query will then need to be used in a calculation for the result of the roll.  can this be done and if so any help would be appreciated. Currently it queries for the first value instead of pulling it, and then queries for the multiplier, but I have been asked to do it in the way mentioned above and to have the first value settable and displayed on the sheet. Which I have done. 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If I was writing this in a macro (not directly in the html for the sheet), I'd do it like this: [[?{What ability|Ability name,@{ability_name}|Ability name 2,@{ability_name_2}}*?{Multiplier|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|...}]] The multiplier is a drop down select of possible multipliers to prevent erroneous number inputs.
Well the original ability needs to be adied to another ability before it is multiplied, so perhaps a variation on your macro.  Basically what I need to do is @{attribute1} +  if using gear (@{attribute2} + query attribute 3) * query multiplier if no gear just @{attribute1)  ....... attribute 3 has 20 possible options to fill it, each is its own attribute