Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ctrl L for players

An idea came to me, so i figured I'd post it here. As the GM, I can click Ctrl L on any token to see what it's field of view is. It would be nice if I could do that as a player. If I'm a player with multiple characters on the map, and each character has different visions, it would be nice to know which one of my characters can see what. For example, if one of my characters has low light vision, they see twice as far. My normal character can see this double since i see all my characters sight at the same time. If it's needed, I play Pathfinder
There are scripts that can help with this. I use one called Observer, that changes the view settings to the character who is up in initiative. However, it would be very cool if this was implemented as a standard feature.
Didn’t even know this existed. is it a pro tool?
Gobbo. said: Didn’t even know this existed. is it a pro tool? Alas, it is a pro tool. There are a ton of special APIs available for Pro membership that makes it worthwhile for DMs.
This is exactly what I was looking for. I wouldn't even need it to auto ctrl+L for the token's turn like the script would do ... just the ability to ctrl+L for players with multiple tokens. Is it purposefully withheld? Or was it just an oversight? I'd think it shouldn't be hard to implement since it is already implemented for GMs?
Yeah it would be nice haha. In one of my games (I'm the player not the GM) i control 3 tokens. My player, her animal companion, and her Leadership cohort. I have three fields of vision, it would be nice to be able to ctrl L one of my 3 and know which of my characters see what.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The exact  same suggestion already exists.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .