Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Facing

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Any tips/tricks you all can share for token facing?  A GM in our group is wanting to use Dynamic Lighting but not give the tokens 360 degree vision.  We like to use Portrait tokens, so changing the facing by rotating the token makes the portraits look...odd.  The game will be hosted on an account with a Pro sub, so API solutions are acceptable if there's such a thing...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I have a script called Facing that puts a little marker under tokens to point the direction they are facing. It updates when you rotate your token and then fixes the orientation of your token to be up again. I talked to a person that also attached the light to that Facing image by changing the script to put the facing token on the objects layer as well.  It's not an ideal solution, but let me know if you want details on how to do that.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'd love details...my guess there is no ideal solution at present and a Suggestion will need to be made at some point. :
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I find myself wishing there was a search feature for private messages... Luckily, it wasn't so long ago.. =D -----8<----------------------------------------------- The Easiest way to do this would probably be to change line 191 where it says 'map' to 'objects': layer=( 'gmlayer' === pair.master.get('layer') ? 'gmlayer' : ' objects ' ); Then remove lines 221, 223-225, leaving only toBack(pair.slave): if('gmlayer' === layer) { toBack(pair.slave); } else { toFront(pair.slave); } That will place the ring on the token layer and let you set vision on it for the player that will actually work.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Awesome, thanks! I'm assuming this is what I want:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/tree/master/F" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/tree/master/F</a>... Do I need both, the .js and the .json files?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Only the .js is necessary.&nbsp; The .json file is just meta data used by Roll20's one-click script and such.

Edited 1507923119
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
(and yes, that's the right script)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Great, thanks. :)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Here's the original Forum Post:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1903275/script-f" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1903275/script-f</a>... Talks about some Facing quirks and the two modes.&nbsp;
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Firstly, I want to apologize for being a pain... So, I've tried the script out and I think it may accomplish what we want, but...I can't seem to get the facing token on the token layer. I made the changes you recommended above, but the token always moves to the Map layer. To fix that issue, I had to modify row 115, too. &nbsp;However, doing that produces this result: (click to play) The two problems are the actual token is obscured (which is probably why the token was placed on the map layer to begin with), and to change the facing at certain times (i.e. when the facing direction is somthing like South) you need to hunt around to find the rotation bar of the token. Any suggestions on how to fix that?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
PM me an invite, I'll join you and we'll work it out! =D
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
With how quickly you respond, I almost feel like you're waiting just to respond to me. :)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I totally am. =D