Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Help! Roll20 Running Very Slow

I have been a long time user and have run several games with tons of files loaded on here before but starting a few weeks ago, the server started running really slowly for me. When I move tokens or move my screen around the maps in my game or other user's games, the system lags a lot and its slowing down the pace for my game and the game I play in. I deleted thousands of old and unused tokens and maps, got rid of my entire archive of characters and maps, as well as delete an old game file I had used as a storage. I have used big files in the past but they never caused slowdown for me this much. I have cleared my cookies, cleared my browser history, I use Chrome, and even cleared hundreds of old files off my laptop but nothing seems to help. I do have an extension called "Adblocker" but I haven't been running that on Roll20 for weeks now and aside from that I have no other extensions. I also made sure that "Use Hardware Acceleration When Available" is switched on but nothing seems to increase the speed. Someone please help me cause I can't keep running my game if the app runs so slowly for me.
Hi Daniel Z. Sorry to hear you are having such issues with the site. Are you using any features such as the new Advanced Fog of War that released a few weeks ago? Additionally, could you post a console log capturing moments of severe slow down? It should help shed some light on the cause.
On some maps I have used the standard fog of war, but I use it very sparingly. When I run the app on my tablet and other computers in my home, the app runs smoothly, but on my personal laptop it lags. How would I post a console log capture?
Step 4 of our guide to Solving Technical Issues outlines how to access the console log as well as the other steps which I believe you have mentioned.

Edited 1507924330
Okay I have take 8 screenshots of the entire console log from when I launched the game. At no point does the log change when I move across the map or when I move a token: 
Does this issue persist if you run in Firefox on your laptop?
Wow it actually works very well on firefox. Everything moves smoothly with no lag at all. Do you have any ideas why it lags on Chrome? Thank you for the firefox suggestion, I think for now I'll run Roll20 on firefox but I am still curious if there's any solution regarding Chrome since its my preferred browser
Daniel Z. said: Wow it actually works very well on firefox. Everything moves smoothly with no lag at all. Do you have any ideas why it lags on Chrome? Thank you for the firefox suggestion, I think for now I'll run Roll20 on firefox but I am still curious if there's any solution regarding Chrome since its my preferred browser It is possible it might be the result of a recent chrome update. The devs will look more into this issue to see what may have happened. For the time being I will mark this as resolved. Good luck in your games!