Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Now in WOTC Megathread] Lost Mine of Phandelver Bug Reporting Thread

DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Here is the new thread to report on Lost Mine of Phandelver bugs as of Patch 1.1 Patch notes follow below As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know in this thread Mel, the new Production Coordinator Patch 1.1 NPC Corrections Glasstaff His stats now link to the correct stat block, and his spells have been updated. We have updated his statblock to include his abilities from his Staff of Defense. Glasstaff’s token has also been updated. This NPCs Quarterstaff attack has been corrected to 3 (1d8-1), from 4 (1d8-1) Wolf This NPC portrait and token now correctly matches the Monster Manual entry instead of its placeholder token image. Map Corrections GM Layer for all Maps All room keys and other GM text elements now match our updated WOTC map assets. Cragmaw Hideout Dynamic Lighting has been updated to include the stalagmites littered across the dungeon Redbrand Hideout Global Illumination has been enabled. Dynamic Lighting has been updated to better show players the walls of the map. Ruins of Thundertree This map grid has been correctly resized to 10’ units from 5’ per unit. Tokens have been resized appropriately. Wave Echo Cave This map grid has been correctly resized to 10’ units from 5’ per unit. Tokens have been resized appropriately. Dynamic Lighting has been updated to better show players the walls of the map. Token Corrections NPC Sight Tokens have been updated to have “Has Sight” Enabled and in most cases, have had darkvision or truevision set for their light radius. Doppelganger Rollable Table Tokens We have made rollable table tokens for the Doppleganger NPCs and have included a handout describing their use. Flameskull Token Now has light enabled to reflect its Illumination trait and its token has been updated to the Monster Manual image. Stirge This token has been updated to the Monster Manual image. Handout Corrections Credits Handout A Credits handout is now included in the module.

Edited 1500107363
Couple things. First of all, performance seems to have tanked. Very stuttery, very jumpy now. Also, only got to check out Cragmaw Hideout, what's the deal with monsters having sight lines now? That would get very confusing as a DM with their sight lines and player sight lines. EDIT: ah, I see my second point was addressed. What was the reasoning behind adding it, though? I imagine it's the reason behind my computer getting bogged down. EDIT 2: just went through Cragmaw Hideout fixing this for myself, and there's some strange line of sight source in the wolves area that I cannot for the life of me figure out. this whole thing seems like a mess.

Edited 1500124235
performance is beyond awful now EDIT - just on the wave echo cave map.  all others, including TotYP add ons, seem perfectly speedy
In general giving NPC's sight is pointless and causes lag. If a DM really wants it they can add it, but there is no reason to make everyone suffer with slow performance. 

Edited 1500127203
Ed S. said: In general giving NPC's sight is pointless and causes lag. If a DM really wants it they can add it, but there is no reason to make everyone suffer with slow performance.  This is why I had to write an api script to remove all that crap from npc tokens when adding them to the map or selecting them all and running the command.  on("chat:message", function(msg) { if (msg.type !== "api") return; var Command = msg.content.split(" ")[0]; if (Command === "!fix-tokens") { var Option = msg.content.split(" ")[1] || "NPC"; if (msg.selected === undefined) return; _.each(msg.selected, function(a) { var Token = getObj("graphic", a["_id"]); if (Token !== undefined) { // Light & Vision Settings Token.set("light_radius", ""); Token.set("light_dimradius", ""); Token.set("light_otherplayers", false); Token.set("light_hassight", false); } }); } });
Ed S. said: In general giving NPC's sight is pointless and causes lag. If a DM really wants it they can add it, but there is no reason to make everyone suffer with slow performance.  It's incredibly pointless, I agree very much. It's creating a huge hassle for me.
Braden P. said: Ed S. said: In general giving NPC's sight is pointless and causes lag. If a DM really wants it they can add it, but there is no reason to make everyone suffer with slow performance.  It's incredibly pointless, I agree very much. It's creating a huge hassle for me. The script I wrote above will help ease that problem with a little fuss.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hello folks! I wanted to step in and address the issues regarding the LMoP patch. For Roll20 Module production, we have an internal goal of doing the work so our GM's don't have to. We started with interlinking handouts, making custom tokens, and dynamic lighting. We also want to respond to feedback, which led us to start editing maps to remove or adjust trap graphics, secret floors and other assets to make sure players are truly surprised by dungeon features. One of these pieces of feedback we have received has been that &nbsp;it would be a benefit to have module tokens outfitted with "Has Sight" as a default. If it helps our GM's, we want to make it part of our production process. If a GM feels the "Has Sight" mechanic is slowing down their game, it's easy to reverse for tokens currently on the maps - <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Token_" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Token_</a>... The tokens attached to NPC characters will still have it on their tokens when dragged out, but this should help with any performance issues due to quantity of tokens. Another performance issue may be due to the complexity of Dynamic Lighting on some of the maps in Lost Mine. Right angle rooms are very easy to light with fewer segments some of the maps have quite a few unorthodox shapes. Thank you all for your feedback as we all learn what helps Roll20 GM's best, we really appreciate it!
Mel said: If a GM feels the "Has Sight" mechanic is slowing down their game, it's easy to reverse for tokens currently on the maps - <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Token_" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Token_</a>... The tokens attached to NPC characters will still have it on their tokens when dragged out, but this should help with any performance issues due to quantity of tokens. Not sure I'm following. On my Settings page, Has Sight is definitely turned off already, so I'm not sure how this is going to reverse it for all the tokens on the maps already. Unless I'm missing an entirely different settings page, anyway.
Kavini
Roll20 Production Team
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Braden P. said: Not sure I'm following. On my Settings page, Has Sight is definitely turned off already, so I'm not sure how this is going to reverse it for all the tokens on the maps already. Unless I'm missing an entirely different settings page, anyway. Braden, you can apply the defaults to existing content in game via the following process:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Applyin" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Applyin</a>... Be sure to heed the warnings in that section of the Wiki, however. :)

Edited 1500459993
Nic B. said: Braden P. said: Not sure I'm following. On my Settings page, Has Sight is definitely turned off already, so I'm not sure how this is going to reverse it for all the tokens on the maps already. Unless I'm missing an entirely different settings page, anyway. Braden, you can apply the defaults to existing content in game via the following process:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Applyin" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Applyin</a>... Be sure to heed the warnings in that section of the Wiki, however. :) Okay, that's useful enough. However, there's still a huge issue occurring in my game, and that would be these phantom sight lines on all my maps. They are going to heavily interfere with my ability to discern between what players can see and cannot see. There are no tokens that should be giving off sight lines, but it just seems like they're glitched into each map. Really, really disappointed with the quality of this "patch". EDIT: I want to make it perfectly clear what is happening here:&nbsp; <a href="https://puu.sh/wNuLK/3d360b48c3.png" rel="nofollow">https://puu.sh/wNuLK/3d360b48c3.png</a> In this image, there should be no weird light source coming from no where. Light is not on any token, sight is not on any token. Any way to get rid of this? There's a ton of them on other maps as well and I don't want fake lines overlapping with real ones.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Braden - I'm looking into this, I tried to recreate and had the same issue you're experiencing.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Braden - I believe I found the issue - It looks like the area 3 token on the GM layer is emitting light. It would follow that on the other maps you're seeing the same issue, hence the weird lighting. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I'm on it!&nbsp;
Mel said: Braden - I believe I found the issue - It looks like the area 3 token on the GM layer is emitting light. It would follow that on the other maps you're seeing the same issue, hence the weird lighting. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I'm on it!&nbsp; I kind of thought the same thing too. I had checked the settings for it and ensured that light was turned off, but it persisted. Hope it's something you guys can work out on your end, and I'm glad you were able to recreate it!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Happy patch day! A full list of patch notes can be found in your modules, but here's a rundown of what's changed: Lost Mines &nbsp; Tokens: Removed "Has Sight" from tokens. Characters with darkvision still exude light (which the GM can see), but they will need to have "Has Sight" checked manually. Map tokens on GM layer should no longer exude light. The maps may still look overlit due to creatures w/darkvision, but players will experience them normally. Zombies in Thundertree have been replaced with Ash Zombies. This may effect games where those previous zombie tokens have moved. Please check your game for zombie locations. I hope this clears up the performance issues that folks have been having with this module. Thank you all so much for your feedback! Your discussions here have affected how we deal with production internally going forward to bring the best experience we can to you all. As always, please let me know if you have any issues and I'll be on them next patch!

Edited 1502562124
The 1.2 Patch doesn't do what it says it does. All tokens are still marked as "Has Sight" (which I think they should be; why wouldn't they?) But the Patch Notes 1.2 say that it 'Removed "Has Sight" from tokens') and some are apparently carrying torches (they Emit light, and all players see it). Furthermore, it seems that the radii of "Emits Light" is different between the tokens on the landing page, and the tokens that get dragged onto the map from the character entries. Also, in Thundertree, the description says, "The corpses of two giant spiders are sprawled near the edge of the pathway." But they're not, on the map. They're some twenty or thirty feet away from the edge of the pathway. A minor quibble, but a valid one, I think. In addition, there are some unofficial Errata that need to be corrected in the adventure. Page 20, under 1. Cellar: The read-aloud text fails to mention the other (visible) door in the room. This door leads to Area 2. Add the following to the end of the read-aloud text: A door flanks the cistern on the northwestern side Page 30, under 2. Blighted Cottages: The “Awarding Experience” section should note that it’s 150 XP, not 50 XP.
Also, the Ash Zombie entry is left stuck at the bottom of the Journal in my upgraded games (but not in a fresh one).
Furthermore, &nbsp;"Cultist" in the Monster Images is spelled "Cultis."
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Calion, can you let me know which tokens have "All Players See Light" checked? That probably should not be there for anything but 1 or 2 of the player tokens on the main page.&nbsp; Thanks for all of this, I'll be checking it out!

Edited 1502768348
Mel said: Calion, can you let me know which tokens have "All Players See Light" checked? That probably should not be there for anything but 1 or 2 of the player tokens on the main page.&nbsp; Thanks for all of this, I'll be checking it out! The folk hero and the Halfling on the main page, and the folk hero, noble, and Halfling from the character sheets. I'm not sure why any &nbsp;of them should be carrying torches by default.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Oh! They're all carrying torches (or a lantern) in their inventory as pregen characters.&nbsp; The noble shouldn't be, that's an error, but we did set up the player characters with light sources to have them on their persons. I'll look into putting a handout into the information section that explains this and how to turn it off.
I can't find any of Lost Mine's assets anywhere in the Art Library. Other assets I purchased from the market show up fine, but Phandelver is nowhere to be seen, even though I chose it as the game module. I hope this is a bug.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Austin! Assets from Modules and Add Ons are not added to the Art Library. If you have access to the Transmogrifier ( <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier</a>) you can easily copy over desired content between games, otherwise you can make a game and delete out what you don't wish to use.&nbsp; Hope that clears things up!
My game is supposedly on 1.2 though the 'patch notes' handout is blank.&nbsp; Also, my Dopples don't have roll tables nor is there a hand out about them.&nbsp; I double checked the roll table section and only the PC one is there.&nbsp; Am I missing something?&nbsp; Is there a way to force an update?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I would suggest making a new game of Lost Mine and bringing over your characters and custom entries. I checked out the game and it does look strangely incomplete! For example, the rollable token should be called "Doppleganger", not Dopple, and a majority of the handouts in the game are missing.&nbsp; Let me know if there are further issues with a new version of the module.&nbsp; Thanks! Mel
Mel, I created that roll table trying to learn how to do it.&nbsp; I will see if I can port everything over.&nbsp; Not too familiar with that but we shall see.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Oh I see! Sorry about the misunderstanding - you need to upload more than one image if you'd like it to have more than one face. Here's a link to the wiki about creating rollable tokens :) <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Collections#Creating_a_Rol" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Collections#Creating_a_Rol</a>...

Edited 1506534763
Ok, got it moved over... This is SOOOO much better than what I had.&nbsp; I still need to add a few things manually but thank you!!! It all appears correct now.&nbsp; Thank you tons for your help.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Awesome, I'm so happy to hear that! :D
Curious why the ash zombies tokens are smaller than everything else?&nbsp; When you drop them on the map, they are half the size of medium sized creatures.&nbsp; I have resized one and set it as the new default token and that didn't help... I have finished with what I needed to do, but this was very frustrating :) just curious.&nbsp; THANKS!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Joshua - That is probably because I set the token size in the 10ft map where they appear, whoops! That'll be fixed in the next patch :)
Hey no worries! The last patch was super awesome... You guys do a great job... Just hoping for PotA... wink wink... nudge nudge
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
You and me both! I want that full WOTC back catalog out for Roll20 &gt;:D
I have a feeling that when I am done setting up PotA myself (my players are going from.LMoP to PotA) it will get released lol
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
We have a new patch for Lost Mine! Note: Patching may take more time than usual, potentially several minutes. Lost Mine of Phandelver Patch 1.3 Handouts: Added individual handouts (with art, when available) for each magical item presented in this adventure. Updated art for monster images handouts. Minor spelling errors corrected in monster image handout titles. Dynamic Lighting: Wave Echo Cave dynamic lighting updated for compatibility with Advanced Fog of War. Bestiary & NPCs: Evil Mage, Flameskull, Nezznar the Black Spider, Glasstaff and Reidoth the Druid updated to make use of the new spellcasting features of the OGL character sheet. Ash Zombies have been correctly linked in the Ruins of Thundertree Handout Klarg now links to Bugbear instead of nothing Bugbears now links to the character sheet instead of handout

Edited 1511324816
Couple things I'm wondering here, starting with the lighting in Cragmaw Hideout. I'm not sure where the static source of light in Area 3 is coming from. Moving the wolves around doesn't change any of it. I also have no ideas what's going on outside of the cave and to the left. It's almost as if some weird beam of light is coming from inside the cave in Area 3. Token sizes on other maps seem to be weird as well. Bugbears seem awfully small in Wave Echo Cave, but maybe I'm wrong about that. All I remember is that before all this patching stuff started, the maps and line of sight worked perfectly. It's disheartening to see issues like the lighting one above persisting. EDIT: Just noticed this gem pertaining to Advanced Fog of War. The player character seems to have advanced knowledge of the cave beforehand: The token has NOT gone to these areas. This issue is also in the Wave Echo Cave map. Multiple areas are revealed before they go anywhere near them.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Braden: I totally see why this is confusing, I can explain! The Goblins and Bugbears both have Darkvision. The way darkvision is done in Roll20 is to give the token a light radius that only it can see.&nbsp; For more information, here's the settings from the Wiki -&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting_Examples#" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting_Examples#</a>... Advanced Fog of War is user specific &nbsp;and revealed by light. You are the GM, and thus all the tokens with darkvision are revealing AFoW squares for you. A player in your game, without access to those tokens, will still see the correct map.&nbsp; If you join back into the game as a player, you should see the black fog as they do.&nbsp; Let me know if any of that is still unclear! I know from your side it looks like everything is revealed, but it should be working correctly for your players.&nbsp; Cheers!
Trivia said: Braden: I totally see why this is confusing, I can explain! The Goblins and Bugbears both have Darkvision. The way darkvision is done in Roll20 is to give the token a light radius that only it can see.&nbsp; For more information, here's the settings from the Wiki -&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting_Examples#" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting_Examples#</a>... Advanced Fog of War is user specific &nbsp;and revealed by light. You are the GM, and thus all the tokens with darkvision are revealing AFoW squares for you. A player in your game, without access to those tokens, will still see the correct map.&nbsp; If you join back into the game as a player, you should see the black fog as they do.&nbsp; Let me know if any of that is still unclear! I know from your side it looks like everything is revealed, but it should be working correctly for your players.&nbsp; Cheers! That second picture is from the perspective of a player, not GM. I had used the "Re-join as Player" function to test the feature and get that screenshot.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Braden - The Advanced Fog of War is attacked to your user ID, so even joining as a player will not show you what the players see regarding that feature. That screenshot does show that the light from the first screenshot is only seen by the DM however. Your players will not see the map as you've screenshotted, that's only your account :)
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Top Tip: I have a second 'testing' account that I log in with to test things like this... set it up as a normal player and give it access to the token and you'll see as intended.
I have just purchased LMoP and there is no map for the "Goblin Arrows" part. I know it is stated in the handout that there is no map, but my question - why is not "Road to Phandalin" Map used? I am pretty certain it does exist.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Blacktooth -&nbsp; The maps in Lost Mine of Phandelver for Roll20 are the same as provided for the print version. If there is a "Road to Phandalin" map, it was either created for a different module (or something like Dragon magazine) or by another artist.&nbsp; Our modules only contain licensed content from that module, unless we are given permission by WOTC to use other content.&nbsp; Hope that answers your question! :)&nbsp;
For anyone who is curious the bug of the light from nowhere in cragmaw hideout is because the map itself is set to emit light! Not visible to players but still probably a bug and not intended as it makes the light source very confusing.&nbsp; As a side note, is it possible to delete the background map and add it back in.&nbsp; I can't seem to find any files that can be drag and dropped.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Matt: I'll look into that when I do my next round of bug fixing...that's so weird!
The wolf token isn't stated properly the token bubbles where the HP and AC information is stored is missing. It should read 11HP and 13AC.