Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Shadow of the Demon Lord] Some upgrades to the sheet

Edited 1508968676
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've decided to go ahead and develop some upgrades for the Shadow of the Demon Lord sheet, which really isn't so functional at the moment. It's not quite ready for release yet, but I'd be happy about feedback and bug reports (in particular, I'd like to see if the import of existing characters works alright, since I've changed quite a few things around). If any of the original authors sees this and dislikes it for some reason, please go ahead and tell me. Changes General cleanup of sheet CSS and layout improvements Ammo repeating section added next to weapons Afflictions (with mouse-over description) added to main page Attributes renamed to more sensible standards Added sheet workers to calculate derived values where it makes sense Equipment moved to talent page, with a repeating section, total counter for carried items, and dedicated space for coins Talent page redesigned with display mode for more readability Spell page redesigned: more fields added to fit those present in the book; to make the spell page more usable, a display mode was added that makes spells more compact and a lot more readable, without edit capability Roll templates added for all rolls on the sheet Added translation capabilities to the sheet (except for the static text on the background of the first page) Testing If you want to have a look, go join the  test campaign . Character Vault import is enabled, for any existing characters.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Great and much needed job. The spell section is really nifty. Thanks !
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Natha said: Great and much needed job. The spell section is really nifty. Thanks ! Thanks! It's inspired by the way the 5E Shaped sheet does spells.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
After getting many helpful comments on Google+ and making further changes, I've submitted a pull request and the sheet should go live with Roll20's next update cycle from Github.
Hello, new to the game and love the sheet. Does the attack macro on the sheet work correctly? it asks for boon-bane...but even if it is 0 it seems to still roll a die? maybe i dont grasp the game mechanic enough, but when hovering over the template i can't understand what it is rolling.

Edited 1510733065
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's several places a boon or bane could be coming from, such as the static boons or banes in the global bonuses (cog in the top right), some afflictions, or the static bonuses on the weapon. But if both of these are 0 (that's the default) and you enter 0 dice in the query, it should not roll any dice for boons and banes - the roll on the template should say something like "Rolling 1d20 + (+1) + 0d6k1[boons/banes]", which means it's rolling 0 dice for boons and banes.
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Jakob, can you list the info needed to use the sheet template outside of the sheet? I want to make some token macros that pull results off of tables that show up as token macros (instead of everyone adding it as a 'talent' on the sheet).  This is an example of what I am looking for based on the PF sheet: &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name}} {{character_id}} {{name}} {{name_link}} {{attack}} {{crit_confirm}} {{damage}} {{crit_damage}} {{attack2}} {{crit_confirm2}} {{damage2}} {{crit_damage2}} {{description}}
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sure. The template name is &{template:sotdl}. All the self-explanatory properties are: title, subtitle, name, description, triggered, roll20plus, permanence, aftereffect, special The following four only show up if you also supply {{spell=1}}: requirement, target, area, duration This one is special, it will hide everything else if it is used: sacrifice For attack/challenge rolls: use {{showroll=1}} to show this part, for the number of boons use boons  (should contain an inline roll whose value is the number of boons), and the actual roll is roll . The word before the roll is roll-label . And after the vs comes versus . Use {{damage=1}} to show damageroll  (which contains the actual damage inline roll).  damageplus  is used for extra effects on attacks for monster rolls. That should be all of them, I think.

Edited 1511740449
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
As always, you're the bomb! 

Edited 1515717952
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
EDIT: Problem solved itself. 
Is anyone else having an issue with the background image not showing up? I've tried loading the sheet both from the Roll20 drop down and adding it as a custom sheet and in both circumstances all of the boxes and everything show up but not the background. The URL is valid in the .css file. Is there an easy fix for this in the code?

Edited 1516955340
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jason S. said: Is anyone else having an issue with the background image not showing up? I've tried loading the sheet both from the Roll20 drop down and adding it as a custom sheet and in both circumstances all of the boxes and everything show up but not the background. The URL is valid in the .css file. Is there an easy fix for this in the code? Try clearing your cache. It shows up fine for me (or perhaps it was a temporary problem with R20's image proxy or Github?).
I did try clearing the cache, but am still having the problem in Firefox (58.0). I just tested in Chrome and it works fine. I'm not sure why Firefox is being difficult. :(
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jason S. said: I did try clearing the cache, but am still having the problem in Firefox (58.0). I just tested in Chrome and it works fine. I'm not sure why Firefox is being difficult. :( I tried it under FF 58.0 and it works fine for me. I'm unable to reproduce the missing background (and nothing has changed recently, so there's no reason why the background would  suddenly go missing), so I cannot do anything to resolve it. Sorry!