Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Art Thread

Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Chiming in with a vote for helmet eleven, as well as the "wish we could donate to the cause without it causing anxiety" faction. :)
Hear, hear!
Oh jeez...
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike, you are doing the one thing I haven't had an artist do literally in years, which is make it through one round of sketches and feedback for a character I play. I cannot overstate how grateful I am for that. It means a lot and I want to properly express that, whether through money or otherwise. So, thank you.
Your welcome Bill.  I am very proud of my stubborn perseverance, and I'm glad that it is working for this. And now some lunchtime Ghost Girl sketches. Compare with  my previous GG .  I felt before I'd felt I'd made her face a bit generically cute and decided to make something a bit more distinct and creepy cute.  Also, I love the half ghost design (inspired by Saga's Izabel, who is also a teenage ghost) though I'd like to do something distinct and incorporate something with how Charlotte died into her design, but I don't know that it has come up. To the right we have three different designs for how she looks when she freaks out: 1. Demonic/Ghostbusters-style ghost 2. Skeletal ghost 3. Disintegrate into dust and fire! 4. (not pictured) Rewatch Beetlejuice and the Nightmare Before Christmas and make some Tim Burton-style horror. A quick to-do list for the third iteration (I think I need to add this for everyone.  Harry hasn't gotten a lot of love, sadly.): Finalize the scare look.  Going to need some feedback for that. Add at least one more affectation of the modern world. Are sunglasses too much?  I feel sunglasses would be too much.  I think I need someone to fit that big sister aesthetic she's got going on.  Add a coat?  Hmm... Add a bit of personality to the pose. I sort of want to do something where she's chatting with someone with a coffee cup in hand from... what was the name of the coffee shop?  I remember it being a pun. To the previous bullet point, add PowerPony.   This was the image that was picked out for her, right?  Shouldn't be hard stylizing that look.

Edited 1507603642
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
The coffee shop was "Bump & Grind" -- but I love "Hungry Ghost".
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
As for scary faces...&nbsp;<a href="https://i.imgur.com/UWZUB93.gif" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/UWZUB93.gif</a>
Bill G. said: As for scary faces...&nbsp; <a href="https://i.imgur.com/UWZUB93.gif" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/UWZUB93.gif</a> *snort*&nbsp; Yes.&nbsp; I must do a version of Ghost Girl that vomits rainbows, yes.&nbsp; Oh Karina, I get linked her comics all the time but never go through reading all of them, which is a shame because she's got some really kickass art. Anyway, some post dinner doodles that got away from me.&nbsp; More Link as I play around with that helmet design. So first, much more detailed Leo this time around.&nbsp; Trying to figure out what anime hair would look like semi-realistic is a futile effort, by the way.&nbsp; I have way too many friends that cosplay and watching them shape and contort wigs is sorcery, I swear.&nbsp; Anyway, on to helmets. While drawing this out, I suddenly realized that this sort of resembled the helmets from Gatchaman and quickly resolved to not make the visor look too bird-like... to middling results.&nbsp; I really wanted to still try to incorporate Bill's wing idea, but it just looked weird.&nbsp; While I did not include it, one of the sketches ended up looking like Immortan Joe wearing sunglasses and I decided that I did not want to go that shiny and chrome.&nbsp; In the end, I decided to try stylizing it out into some antennas which I think works a little bit.&nbsp; The overall shape and style, however, totally looks like something that could come out of a tokusatsu show (throw some antenna on there and he'd be a fine Big Bad Beetleborg). I feel like there's probably one more revision in here (still seems like it's missing something), I like the current end result.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1507606204
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Looks good. "Leo, why does your hair do that anyway?" "It all has to do with static buildup. The graphene batteries are pretty well insulated everywhere except in the helmet, because of all the leads to the sensors. It builds up a charge on my scalp. I deal with it by pretreating with La Apretadora, then condition, add some Baba de Caracol, and moisturize with Chocolacio Leave In. Vitamin E oil seal-in is the last step. The static makes my hair poofy and feathery, but it's better than my head feeling itchy all the time through the helmet."
I really like the lace collar and the idea of a coffee mug for a modern affectation. Maybe the occasional lace parasol to keep it period. For the scary face, I like the unhinged jaw look from the banshee scream image.&nbsp; Here is a new image I found. It is actually a wall decal.
Had some ideas on Otto, so I figured I'd sketch out some of my ideas. So the left is Otto in robot form.&nbsp; Very Transformer-y.&nbsp; Took a lot of reference from the movie Transformers (and I think the Segway-style wheel feet is also inspired from one of those characters but I couldn't find which one).&nbsp; Didn't know how I wanted to do the head so I threw together a couple of options (along with all of the previous helmet designs for Link). On the right, we've got combined Otto and Link (perhaps a Linked Otto?).&nbsp; I have a fun little transformation sequence in mind for this.&nbsp; Figured this was the toughest of the combinations, so I made it much more squat and bulky than Otto's normal got-to-go-far form, but also less nimble (those fists are made for punching and grappling, not being gentle).&nbsp; Equal parts the Big O (of course) and the Atlas mechs from Mass Effect here.&nbsp; As for purpose for the tires on the wrists?&nbsp; Oddly enough,&nbsp; Power Rangers inspired a fairly devastating attack (it's essentially just having a belt sander held onto you).
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Otto can be configured for a rocket punch, of course. He has jets and Leo's skyhooks drag the arm back into place.
Time for that Mercury love.&nbsp; A more details design for the face (nothing says teenager quite like patchy, wispy whiskers) and three possible designs for under the jacket.&nbsp; I don't really like any of them, but I do need to fish for ideas here.&nbsp;&nbsp;I don't know if it is really that important though with it mostly hidden under the jacket.&nbsp; I'll likely do a second pass over the weekend (if any input I get before then). As for the symbol, I started playing around with a lot of designs but I think a more boxy design like the middle one below will look best on the jacket chest.&nbsp; I like there being a bit of a story behind the symbol.&nbsp; &nbsp;I need to check Kathrine's backstory again to make sure my details are right, but I know that Harry's (at least) a third generation superhero.&nbsp; Don't know if any of his aunts and uncles are also superheroes (other than non-relative Uncle Chase), as they would make up the pips on the wings.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
It makes me wonder if this costume is a fusion of Streak and Tempest's colors and symbols and so on. I can imagine it being a birthday present or other type of gift.
Bill G. said: It makes me wonder if this costume is a fusion of Streak and Tempest's colors and symbols and so on. I can imagine it being a birthday present or other type of gift. Now I'm imagining his various super-speeding relatives giving him new costumes for his birthday and Christmas while he's growing up, each of them modeled on their own individual design, color choices, logo preferences, etc. And since they're all that Unstable Molecules stuff, they all fit for far too long so he doesn't have an excuse to get rid of them.&nbsp;And if he's going on a mission with his uncle Tom Swifty, he has to frantically dig out the costume that his uncle gave him two years ago. And ...
Asked a funny question: "Why does Otto need a humanoid body shape?&nbsp; What if it was more tauric in his transformed state?"&nbsp; Decided to sketch it out to see how it looked. Think I could refine it more into a better (simpler) shape, but wanted to see what others thought.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike said: Asked a funny question: "Why does Otto need a humanoid body shape?&nbsp; What if it was more tauric in his transformed state?"&nbsp; I can actually answer that!&nbsp;Otto walks and moves like a humanoid because he's been doing it all his life. Even when he becomes a car, there's an adaption that takes place. Otto is his own personality and person, but when he was growing up, he learned to walk with Leo's legs, to talk with Leo's vocal cords, to coordinate with Leo's body. His own memories are like that of a nameless playmate and best friend, growing up with Leo. When Leo installed him in the first car chassis, it was like being locked into a motionless body that felt like nothing he'd had before. Leo had to furiously write software that adapted Otto's brain, and his humanoid reflexes, to the car's natural form. The result was like a kid sitting in the fastest, most maneuverable wheelchair in the world. The adaption has become infinitely better since then. Otto got a total physical rebuild, the software improved, and now he could be configured like that. The question is what would motivate the pair to do it? If Otto needed the speed and mobility of wheels, but still needed arms and hands at the same time, it'd be an obvious choice. The "GERWALK" mode of the Macross Valkyrie is basically this sort of compromise, but it gave Valks a VTOL mode that they lacked before - a true new capability, rather than just a blend of existing modes. If Otto were ever actually armed (and that's a hard sell for Leo anyway), that form, or something like it, could make for a Tachikoma-style tank body, with wheeled legs.
Okay, makes sense.&nbsp; I actually like getting story answers like that because art should help tell the story, not be completely out of left field.&nbsp; Baymax from Big Hero 6 looks like something that should be comforting and friendly because that's what he's designed to do.&nbsp; Likewise for Otto, he should look like what he's designed to be, which is a person (if an artificially created one).&nbsp; That'll help with my design work. Speaking of design work, I guess it is time to unveil my ultimate... product?&nbsp; Outcome?&nbsp; The thing I'm going to use all these designs to create. I love the image of the Masks iconic heroes ( as viewable on the Masks G+ group ) so I wanted to make something similar, but not the exact same sort of image.&nbsp; I really think a missed opportunity in that image is to use the back panels to not just show a different image of the hero, but to show their loved ones/secondary characters.&nbsp; I know it's probably just conservation of design, but I figured if I was going to make something similar I'd might as well make the most of the opportunity. It also helps make some interesting design choices.&nbsp; I could almost see Mercury's backpanel being a Gale family promotional image and with his pose it feels like that legacy is bearing down on him.&nbsp; Similarly, we've got everyone important in Jason's backstory (minus Hannah and Barbara, but I feel like those two are the "always talked about but never seen" characters) in his, but they're portrayed in such a way that you can tell that Byron, Rusty, and Achilles are no longer in the picture.&nbsp; Or the Amari's family photo (which I imagine Adam just wasn't around for). The only one I don't have a good feeling on this for is Ghost Girl.&nbsp; I could just use some of her friends from the images Margie put together, but I don't feel like any of them have been important to the story except for Power Pony.&nbsp; I thought about adding Ghostheart, but I don't know if he's left a big impact.&nbsp; Then again, this could just be me not having a good feel for that side of the story and I missed something.&nbsp; Might need to go through the recaps again and refresh my memory, I could just be forgetting someone important.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike said: The only one I don't have a good feeling on this for is Ghost Girl.&nbsp; I could just use some of her friends from the images Margie put together, but I don't feel like any of them have been important to the story except for Power Pony.&nbsp; I thought about adding Ghostheart, but I don't know if he's left a big impact.&nbsp; Then again, this could just be me not having a good feel for that side of the story and I missed something.&nbsp; Might need to go through the recaps again and refresh my memory, I could just be forgetting someone important. I dunno what Margie has in mind, but for Ghost Girl, it feels to me like one living and one dead acquaintance - with GG literally and metaphorically in the middle, bridging the two - is as good a symbol for her as a character as anything else.
Bill G. said: I dunno what Margie has in mind, but for Ghost Girl, it feels to me like one living and one dead acquaintance - with GG literally and metaphorically in the middle, bridging the two - is as good a symbol for her as a character as anything else. Oh, I like that one.&nbsp; &nbsp;And I've got an idea in mind for it already.&nbsp;
I will give the Ghostess with the Mostess a nudge at this thread to get her feedback. I do know that she has documented quite a number of acquaintances, living and dead, that can serve as artistic fodder. I love the idea of PowerPony being in there (since she's a secondary character for a number of us). Maybe rather than just two characters, a melange of both the living and the dead, of all shapes, sizes, and spectral aspects, would be doable.
I like the idea of PP since everyone is so taken by her. The other side my take iconagraphy from the graveyard, like her gravestone. I worry that it will take some effort to make sure the dead friend looks dead but not creepy.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Now I'm picturing a Caspar-esque "white sheet" type ghost forming out of the steam from a coffee mug.
As for my &nbsp;feedback, I think this is awesome. The background cast for each character seriously pulls out what Masks is all about -- teens trying to create themselves as adults through interactions with others. The power-slinging is secondary. For Jason, the four background head selections are perfect (the only other one I could think of at this point is Amir, but we haven't really brought him into the game (as of yet)); I agree that Barbara and Hannah don't fit here (so far as we know) as important characters (Rusty's importance, to date, has been more background assumption than anything else. I need to write up a flashback for that.). Assuming you're thinking a cross between the " Bohemian Rhapsody " single cover and (in alignment) " Hot Space " (hopefully not a " News of the World ," though that's appropriately comic-booky, or at least&nbsp; pulp ).&nbsp;Having the first three in more death mask (or just eyes closed) / shadowed, but Alycia giving me the eye (accusingly? angrily? uncertainly? yes!) is nice. Part of me thinks Alycia should be upper right; I understand wanting to juxtapose Byron and Achilles across the top, but Alycia being on the bottom row seems to underplay her.&nbsp; (Alternately, as I've written the above, maybe go for the BR album cover "diamond" -- Alycia at the top, Byron and Achilles viewer left and right, Rusty (if there's space to fit him) bottom.) You may already be there, but I see Jason in&nbsp; slightly slouchy (teenager!) post, hands either in front pockets, hitched there, maybe on his waist, but not the proud Super-Guy pose. It would be interesting if the black of his shirt / nanobots somehow created the shadows in which the four heads floated, but that might make things more complex than they need to be. In the legend at the bottom, I'd recommend having the initial (left-hand) "A" be either lower case (if the font supports it) or superscripted, so that it's not " A Masks: A New Generation Game" which didn't parse well when I first looked at it. Alternately, if there's some way to shift the color between "A ... Game" and "Masks: A New Generation," that might help (or italics/oblique type, or underling, or something). Does that make sense? Okay, that's enough unsolicited advice. Again triffic stuff here, eager to see it develop.
Bill G. said: Now I'm picturing a Caspar-esque "white sheet" type ghost forming out of the steam from a coffee mug. There will certainly be GG t-shirts showing up in Halcyon with that motif. Hmmmm ... maybe she &nbsp;needs a cartoon series. Charlotte, the Coffee Ghost! The Coffeeist Ghost you know! For a treat or trick, She'll catch villains quick, But she likes her brew dripped slow! She always says, "Ah'm charmed," 'Cause it's so polite to greet ya, By bullets she's not harmed, She's a java-jivin' creature feature. Grown-ups don't understand Why teens all love her the most, 'Cause she hangs around Where brew's fresh-ground, Charlotte the Coffee Ghost!
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
She puts the hostess in ghostess.
Bill G. said: I dunno what Margie has in mind, but for Ghost Girl, it feels to me like one living and one dead acquaintance - with GG literally and metaphorically in the middle, bridging the two - is as good a symbol for her as a character as anything else. I really liked that idea, so I drew out a rough to see how it'd work.&nbsp; I'm going to need to play with the shape, duality, seperation and the color values (basically everything, but I didn't expect much out of "see what you come up with in fifteen minutes"), but I still like it.&nbsp; BTW, I have no idea who the guy on the bottom is, I just was using him as a stand in for a ghostly figure.&nbsp; My second thought is to have a ghostly/lively procession following behind the main figures, but we'll have to see how that'll look with the narrow size constraints. Margie K. said: I like the idea of PP since everyone is so taken by her. The other side my take iconagraphy from the graveyard, like her gravestone. I worry that it will take some effort to make sure the dead friend looks dead but not creepy I could try an object instead of a person as the main figure on the bottom... I'm going to want to play around with that idea too.&nbsp; Ugh, I really need to tear through all of your image threads again for ideas. *** Dave H. said: For Jason, the four background head selections are perfect (the only other one I could think of at this point is Amir, but we haven't really brought him into the game (as of yet)); I agree that Barbara and Hannah don't fit here (so far as we know) as important characters (Rusty's importance, to date, has been more background assumption than anything else. I need to write up a flashback for that.). Assuming you're thinking a cross between the " Bohemian Rhapsody " single cover and (in alignment) " Hot Space " (hopefully not a " News of the World ," though that's appropriately comic-booky, or at least&nbsp; pulp ).&nbsp;Having the first three in more death mask (or just eyes closed) / shadowed, but Alycia giving me the eye (accusingly? angrily? uncertainly? yes!) is nice. Part of me thinks Alycia should be upper right; I understand wanting to juxtapose Byron and Achilles across the top, but Alycia being on the bottom row seems to underplay her.&nbsp; (Alternately, as I've written the above, maybe go for the BR album cover "diamond" -- Alycia at the top, Byron and Achilles viewer left and right, Rusty (if there's space to fit him) bottom.) I really like the BR diamond, but there's a small issue... Jason's body is going to block someone.&nbsp; It's kind of an issue with everyone that I'm going to try and work around.&nbsp; My initial thought is have the diamond be Alycia on top, Rusty and Byron in the middle, and Dr. Chin on the bottom, and then position Jason's pose so it mostly obscures Rusty, but it isn't going to be a perfect solution since he'll also obscure the Chins.&nbsp; I think I'm just going to need to do some tests and see how they come out.&nbsp; The back panels are definitely not supposed to be the focus, so I guess I shouldn't worry about them too much.&nbsp; More to come on that front. *** Dave H. said: In the legend at the bottom, I'd recommend having the initial (left-hand) "A" be either lower case (if the font supports it) or superscripted, so that it's not " A Masks: A New Generation Game" which didn't parse well when I first looked at it. Alternately, if there's some way to shift the color between "A ... Game" and "Masks: A New Generation," that might help (or italics/oblique type, or underling, or something). Does that make sense? I really didn't like it when I wrote it for all of the reasons you mentioned, but I couldn't think of a good way to deal with it.&nbsp; I'll see if the font I used has an italicized version (I know it doesn't have low-case script).&nbsp; I might just switch to another font that does if I can't think of something better (I'm iffy about trying the color shift.&nbsp; It'll draw the viewer's eye unless it is subtle and that isn't really the intent.) *** Dave H. said: Okay, that's enough unsolicited advice. Again triffic stuff here, eager to see it develop. No, no.&nbsp; Totally solicited.&nbsp; Continue advice as it comes to you.
I'm iffy about trying the color shift. It'll draw the viewer's eye unless it is subtle and that isn't really the intent. Light gray for the intiial "A" and "Game" might work -- the "Masks: A New Generation" will be the same color as the "The Menagerie" above it. I don't think it will draw the user's eye much. On the Queen diamond -- Dad on the top (even if partly obscured, it will be discernable who he is), Dr Chin on the viewer left, Alycia on the viewer right (looking to her right at Jason to draw the focus back), Rusty on the bottom (even if almost entirely obscured, if there's a head here folk will have some idea who it is). I agree that experimentation is important here.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Alycia doesn't have to be secondary just because she's below her father. I also think you have a great opportunity for negative space here. Perspective is 3D, rather than a 2D shape. Byron Quill left, facing right. Dr. Chin right, facing left - top row, furthest away from us. The two parental figures, facing each other in eternal opposition. Below Dr. Chin, partially obscuring him, is Alycia. She's nearer/larger/closer. Her head is facing to match her father's. What would be her counterpart on Byron Quill's side isn't there. Instead, Jason is facing the camera, partially blocking either his father or both parents. He isn't following their path, but making his own. Alycia was facing where he stood, but her eyes and hence attention are chasing him. It doesn't feel like Rusty, Amir, or the assistants have a lot to contribute to the graphic, even if they're individually important in Jason's life?
Bill, you make an interesting point.&nbsp; I might pursue that when I start sketching out the layout. Speaking about layouts, I completely changed the shape of the back panels because I was getting annoyed with the break in the slope that the center panel was causing and didn't want to make it irregularly shaped in comparison to the other panels.&nbsp; And since I was doing that already, I figured I'd rearrange the colors since symmetry.&nbsp; I also played around with the diamond arrangement of Jason's panel because Bill hadn't suggested his idea yet.
I think the diamond shape will work, but I'm happy with whatever -- I'm just jazzed about the whole thing.&nbsp; (Like the new format, too.)
(Hmm. Not sure the gray-plus-italics thing works. Maybe one or the other?)
*** Dave H. said: (Hmm. Not sure the gray-plus-italics thing works. Maybe one or the other?) I agree.&nbsp; I don't really care for the italicized version of the font, so I'll see about just the grey-toned lettering on the next iteration.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Chiming in from Magic Kingdom to say I love the new design for the group shot. Just great great stuff.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike, it's a couple days too late, but somebody did the work of assembling nifty helmets if this is of interest.&nbsp;<a href="https://imgur.com/gallery/6UNsF" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/gallery/6UNsF</a>
Thanks Bill.&nbsp; I totally dig a lot of those helmets, so they're getting saved into the reference pile (how I didn't already had a lot of techy helmets, I'll never know). So, more Ghost Girl stuff.&nbsp; First, a small confession.&nbsp; I hate this picture.&nbsp; The anatomy is all off (That right arm haunts me to no end.&nbsp; Puns.) but I wanted to put together something quickly to show an idea I had so you're getting twenty-ish minutes sketching to get a reasonable facsimile of what I'm hoping to have as the final result of GG's pose in the overall picture. Things I like: The overall look really sells GG's outlook simply: the modern world is amazing and she wants to experience all of it.&nbsp; The little bits of color that don't fit the rest of the overall color palette totally draws the viewer's eyes to her face. Things I don't like: The smoke texture didn't turn out anywhere as good as I'd hoped.&nbsp; I've got a couple of things to try out, but I think that I'm just going to need to draw out the smoke so that it doesn't draw the attention away from the rest of the picture.&nbsp; I'll try not to continue to harp on about the anatomy. I'm not 100% sold on the green eyes. Green has meant spooky, ectoplasmic things ever since I watched Ghostbusters as a child, but I don't know if it fits the rest of the image.&nbsp; The brooch is totally generic and it shows.&nbsp; Maybe I'll replace it with a cameo?&nbsp; I totally don't want to go with a skull brooch.&nbsp; Seems too easy and on the nose.&nbsp; I really need to finalize the rest of GG's outfit. Small side story.&nbsp; You know you have the right friends when you're just off-hand explaining what you're working on and they pipe in with "Oh, you already have reference of that.&nbsp; Take my cosplay pictures from &lt;anime con&gt; and scour those."&nbsp; Sadly, she wasn't cosplaying as a modern-day-loving ghost but it still had enough details of that teenage hipster aesthetic that I was looking for.&nbsp; The pose and the glasses are complete inspired by one of those pictures.
Agree about the smoke / steam (just to get that out of the way) but as much for the transition as anything else; it needs to be an intact dress (I can't imagine Charlotte going about in something in tatters) with the mist coming from beneath, or else the dress itself needs to be solidifying from the mist. I know that we're talking coffee shop here, but I was surprised when it was a to-go cup in her hand. Charlotte seems to me to be a "yes, this is for here, yes, ceramic, please" lady, perhaps with pinky extended. I could be wrong here, though. The steam itself turning into a ghost is cute but both distracts and becomes a weird sort of recursion. I agree about going with a cameo rather than a bright green broach. I'm okay with the green eyes.&nbsp; That said, I love the rest of this -- the gestures, the sense of wonderment, a bit of apprehension, interest in things around her, the color palette, everything. Very cool beans, so to speak. [Note: I am speaking for solely myself, not for the character's player. I'll give her a noodge to take a look at this.]
Agree about the smoke / steam (just to get that out of the way) but as much for the transition as anything else; it needs to be an intact dress (I can't imagine Charlotte going about in something in tatters) with the mist coming from beneath, or else the dress itself needs to be solidifying from the mist. I feel like this was part of my original idea and it's gotten away from me.&nbsp; I think I'm going to give this another pass when I get minute. I know that we're talking coffee shop here, but I was surprised when it was a to-go cup in her hand. Charlotte seems to me to be a "yes, this is for here, yes, ceramic, please" lady, perhaps with pinky extended. I could be wrong here, though. Oh yeah, I imagine that'd be the case 90% of the time, but I figure this is Charlotte out and about and that requires a cardboard cup. The steam itself turning into a ghost is cute but both distracts and becomes a weird sort of recursion. I don't think recursion is that bad.&nbsp; I do agree that my quick sketch does have it in a fairly distracting manner, but I think when I actually draw it out I can make it a lot more subtle. I agree about going with a cameo rather than a bright green broach. I'm okay with the green eyes. I'm going to need to play around with some designs.&nbsp; If you or Margie have any ideas, I'm all ears.&nbsp; Otherwise it's delving into some 19th Century America history sites for ideas.
First - I love the work you have done. The way you describe things from an artists point of view is cool. The bit of color on the anachronistic piece is great. I agree with Dave on the skirt of the dress. Having the skirt made of smoke, tapering off, will give a smoother more refined look.&nbsp; I'm fine with the to-go cup, especially since it is in a neutral color. Almost like drinking coffee is something that she is bringing forward into her current incarnation. (I'm not sure if coffee drinking was common at that time in the South and if women would have consumed it. Maybe it was a hidden vice of hers at the time.) And I think the ghost is a cute addition - sort of like girls dotting their i's with hearts. Cameos would be very common, but may have been reserved for married women. Gold filigree or pearls might fit better. I also like the mirror image of mortal PP and a ghostly friend. If you are looking for symmetry, I would pick&nbsp;Marie Selika Williams (1849 - 1937:&nbsp;American coloratura soprano, she was the first Black artist to perform in the White House in 1878) from my dead friends post.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
<a href="http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/07/25/485227943/if-war-is-hell-then-coffee-has-offered-u-s-soldiers-some-salvation" rel="nofollow">http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/07/25/485227943/if-war-is-hell-then-coffee-has-offered-u-s-soldiers-some-salvation</a>
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
It sounds like coffee was a Northern staple, so Charlotte drinking it at the time might have been iffy or suspicious. If so, that's certainly a reason to love it now: either you can flaunt your secret taste openly at last, or you finally have easy access to the forbidden fruit.
So, I suddenly remembered that I have a character too (actually, I just felt like drawing my own stuff :P). So on the left we have our Concord.&nbsp; Made some subtle changes to my last design based on the image of Sablestar (nothing major, just little bits to make the comparisons more apt).&nbsp; I also remembered that&nbsp; Kirby Krackle was a thing and added a bit into the scarf.&nbsp; Really fits the "sparking" description better now. On the right, we have what I imagine a fully vested agent of the Concordance might look like.&nbsp; I don't think their arms would always been on fire, but I just wanted to visually expand the gulf of power between Adam and another "Concord."&nbsp; The head, however, totally is always on fire like that.&nbsp; I just love the idea of calling them "Match Heads" or something.&nbsp; The lack of the face... yeah, that doesn't look right (just like it should). I like to think of the different bands between the two reflecting rank or something like that.&nbsp; As for the difference in the skin... well, I liked the idea of the Concordance telling a novice Concord something like "Look and see you reflect the stars.&nbsp; In time, you will be the stars."&nbsp; Really just taking that Carl Sagan quote to its most absurd--kind of how&nbsp; the Secret World did , just... different cosmic horror implications really.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike said: The head, however, totally is always on fire like that.&nbsp; I just love the idea of calling them "Match Heads" or something.&nbsp; The lack of the face... yeah, that doesn't look right (just like it should). I like to think of the different bands between the two reflecting rank or something like that. Actually the first thing I thought when I saw the triangular shape on the head was "they have no face, all you see is a symbol denoting their rank and function". The idea being that these people literally are their office, not individuals. That probably came from listening to your comments (and stuff Adam has said) about being a "pet", plus Sablestar's intimations that the Concordance might show up, not to help police worlds, but to organize and run them more efficiently.
It might be once you earn some rank...&nbsp; like once you are at third band, you become a star and begin progressing some other way. But totally agree,&nbsp; they are not kind people .&nbsp; Lawful neutral at best.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm reminded of this guy as well.&nbsp;<a href="https://www.pinterest.com/pin/422001427576028555/" rel="nofollow">https://www.pinterest.com/pin/422001427576028555/</a>
The Kirby Krackles in the scarf make it look like a rainbow foxtail. (That's not necessarily a bad thing, mind you.) The new Thor movie is full of Kirby art homages and references. not least of which is the official logo, with its KKs.
I want to go see that movie really bad.&nbsp; Unfortunately, it'll probably be towards the end of the month before I can make the trek to the theater.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Random guesses for Pneuma's temporary shell. These sit in the window between "boxy soulless robot" and "just WHAT did Dr. Chin build this gynoid for..?" <a href="https://i.pinimg.com/originals/da/3c/ac/da3cacc5f8" rel="nofollow">https://i.pinimg.com/originals/da/3c/ac/da3cacc5f8</a>... <a href="https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images" rel="nofollow">https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images</a>... <a href="https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images" rel="nofollow">https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images</a>... <a href="https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PglU7F1QEAI/U3Ox7wIgFHI" rel="nofollow">https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PglU7F1QEAI/U3Ox7wIgFHI</a>... Fancier, but the general idea:&nbsp; <a href="https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/greenlantern/" rel="nofollow">https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/greenlantern/</a>... A much higher-tech option:&nbsp; <a href="http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_emitter" rel="nofollow">http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_emitter</a> Finally, Jason gets some funny ideas and Leo screams "NO!":&nbsp; <a href="http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/thumb/d/df/Ani" rel="nofollow">http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/thumb/d/df/Ani</a>...
See, Jason was thinking much more randomly/functionally ... more like, "what robots do we have in the warehouse that actually have the RAM and processing power to support Pneuma, regardless of what they look like?" He's not thinking of anything permanent, just more getting her out of the awful sitch she's in right now. <a href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NgHXTTE1Ohc/VHEmjqysKEI/" rel="nofollow">http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NgHXTTE1Ohc/VHEmjqysKEI/</a>... <a href="https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3a/8c/67/3a8c670944" rel="nofollow">https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3a/8c/67/3a8c670944</a>... <a href="https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum" rel="nofollow">https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum</a>... <a href="http://www.rogerevans.tv/jq_robot_walk_big.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.rogerevans.tv/jq_robot_walk_big.jpg</a> <a href="http://kaiju.wdfiles.com/local--files/wiki:ed-209/" rel="nofollow">http://kaiju.wdfiles.com/local--files/wiki:ed-209/</a>... Re&nbsp; <a href="http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_emitter" rel="nofollow">http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_emitter</a> , if Leo want's to scavange holoemitter arrays from the compound, Jason's okay with that. Especially the set in the bathroom, because, yeesh.