Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped] Healer feat macro

Edited 1509313891
Any macro ninjas wanna take a shot at this? I'm thinking the sick version would invoke a pulldown with the PCs names in it and automatically roll the heal by looking up their hit dice. A totally reasonable (and possibly better version) would invoke a text input, I'd enter the number of hit dice, and it would roll the heal based on that. Any ideas? Thanks! As an action. you can spend one use of a healer's kit to tend to a creature and restore 1d6 + 4 hit points to it, plus additional hit points equal to the creature's maximum number of Hit Dice. The creature can't regain hit points from this feat again until it finishes a short or long rest Edit: I meant to post this in Shaped. Whoops!
So without API, you can't automatically apply the heal, but you can grab the HD from a specific character. That specific field is {character|hd_d#|max}. (If a character has 1 d8 out of a max of 2d8 remaining, it will use the value that is the highest possible maximum- 2. If you want to use all d8 remaining only, that would be {character|hd_d8}) Your macro would look something like this: /w [[(1d6+4)+(@{characterNAME|hd_d#|max})]] If you want to have it automatically adjust the HP and/or healer's kits remaining, you'll have to use the API for that. Which, unfortunately, I cannot currently help you with. I do believe I had a script to do something like that, however. It's actually very easy.
Thank you @keiss. Any idea how to do "invoke text input, enter number of HD, submit, roll number of dice + 1d6 + 4, output in chat"?

Edited 1510355252
Yup! What you're wanting is called a roll query. The most basic way to do what you're asking is: [[?{HD to use}+1d4+6]] But that's not very intuitive. A better way would be to nest a query inside of a query, to make it a bit simpler. [[(?{What type of HD to use|d2, ?{Number of HD to use?}d2|d4, ?{Number of HD to use?}d4|d6, ?{Number of HD to use?}d6|d8, ?{Number of HD to use?}d8|d10, ?{Number of HD to use?}d10|d12, ?{Number of HD to use?}d12|d20, ?{Number of HD to use?}d20})+(1d6+4)]] Its possible, as shown, to put a query inside of a query so long as the ending character ( }) is in HTML character form, thus the }. That will ask a person what *kind* of HD they're using and then subsequently ask how many. It will then display that number in chat.

Edited 1510389479
Vanakoji
KS Backer
If you wanted to auto heal that may be more but am I missing something as the healing itself is easy. <a href="https://i.imgur.com/QUnQmjc.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/QUnQmjc.png</a> add in @{target|level} for a PCs number of hit dice for the heal, put @{target|character_name} for who you heal and click on a token. Click the ability, click a PC token, get the heal output as seen in chat, that is how I have always done it as its two clicks and outputs everything for you.
@keiss @vanakoji these are both very helpful suggestions. I will try them and see which we like. Thank you for taking the time to answer.