Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

WEG D6 Sheet Changed?!

So what happened to the Star Wars d6 West End Games character sheet?  I see all my players sheets got fubared by some sort of update/change. So half dozen players not happy and it messed my NPCs etc up too, so I'm not happy. Can we get some warning next time?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Again, I'm sorry I fucked up my update. I posted about it  here and  here , and mentioned it in the  d6 star wars discord chat, tried to reach out the the author and a guy working on a new sheet. but I was too hastly with wanting to update so I didn't doublecheck things enough. My fixes are already submitted to roll20, but they will roll out on next tuesday when the devs usually does their uppdates.
Andreas J. said: ...I didn't doublecheck things enough... I feel you pain and have been there.  If you need some one with a pro account to display your changes, contact me and we can set up a game for testing.
I am a wee bit mad as this has broken all the npcs that I built... Will existing sheets be restored or have I lost all the equipment and weapon info for all my npcs?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
They will be restored but gone is probably gone. I'm sorry.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looking at the code, it's only HTML changes, no destructive sheet worker operations, so i should be restored once the code goes back to functioning.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I changed the names of some repeating skill sections perskills to percskills  or something. And I accidetally made the repeating weapon section nonerepeating.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andreas J. said: I changed the names of some repeating skill sections perskills to percskills  or something. And I accidetally made the repeating weapon section nonerepeating. As long as you change it back with the next release, the data will still be there.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Jakob said: As long as you change it back with the next release, the data will still be there. I hope so.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andreas J. said: Jakob said: As long as you change it back with the next release, the data will still be there. I hope so. Just make sure that you change everything back, including the repeating section name. And you know this, for the future, you really need to test your updates for bugs before you submit them. Take advantage of CPPs offer if you don't want to buy Pro. The weekly update cycle means you really can't afford to introduce serious sheet-breaking bugs.

Edited 1519685001
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I did test them to the extent I could(jsfiddle, checking rolls in a existing game) and I did get a offer I accepted for a test game, but only after the update.   Jakob said: And you know this, for the future, you really need to test your updates for bugs before you submit them. Take advantage of CPPs offer if you don't want to buy Pro. The weekly update cycle means you really can't afford to introduce serious sheet-breaking bugs. Yes, I tested it to the extent I could, did see the fallout of my actions and everyone else have also made it very clear now.  Edit: 2018-02-26: More improvements and changes have been made over the past months, summary can be found  here .