Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Table calling another Table

Hello All!! I was wondering if there is a way to have a table refer to another table. I have a player whose charcter's magic can be unstable at best. I created a table for them so that we know when he has to roll his random spells table. what I would like to do is have this all in one macro or table. ie: Table 1 has only 2 options, Spell works as planned and Wildsurge! then there is a second table which has a list of all the spells he currently has. I would like the second table to be called up when the Wildsurge comes up so that he only has to click a single button for it.
You would need to use the Recursive Tables script by The Aaron.
ahh ok I'll have to locate that. you don't happen to have a link, or is it in the one click install?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Here is the forum post:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4954818/script-u" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4954818/script-u</a>... It's in the repo but not the 1-click.
cool thanks The Aaron! BTW I love using your Power cards API along with a few others!
is there a way to use this with the Power cards? I'm going to have to study the syntax of the Recursive tables so that I understand how it works
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Well, Powercards isn't actually mine, I've just contributed to it on occasion. =D You should be able to do something like this: !rt !power --name|The Test --treasure A|[[[[1d4]]t[treasureA]]] and get recursive expansion of rollable tables output with Powercard Formatting.
ok cool thanks!
hmm I'm not sure this is going to work how I would like it to. here's the Table Item in question: Wildsurge!! Spell converted to [[ 1t[Franken-Rune-Spells] ]]
oh cool!! after realizing my mistake.... (didn't restart the sand box) it works perfectly!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sweet!!
oh power cards... think i found my next learning experience