Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Error when creating new character from API

Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I get the following error in the API logs whenever I'm trying to create a new blank character from the API: ERROR: You cannot set the imgsrc or avatar of an object unless you use an image that is in your Roll20 Library. See the API documentation for more info. The error seems to be harmless since it doesn't actually break the script. The character does get created and any code following that runs through just fine too. I'm not setting the "avatar" property for the new character, so I shouldn't be seeing that error. I'm using the following code to create a new blank character: let character = createObj('character', { controlledby: playerId, inplayerjournals: 'all', name });
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This is a source of confusion for both script writers and users (for the purpose of reporting bugs), since they are seeing an error message that really isn't an error.