Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Need help balancing stats

Edited 1510084658
Hey everyone, I'm new here and I was hoping I could get some help in calculating stats for an RPG I am designing (Hope this is the right forum section). Ive been trying to balance the game's item stats with the character stats, but I've been having some difficulties. First let me explain how I am working it... I have 7 stats in total including HP, Atk, Def, MAt, MDf, Speed, and Skill (effects accuracy and crits). When a character levels up they roll 7 d4 and then assign the numbers they role to their stats based on which stats have priority. For example, if I rolled a 4 and a 3 and attack had priority right above defense, the attack would get a +4 and defense a +3. Next I tried to balance the item stats, but it seems like anyone who has light weight weapons (like daggers) can hardly damage heavily armored units and sometimes even not damage them at all; giving heavy armored users an unbalanced advantage. On the other hand, light armored users take a ton of damage from foes who have high attack and fair damage weapons. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to balance all these aspects? I would defiantly appreciate it!  Thank you! XX
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/gamemasters /r/gamedesign /r/RPGdesign/