Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tyranny of Dragons Official Bug Report Thread

DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing Tyranny of Dragons! Please report any bugs below! Here is a quick FAQ based on past releases: I bought the game. Now what? You can now create a new game and choose either “Hoard of the Dragon Queen” or "The Rise of Tiamat" from the modules on the right hand side of your game creation screen. What Character Sheet should I use? All Wizards of the Coast licensed content on Roll20 uses the Roll20 5th Edition OGL Sheet. When creating a new Roll20 game that you intend to use with Tyranny of Dragons, be sure to select the 5th Edition OGL as your Character Sheet in the Game Setup page for full compatibility. Why does (Monster name) have a text token? If there is no licensed art available for a named NPC or monster, we must make a text token as a placeholder. Users are absolutely free to upload a replacement token if they like to their games, of course! Our licensing agreement only covers what's available in the module itself, along with other WOTC 5E products.

Edited 1509549694
I bought the bundle last night and it shows up in my list of marketplace purchases but does not show in my game addons dropdown..  Other things show fine (Volos, Yawning Portal, etc) edit: Oh it does show up if I try to start a new game.. but I need to import this into an existing Tyranny game where we are halfway through Hoard...
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Kelly - This is a module, it is unable to be added into an existing game. You can Transmogrify anything from your previous game in to this new created game as you are a Pro subscriber.&nbsp; For more information on how to use the Transmogrifier - <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier</a>
Oh I see.. Thanks for the reply. I guess I assumed it would be like Yawning Portal. Since Hoard and Tiamat are two different modules does that mean when we're done with Hoard we have to create a new game for Tiamat and invite everyone to that too, re-create player macros, set token control again etc...?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Yes, you're correct Kelly! As they are two separate module books, they needed to be created as two seperate games :)
That seems like a significant oversight given they're being sold as a package...&nbsp;
Ray S. said: That seems like a significant oversight given they're being sold as a package...&nbsp; Well to be fair, they are also sold separately as well. If you didn't want to run HotDQ, you can run just RoT, without paying for both.
Yeah but no running a single game that has both modules as content, which means making sure you run it linearly and all done with one before you move onto the other. Preferably between sessions... I don't really run them as written, so it's kind of a bummer, but i'll manage.. non Pros without transmogrify might have an issue, though. Especially if you wanted a random encounter map from Hoard into Tiamat... It's polish is all.. I'm greatful the content is offered, but I spend money on these to avoid extra work, and now I have to create new games and transmogrify.. it's less work then adding it all myself, sure, just kind of a bummer I have to now spend time transmogging, getting the folder structure rebuilt, copying macros, and getting my players invited to the new game, tokens setup properly, and having them copy their macros over too.&nbsp; With Forge of Fury we could just hop right in and out. I was very pleased with it all. I'm sure I will be pleased with this product too.. after i put in the work to use it. :)

Edited 1509581423
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Terrelle S. said: Ray S. said: That seems like a significant oversight given they're being sold as a package...&nbsp; Well to be fair, they are also sold separately as well. If you didn't want to run HotDQ, you can run just RoT, without paying for both. Terrelle - Yes exactly! They are designed and meant to be different modules and folks should have the freedom to choose one or the other if they wish :) Additionally, Tales from the Yawning Portal is designed as dungeons that are added into an existing campaign while the other adventure modules are designed to be their own complete story. I understand what you're saying, but this is a different product from Tales From the Yawning Portal. They needed to be separate modules as they are separate licensed products.&nbsp; Hope that clears things up! Mel
Something I noticed about the rollable tables are they are not a true reflection of rolling dice, with rolling in table B or any table for that manner but for example if I roll in DMG I roll a d100, I have more chance of getting potion of greating healing than I do a wand of secrets because of the values inbetween 1-30 for potion and 100 for wand, however on roll20 with the tables its essentially rolling a d35, so it is greatly increasing the odds of getting rarer loot, which I am sure players wont mind but from a fair perspective this is flawed.&nbsp; Feel free to correct me if it doesn't work this way but I can't see any modifiers in place to make it more like DMG rolling a d100.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Purry! Each of the tables has been weighted properly. So while there may only be 35 objects in a table, if you get into each of their details, you will see that they are weighted. A user should be getting a potion of healing more often than a wand of secrets. If you find something different in testing, please let us know! That would be a bug :)
Looks like the (K) Pirate Ship Layout page size is halved.&nbsp; Width is only 15 but should be 30.&nbsp; Didn't realize there was a second map of the inside of the ship until I noticed the thumbnail.
i created the new game but still dont see my new purchased material.:-(&nbsp;&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Matt - We've rescaled a ship map from the DMG for the module, it is not an exact copy. That second ship layout should not be there as there is no inside of the boat. I'll get that fixed in a patch!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Richard - You need to create the game using the module. When you create the game, choose either Hoard of the Dragon Queen or The Rise of Tiamat from the right hand side of the screen.&nbsp;

Edited 1510320933
For HotDQ, Castle Naerytar ground level, area N should have 4x Dragonclaw, not 4x Guard Drake. I would have liked to see more random battlemaps, text from Castle Naerytar in GM layer (such as the scale or title of the map) and the page flipped 90 degrees so that it's correctly aligned with the ground layer, but I can understand why these things weren't feasible. Edit: stellar work in general on this module, given the available material.
So, I am a noob when it comes to macros. But when I click on the roll macro buttons it whispers sweet sweet nothing to me. Do I have to do something prior to clicking the macro? Example: GM:
maybe a token?&nbsp; not sure.. I don't have the game
Terrelle S. said: maybe a token?&nbsp; not sure.. I don't have the game Well, its a random encounter macro. But I did try it with a token. I am still whispering nothing to myself.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Omni K: Can you post a screenshot of the chat? Also the name of the game is this happening in?&nbsp;

Edited 1510460061
I dunno what's going on, but I've refreshed, I've closed & reopened. I've restarted my computer, and the other players are having the same problem. We can't put anything in the chat. Attempting to roll a dice, even a simple /r d20 corrupts the chat & turns it to the screen below. There is no problem at all with my other game. So I know there's a bug, just no clue what it is. The images below, first is upon reentering the game, the second is after entering /r d20. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2677057/a-death-upon-you" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2677057/a-death-upon-you</a>
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Kevin - Can you have the GM/Creator of the game clear the chat cache and let me know if that fixes the issue? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Clearing_the_In-" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Clearing_the_In-</a>... There's two options here, please try the first and if that doesn't work, the nuclear option and let me know if it's persisting

Edited 1510465946
I already did, didn't change anything
Be sure to use the Clear Chat Archive command from the Settings menu outside the tabletop, not the Clear Current Chat Log button within the game.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
If the chat archive has been cleared from the Game Settings menu (nuclear, second option on the wiki link), can I have the game name please?
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2677057/a-death-upon-you" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2677057/a-death-upon-you</a>
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Kevin - it looks like there's 5 folks playing the game, is the issue resolved?
Yup, hopefully it lasts
Just bought the module and am beginning to work through it for some players.&nbsp; I am fairly new to running modules on here and cannot figure the macros out for the life of me.&nbsp; When I click them I get this response.&nbsp; What am I missing?&nbsp; Thanks for any help.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Eric F. Was the 5E OGL chosen as the default when making the game? If so, have you tried the steps listed on the wiki here to clear your cache? -&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a> Let me know if the issue persists after those have been checked :)
I remade the game, making sure to select that option, and it works fine now!&nbsp; Thank you for your help. :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
No problem! Glad it's working :)
I thought I would be able to make use of dynamic lighting for Hoard of the Dragon Queen based on the description of what the module includes. Some maps have fog of war enabled, but none of the tokens have the Emit Light/Has Sight section on the advanced tab. Should I be able to make use of dynamic lighting in the game I created with Hoard even though I'm not a Plus or Pro subscriber? If I should be able to, what can I do to get the tokens to show the Has sight for my characters?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Michael - Dynamic Lighting is only available to Plus and Pro subscribers, but is set up on all modules in advance.&nbsp; No matter what subscription level, all users may use Fog of War. The maps with Fog of War enabled in the module are maps we felt benefited well from the Advanced Fog of War feature, which is available to Plus and Pro subscribers.&nbsp; Let me know if you have any more questions :)
Hello, I've been trying to start up a new campaign. Doing so there is a duplicate map button in the pages section(Which I want to use to make multiple battle maps using the template), but when I click it it just creates a blank map with none of the backgrounds. Is there something I'm missing in the settings that needs to be turned on? Is it a subscriber thing? or is it just a bug? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Keegan: There is currently no "duplicate" option for Pages. This is in the development list, though I am not informed of when it will be coming.&nbsp; However you can copy paste each layer and item to recreate a page. Creating a new page will always create a blank page.&nbsp; Let me know if you have any further questions!
Keegan C. said: Hello, I've been trying to start up a new campaign. Doing so there is a duplicate map button in the pages section(Which I want to use to make multiple battle maps using the template), but when I click it it just creates a blank map with none of the backgrounds. Is there something I'm missing in the settings that needs to be turned on? Is it a subscriber thing? or is it just a bug? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hey Keegan:&nbsp; Grab the&nbsp; True Page Copy API script to make this happen for you. It will enable you to duplicate a page you have

Edited 1512669066
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Terrelle! ETA: Using API scripts or the Transmogrifier is a Pro feature. That is why I gave the Free account version :)
Note that the game's creator needs to have a current Pro subscription to use API scripts (like True Page Copy). Just pointing it out because Keegan C.&nbsp;does not appear to have a Pro subscription at this time. Even then, with a Pro subscription, one would also have access to the Transmogrifier , which can be an easier way to copy pages.
Rabulias said: Note that the game's creator needs to have a current Pro subscription to use API scripts (like True Page Copy). Just pointing it out because Keegan C.&nbsp;does not appear to have a Pro subscription at this time. Even then, with a Pro subscription, one would also have access to the Transmogrifier , which can be an easier way to copy pages. True, but it looked like from their OP that they were looking to dupe a page in the same game. Don't think you can do that with transmogrifier.
Terrelle S. said: True, but it looked like from their OP that they were looking to dupe a page in the same game. Don't think you can do that with transmogrifier. Transmogrify page from Game A to Game B. Rename page in Game B. Transmogrify page from Game B to Game A.

Edited 1513556733
For a minor mistake Tiamat is Lawful Evil. The Chaotic Evil in the book was an error.&nbsp;
Tiamet is LE not CE

Edited 1528144372
Hey everyone! You missed something big on my favorite thing. The Four Armed Troll! Trespin the four armed troll and the four armed troll have the wrong multiattacks. Page 65 of my hardback copy of Horde of the Dragon Queen clearly shows the error in the top left dialog box of the page.&nbsp; Sometimes when a troll loses a limb , it regenerates two limbs to replace the one it lost . This can result in trolls with multiple arms. A four-armed troll uses the troll stat block , except that it is a Challenge Rating 6 monser (2,300 XP) and has the following action instead of the troll’s normal Multiattack action : Multiattack. The troll attacks five times, once with its bite and four times with its claws. If two or more claws hit the same target, the troll rends the target, dealing an extra 2d6 slashing damage. Rend, is a classic troll ability from prior editions. I was very pleased to find it when I ran my first HOTDQ game which i ran in person, not the internet. Since then I have also ran it on Roll20.net prior to it being available as a purchase on the marketplace. I have since repurchased the book through roll20 and find myself really re enjoying it. I am scaling it to be appropriate to my group of level 11 Player characters. I am now pushing about 5000 hours here on roll20.net and would love to get more involved with the website as a whole! If a four armed troll only makes 2 claw attacks then clearly it must be doing the hand jive with the other two claws! Why?&nbsp; Simply because, John Trollvolta.
It looks like there are some inconsistencies with the Dragonwing &nbsp;enemy. Their Fanatical Advantage feature states that they roll an extra 2d6 damage when attacking with advantage. &nbsp; They have two attacks on their sheet:&nbsp; Scimitar &nbsp;& Scimitar (Fanatical Advantage) Having the option to roll the Scimitar WITH the Fanatical Advantage is a great time saver. Though it seems the extra damage in the attack does not match the damage described. 3d6 vs 2d6&nbsp;
In my game the large token for the Assassin is broken. Broken link for the image. The token is fine. I ended up just removing the broken image.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Rawss - The 3d6 is to compensate from not being able to add a 3rd type of damage. So with Fanatical Advantage, a Dragonwing gets the following: 1d6 slashing +2d6 slashing (3d6 slashing total) +1d6 elemental damage. I've adjusted the description in the attack to hopefully clear up any confusion.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
GAME MASTER - What "large token" do you mean?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Patch 1.1 Castle Naerytar Ground Level, Area N - Guard Drakes have been replaced with Dragonclaws. Trepsin and Four-Armed Troll have been updated to include their Rend ability. Dragonwing's Fanatical Attack description has been updated to clear up damage roll confusion.
Hooray! My four armed troll, John Trollvolta, can get back to the hand jive! Thanks Trivia
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for the report! :) Hi Twenty!....Quad-five!