Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Compendium Update 9/26/2017

Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We've pushed out a some major changes to the Compendium, including a new suit of list based views. Please let us know here if you are having any issues with the new functionality.
My Compendium seems to be down. Cant search anything.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ravenknight said: My Compendium seems to be down. Cant search anything. Are you searching from the web or in-app? What OS and Browser are you using. Are there errors in the console log?
There appears to be quite alot of dead end searches, class feature wise at least.
Austin said: There appears to be quite alot of dead end searches, class feature wise at least. Could you clarify what you mean by dead end?  What are you searching for, and what is the expected result?

Edited 1506464273
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Example: "Not Found: Falling We don't currently have a page that matches that name. Try again?" We search in app and have problems finding stuff related to conditions, enviroment or characters, magic items and spells seems to be alright.  It can be related to the colon sign ":" Searching for "Conditions: Poisoned" doesn't work, but searching for "Conditions" do. Edit: "Ability Scores" works "Ability Scores: Ability Checks" doesn't work. Edit2: I forgot, we use Chrome.

Edited 1506464645
Jeff L.
Roll20 Team
Ravenknight said: Example: "Not Found: Falling We don't currently have a page that matches that name. Try again?" We search in app and have problems finding stuff related to conditions, enviroment or characters, magic items and spells seems to be alright.  It can be related to the colon sign ":" Searching for "Conditions: Poisoned" doesn't work, but searching for "Conditions" do. Edit: "Ability Scores" works "Ability Scores: Ability Checks" doesn't work. Okay, I can reproduce that behavior.  While it works on the compendium site, it seems the in-app search has a bug related to searching for sections of a given page.  I'll log this one and we'll get to fixing it.  Thanks! EDIT: It should be fixed now!  Just refresh your page and try searching.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I might be blind, but I don't see the advanced search link anywhere underneath the big pink search button. Not on Chrome, Firefox, nor on Mac or Chromebook. It looks the same as always. What obvious thing am I missing?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
keithcurtis said: I might be blind, but I don't see the advanced search link anywhere underneath the big pink search button. Not on Chrome, Firefox, nor on Mac or Chromebook. It looks the same as always. What obvious thing am I missing? Expect to see this for 5th Edition in the next couple days.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, the thread announcing the updates was entitled: "5e Compendium updates", hence my confusion. :) In fact, I'm having trouble finding any Compendium behavior difference between today and yesterday. I'm not seeing the filtering and sorting features for instance. I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'm just not seeing what you're talking about it the blog post.
Jeff L. said: Ravenknight said: Example: "Not Found: Falling We don't currently have a page that matches that name. Try again?" We search in app and have problems finding stuff related to conditions, enviroment or characters, magic items and spells seems to be alright.  It can be related to the colon sign ":" Searching for "Conditions: Poisoned" doesn't work, but searching for "Conditions" do. Edit: "Ability Scores" works "Ability Scores: Ability Checks" doesn't work. Okay, I can reproduce that behavior.  While it works on the compendium site, it seems the in-app search has a bug related to searching for sections of a given page.  I'll log this one and we'll get to fixing it.  Thanks! EDIT: It should be fixed now!  Just refresh your page and try searching. Seems to be working, Jeff. Thanks.
I don't know if this update is to blame but very recently a few pages have gotten all scrambled. I know the ancient blue dragon & fighter class page are suffering and I haven't checked elsewhere yet. They used to be so neatly organized and easy to read. Now the stats are mixed together and all over the place.

Edited 1507126766
Giger
Pro
API Scripter
Is there any more detailed release notes so i know what i should be testing?  I personally don't see any updates, but again, i'm looking for a needle in a hay stack lol One thing i did notice is that the table CSS seems to be broken, see the before and after shot
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for pointing this out Giger. We're looking into it. Additionally the list views are going live and should be obvious very soon.
Giger said: Is there any more detailed release notes so i know what i should be testing?  I personally don't see any updates, but again, i'm looking for a needle in a hay stack lol One thing i did notice is that the table CSS seems to be broken, see the before and after shot Here's a screenshot of the attributes on the Veteran page As you can see the ability scores are all mixed in with hp, challeng rating, and various other stats; instead of in a neat STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA one after the other format. I don't remember what order all of the other stats were in, but I imagine they are out of place as well. 
I don't know if this is due to the update, but in tonight's game, I had several popout characters open for NPCs, and a player wanted to summon a fire snake. So, I dragged the snake to the map from the compendium, and it overwrote each of the popout characters (including a custom one) with the Fire Snake's stats. Reloading, including getting everyone to leave, and then reloading didn't fix it. Had to delete those characters and drag new ones in from the compendium. A pretty big bug, if it's repeatable.
My entire game was totally a bust that's the second time now come on I had to use to phone's with different apps. I had to refresh every two page's or roll's, then couldn't change one Macro, tHIS NIGHT ANYWAY YESTERDAY I SAT FOR OVER AN HOUR WAITING FOR TWO HANDOUTS! I Have six players per team. twelve people sitting for hour's doing nothing. I ask that this matter be handled please. Thank you for your time
oh if it helps it only seemed to affect the pay-per play players and was limited to roll's and Macro's.

Edited 1508179036
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Bast L. said: I don't know if this is due to the update, but in tonight's game, I had several popout characters open for NPCs, and a player wanted to summon a fire snake. So, I dragged the snake to the map from the compendium, and it overwrote each of the popout characters (including a custom one) with the Fire Snake's stats. Reloading, including getting everyone to leave, and then reloading didn't fix it. Had to delete those characters and drag new ones in from the compendium. A pretty big bug, if it's repeatable. This should be fixed as of this morning. Compendium drops should no longer go through more than one character or affect popped out characters.

Edited 1508437989
Today when I tried to drag and drop spells into 5th Edition OGL character sheets with the compendium enabled for the game in both Chrome and Firefox, it would not allow anything to drag and drop into the sheet. I have cleared my cache and tried both browsers, I do not have windows pop outs enabled, and it shows compendium drop allowed but it wont fill in the section and copy to the character sheet under spells (aka it wont highlight yellow). Any ideas? Thank you. 

Edited 1508526634
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi Wyatt H. On the new 5e OGL sheet, spells dragged onto the Character Sheet create a new entry on the Spells page (they no longer highlight a section of the sheet yellow, nor can they replace an existing spell). After dragging-and-dropped a spell onto the sheet, try minimizing all of the spells on the Spells page, and looking for the newly-added spell. If this fails to help, could you please repost your concerns in the 5e OGL sheet's main thread ? That way, your post will be most visible to the Dev Team. Thank you!
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the Adult Gold/Bronze/Silver dragons are missing their polymorph ability in the compendium.

Edited 1509731475
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Joshua, thanks for letting us know! In the future you can post WOTC specific reports over in the WOTC megathread, but it'll be fixed shortly :) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5392197/wizards-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5392197/wizards-</a>... Edit: Actually those dragons do have the ability, it's listed as change shape !&nbsp;

Edited 1509824353
The ancient ones do, yes, but not the adults: Per MM and SRD, Gold, Bronze, and Silver dragons should have Change Shape as Adults. In the Roll20 Compendium, they do not until Ancient, which should only apply to Copper and Brass metallic dragons.
Upon searching for wizard necromancy spells, I noticed Ray of Sickness wasn't popping up. Clearing the filters and searching for the term "ray" also showed no result of it.&nbsp;
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shyleah P. said: Upon searching for wizard necromancy spells, I noticed Ray of Sickness wasn't popping up. Clearing the filters and searching for the term "ray" also showed no result of it.&nbsp; The 5th Edition SRD Compendium can only contain information (such as race and class options, feats, spells, treasure, monsters, etc.) that is located within WoTC's Systems Reference Document . If WoTC releases more SRD content under an Open Gaming License, you can count on that being added to the Compendium.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Chrono - I am seeing that the Adults do have change shape &nbsp;listed as abilities -&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters:Adult" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters:Adult</a>.. Is there something else I'm missing?
Mel said: Chrono - I am seeing that the Adults do have change shape &nbsp;listed as abilities -&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters:Adult" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters:Adult</a>.. Is there something else I'm missing? I do not see it as well. This is what I see for Traits and actions for the Adult Silver Dragon that you linked
I see the same as the user above screenshotted, cache cleared and refreshed page.

Edited 1510975363
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
If it helps I'll muddy the water and say that I am seeing the change shape ability on the link provided, as in this screenshot. It looks like I am seeing some formatting differences from what Kyle G. posted, so hopefully that helps in troubleshooting?
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
What are the changes? I don't see anything different in the compendium. Thanks!
Loren the GM said: If it helps I'll muddy the water and say that I am seeing the change shape ability on the link provided, as in this screenshot. It looks like I am seeing some formatting differences from what Kyle G. posted, so hopefully that helps in troubleshooting? I wonder, do you own the Monster Manual on Roll20? I don't, and I am viewing the compendium entries on Chrome, to help further try and narrow things.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Compendium only, no MM, here. I also see no shape change.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Chrono said: Loren the GM said: If it helps I'll muddy the water and say that I am seeing the change shape ability on the link provided, as in this screenshot. It looks like I am seeing some formatting differences from what Kyle G. posted, so hopefully that helps in troubleshooting? I wonder, do you own the Monster Manual on Roll20? I don't, and I am viewing the compendium entries on Chrome, to help further try and narrow things. Yes, I own the monster manual, and I also am using Chrome to view.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi folks, I was absolutely looking at the Monster Manual content, getting to the OGL content can be a little tricky to get to if you have the MM unlocked, I discovered!&nbsp; All three of those metallic dragons are now updated, and I apologize for the back and forth here
I wanted to bring up again the fact (it was mentioned above) that monster attributes in the compendium are no longer in sensible order (such as STR, DEX, CON, INT, etc. all together), but are now in an illogical not-quite alphabetical order. It has been like this for a month; can we get it back the way it was? It is very hard to use this way.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Eric S. said: I wanted to bring up again the fact (it was mentioned above) that monster attributes in the compendium are no longer in sensible order (such as STR, DEX, CON, INT, etc. all together), but are now in an illogical not-quite alphabetical order. It has been like this for a month; can we get it back the way it was? It is very hard to use this way. This.
Vince said: Eric S. said: I wanted to bring up again the fact (it was mentioned above) that monster attributes in the compendium are no longer in sensible order (such as STR, DEX, CON, INT, etc. all together), but are now in an illogical not-quite alphabetical order. It has been like this for a month; can we get it back the way it was? It is very hard to use this way. This. Bringing this up again; can we please get the order of monster attributes in the compendium fixed? It used to be fine; just put it back the way it was. It has been months now.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Eric S. said: Bringing this up again; can we please get the order of monster attributes in the compendium fixed? It used to be fine; just put it back the way it was. It has been months now. We're working on a solution that we believe will be a much better display. It's in the process of being developed and actively on our radar.
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Steve K. said: Eric S. said: Bringing this up again; can we please get the order of monster attributes in the compendium fixed? It used to be fine; just put it back the way it was. It has been months now. We're working on a solution that we believe will be a much better display. It's in the process of being developed and actively on our radar. You guys rock!
Steve K. said: Eric S. said: Bringing this up again; can we please get the order of monster attributes in the compendium fixed? It used to be fine; just put it back the way it was. It has been months now. We're working on a solution that we believe will be a much better display. It's in the process of being developed and actively on our radar. Looking forward to it, thanks for the reply.