Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM speech "As" @{selected|token_name}

Is there an API that shifts the GMs typed words to occur from a targeted token or something near to that effect without having to scroll through a whole NPC list each time to change it?
As the GM you can simply use /emas @{selected|token_name} or /emas @{selected|character_name}
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Also /as&nbsp; See:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Speaking_and_Emo" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Speaking_and_Emo</a>...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you mean want to set the speaking as for the GM, that is possible with the API, just let me know.
That looks like it will work. Macro=&nbsp; &nbsp;/as @{selected|token_name} ?{Speak:}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
John K. said: That looks like it will work. Macro=&nbsp; &nbsp;/as @{selected|token_name} ?{Speak:} Note that if the character has a space in their name, everything after the space will be part of the spoken text.
keithcurtis said: John K. said: That looks like it will work. Macro=&nbsp; &nbsp;/as @{selected|token_name} ?{Speak:} Note that if the character has a space in their name, everything after the space will be part of the spoken text. I believe this can be fixed by putting quotation marks around the name. /as "@{selected|token_name}" ?{Speak}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Neat trick.
Finally got a chance to test it out. The option using quotes around the @{selected} as Kyle suggested works just as I required. The speech comes up as: &nbsp; Demon, Shadow: &lt;What I entered to say here&gt; (And not as (GM) or whatever) Thanks guys.