Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFG][M&M3E][WED 5 PM PST] Persona: Journey of Fate

Edited 1511571680
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Hello, I am currently looking a few more players to join in on a Mutants & Masterminds 3e Persona game. Persona 5 was the very first persona game I played & I loved it so most of the things in the campaign will be inspired from there though I have gone & watched the anime that were produced of Persona 3 & 4 in order to learn more to better run this game. I require that players have a mic & discord, but I want to specify that In-character dialogue is done through the roll20 text chat window. The reason I have players do voice for OOC & text through IC is because I’ve found its the best way to get people to interact & have fun without the peanut gallery spilling into the game. Voice is required, I’ve not had good experiences with players who do only text, sorry. Things to know: Group Size: 5 players First Session: 12/13/2017 This will use the M&M3e system with some limitations to make it fit the Persona universe Players new to M&M3e are fine but I’d appreciate it if you have some D20 experience. What I am looking for: Players who foremost want to enjoy the story, roleplay strong character development, & don’t mind between combat or downtime to talk to confidants or other characters, a crucial part of Persona. Players who can be committed to make the game. Social Roleplayers who aren’t going to disappear off the face of the earth until the next session. Sometimes I have questions about character choices/story. If you are interested please post with the following info below. Presume unless I have posted otherwise I am still looking: Age: Timezone: Little about yourself: What kind of player you see yourself as: TRPG Experience: Types of Character you like to play: Questions for GM:

Edited 1511032040
Age: 21 Timezone: EST Little about yourself: Aspiring actor who enjoys spending his time roleplaying. Beaten 4 & 5 and got mostly through 3. What kind of player you see yourself as: Focused on roleplaying and telling a good story over all else TRPG Experience: Have been playing multiple games for close to a year, mostly 5e with some Mekton. Types of Character you like to play: Hotblooded characters who are very flawed people. Questions for GM: Not any right yet
 age 22 timezone: est Bio a collage student who like to do some role play on the side. I really bit fan of the Persona 4 anime. What kind of player you see yourself as. well enjoy role play any more hang out with people I find role play a way make new story and new friends  TRPG Experience: well been in quite a few games like savage worlds, star wars saga and fantasy flight, Mask and of course mutants and master minds."    Types of Character well there two type of PC like to play private Detective who like to place his nose into places that it dosn't belong or some kinda martial artist. 

Edited 1510987255
Age: 19 Timezone: AKDT Little about yourself: I'm Max Harris, I'm a member of the U.S Navy Reserves. My hobbies consist of games and music. What kind of player you see yourself as: I'd like to think of myself as an enthusiastic player. I hold punctuality in high regard and enjoy all aspects of tabletop games; however due to my gaming roots I tend to be a little numbers-centric whether I like it or not. This absolutely does not mean that I  prioritize mechanics over story, but rather that I find it easier to enjoy games with a solid framework. TRPG Experience: I've been playing TRPG for about 6 years. I have experience primarily with D&D in it's various renditions, but I have branches into several other games including but not limited to, Mutants and Masterminds, Shadowrun, GURPs, etc.  Types of Character you like to play: From a role play and story standpoint, I tend to find myself playing characters with an idiosyncrasy as a notable feature. Whether it be something as simple as greed or complacency that they struggle with, or a far more concrete complication such as an illness; I like playing characters who have to fight an uphill battle. From a mechanical standpoint, I like to utilize my predisposition for numbers crunch to help my party. For this reason, I often play supportive characters, whether they be a typical caster or more of a tactician. Questions for GM: 1) Will characters be given the opportunity to have pastimes that influence their individual growth? 2) Do you have a Power Level in mind for this game? 3) Are their any particular combinations of abilities that you'd like to remove out the gate, or would you rather handle things on a case by case basis?
Age:  19 Timezone: CST Little about yourself: I'm a bit new to the Roll20 scene and DnD in general, I play games almost all the time, Therefore I am reachable anytime I am near the keyboard. What kind of player you see yourself as:  I'd say that I am a serious yet enthusiastic player who is always ready to get in the game. TRPG Experience: Barely even half a year, But I dove into PDFs of player handbooks and guide searching for most of the time. Types of Character you like to play: The person who tries to do what is best for their friends while making sure that trouble is something that can either be dealt with quickly or avoided altogether, And as the one who is versatile in and out of battle (I.E Rogue classes). Questions for GM: Is it alright if I pre-make most of the character (Not rolling stats) and we can proof-read it to make the character lore-friendly? Is/will there a schedule for when each session will be after the first? NOTE: I am already in another game (every Tues.) but I am a bit 'addicted' to Tabletops, So I hope you don't mind me doubling-up on games.

Edited 1511418871
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Sorry for delay in response, had a midterm on Monday. @Max H. 1) Will characters be given the opportunity to have pastimes that influence their individual growth? Yes, that will be RPed between the characters or between themselves & npcs. There will sometimes be special events that will give better opportunities. The better the relationship, the higher the confidant level & you might unlock special traits. 2) Do you have a Power Level in mind for this game? Yes but not definitive yet, I am trying to make sure I find the one that would be the most balanced. 3) Are their any particular combinations of abilities that you'd like to remove out the gate, or would you rather handle things on a case by case basis? The characters are NOT being built like regular M&M characters. There will be a list of starting abilities you can buy that are dependent on your starting arcana & persona. So to be more specific a large portion of the book is removed from the start. Personas can't regenerate, summon minions, or do things they otherwise wouldn't do. @Nate L. 1) Is there any insight you can give into how social links will function? See above . 2) What is the ratio on combat to roleplay? Can be anywhere from 50-50 to 30-70 for either depending on player decisions. @Rayllumen 1) Is it alright if I pre-make most of the character (Not rolling stats) and we can proof-read it to make the character lore-friendly? Is/will there a schedule for when each session will be after the first? There's no rolling stats in M&M3e. You can if you like but I haven't selected players yet. This is a fixed weekly game, yes.

Edited 1511473265
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Still searching, feel free to just ask questions if you're not sure you're interested in the game or not.
Can you give a brief idea of the setting you are going to be using? Is it set in the Persona universe or an OC universe?
What will the PC's living conditions be like? Is it like Persona 3's Dormitories or do they have to live with parents/guardians, Or is it their choice?

Edited 1511502998
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Sorry, I should've been more specific, I'm basing it heavly of the format of Persona 5 but I'm doing an entirely seperate OC story with its own plot. There will be similiarities but there will also be stark differences so its not obvious what is happening. Everyone is starting as 1st year freshmen at a to-be-named high school, the various NPCs I will put in the game as well as the character's starting conditions will be heavily influenced by whatever backstory the player can write up for their character since I like to use parts of a character's family/friends/history in the story itself. But for the most part they are essentially going to be normal students at the beginning of the story so nothing like P3's dormitories. Hopes this answers your questions & Happy Thanksgiving.
Age: 21 Timezone: EST Little about yourself: You caught my attention at Persona. I love the games so much that i ended up doing 3 playthroughs of 5 (just to fully complete it). I label myself as a fairly laid-back and friendly guy, although I do have a bit of a sailor's mouth. I will almost always give notice if I cannot make it to the game unless a serious emergency happens. I'm technically free anytime after 4pm EST although I prefer playing around 7 so I can eat dinner and get any work done with. I'm always up for a chat about the game or almost anything in general. What kind of player you see yourself as: I'm pretty laxed, usually managing my excitement well unless something big happens. I try to be as friendly as possible and let everyone have their moment. I almost always prioritize roleplay over mechanics unless the mechanics and roleplay mingle VERY well together. TRPG Experience: Been player table top for a good 5-6 years, somewhat off and on because of school. Most of my experience has been with D&D, although I have branched out to World of Darkness, GURPS, BESM and a couple other systems. I'm usually a GM in my friend group. Types of Character you like to play: My character vary widely, but always end up having some heavy anime elements in theme. Currently I am player a Trap that is a weapon master in a One peice game. I will say that all my character do end up being the most logical thinking ones, although maybe not smart, Sometimes I sort of let their fighting style help me flesh them out more.  Questions for GM: What time do you hope to run this game and how are you gonna give this your own twist on the Persona series?
Hm. Persona text game? I'm not the biggest fan of M&M, but I can overlook it for a series I enjoy. Age: 29 Timezone: EST (GMT -5) Little about yourself: Long time fan of SMT, and loved all of the Persona games (including the original 3 games; who doesn't love a game where the villain is Hitler in Aviators?). I like to think I'm fairly chill, and ascribe to the same idea that Voice + Text is the more immersive/least disruptive playstyle; it ensures that questions occur quickly and the game can move on. I'm generally always around, and participate in several communities (Twitch streamers, my own, FFXIV RP hubs), so while I might not be entirely the most active without prompt, I'm certainly always reachable. What kind of player you see yourself as: Storyteller - roleplay above all else is where I end up having the most fun. Combat is great, but not when it serves no purpose, or is there to fill in for a lack of engaging story. I live for telling interesting stories, even if it means my own characters suffer for it. TRPG Experience: Been playing since I was 7~8, and started on AD&D2e. Basically grew up on RPGs, whether it was tabletop, or video gaming. I largely play non-d20 games at this point (Shadowrun, Exalted, WoD, Ninja Crusade, Blades in the Dark), but have dabbled in M&M3 as well as 2. Types of Character you like to play: Typically, I don't feel like I have a 'type'. I tend towards playing either social or hybrid type characters, who are well-rounded in several areas, rather than focusing in solely on being really good at combat, or exploration.  Questions for GM: None that come to mind immediately, beyond, I suppose, if you're sticking with Japan as your primary setting, and if you feel like you can approach the themes unique to Japanese lifestyles appropriately?
EDIT: There was a typo where the start date was listed as 12/15/2017, this was supposed to be 12/13/2017 & I've fixed it, sorry for any confusion. @Ajen 5 PM PST on Wednesdays for 3-4 hours. This game will be most similar to P5 but instead based on stealing hearts, the most important aspect will be the idea of people living their stories. @Animus I know enough to definitely run it in an anime setting such as Persona. I haven't visited myself but I watch plenty of anime enough to know what it should be like.
If its Wednesday, then nevermind my only free slots are the weekends. Hope you guys have fun.
Age: 18 Timezone: EST Little about yourself: I'm an acting major in college, my dream is to become a voice actor and one day lend myself a big jrpg or persona-esque project. I absolutely love 5 to bits with 4 a close second, never got to sitting down and finishing 3 but I see what people love about it. I've also dabbled with some of the other shin megami tensei series, over all just love jrpg  What kind of player you see yourself as: I like to play my character as well as I can without letting my self leak in too much. I like to get a couple laughs here and there but nothing too meta or character breaking.  TRPG Experience: honestly only went through one real game but I've been into them for a couple of years and I like to think I've got a general grasp of how everything goes. Always been into them since I was like 14 but never knew the right people to set up a game, and I wanted atleast one game with people I know irl before jumping into online stuff like this. Other than that I've been in multiple other groups with other friends before but they just never jump off because something always ended up happening with the DM before we even start (I have like 4 unused characters) and beyond that just alot of watching videos and guides. And I'm definitely not afraid of having to read up on rules. Types of Character you like to play: I enjoy playing characters that have their own little quirks and such and this is definitely my own taste sinking in but I love an unapologetic character that is just self aware of their problems and accept them or just doesn't see any problem with them ex: yusuke  Questions for GM sorry if you answered this question already but will we have our own unique persona or more like other smt like persona 1 & 2 where everyone can generally have any existing demon but with a few ups and downs based on arcana?
Game is now full, thanks everyone for your interest.