Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Paging sifu :D [script to macro] help request

first off this is about the general use of the following api script Found on git&nbsp; here and talked about here&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5633578/script-t" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5633578/script-t</a>... what i am attempting to do via Macro is be able to Trigger the unknown character abilities macro that would then allow me to select the output&nbsp; language and send that to the API just as if the Token was selected. as it stands with the token selected i can use it as intended this being the macro that works with the token selected.&nbsp; !tongues ?{Select a language|Abyssal|Aquan|Auran|Halfling|Elf|Orc|Draconic|Dwarf|Primordial|Celestial|Giant|Gnomish|Gnoll|Ignan|Infernal|Sylvan|Terran|undercommon} ?{Message} this could all be a limitation of the API for all i know. i have to select the unknown token for it to work the purpose being able to hide who is doing the speaking for those times the a patrol npc monster might be talking and the players might over hear them but not understand them due to language barriers. heck id love it it this worked with the /as "name " but i know the APi is configured to the sheet so this would not work hence the unknwon NPC.

Edited 1511667338
lordmage said: what i am attempting to do via Macro is be able to Trigger the unknown character abilities macro that would then allow me to select the output&nbsp; language and send that to the API just as if the Token was selected. ... i know the APi is configured to the sheet so this would not work hence the unknwon NPC. The API isn't really connected to the sheet, it's more connected to the language journal. It just verifies that the token name is listed in the language journal (as I understand it). You could put a bogus token on a part of the map which the players can't see and call it "unknown" or "unseen speaker". In each of the language journals, add this token name. At least then, the players will get a confirmation that they don't know who is saying that. PS.. I like that macro. I may just have to steal it. ;)
well as it stand what i am hoping to do is use a macro to trick this macro into see it come from the token. that macro is the one tthat the script genertes based on the languges in the game