Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Did roll20 change my } and | back into brackets???

*edit: Title meant to say "&#125 ;" and "&#124 ;" BUT IT AUTOMATICALLY CHANGED TOO!!! Now my macro is broken :( Why/how did this happen? I did not do it myself *edit: DAMMIT every time I'm done fixing it and hit save it breaks it again by auto converting my query code brackets into real brackets! STOP IT ROLL20 STOP IT
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yeah there are issues with this, iirc it's recommended to not open macros after making them, because the convesrion happens when you open it again.
I see... thanks for answering. What a painful experience. I'm now going to copy paste my macros into notepad before saving
You can make them into character Abilities on the Attributes & Abilities tab. The HTML encoding will not be changed there when saved.
It's extremly annoying and we have all been there. :/
Rabulias said: You can make them into character Abilities on the Attributes & Abilities tab. The HTML encoding will not be changed there when saved. Thanks good to know! @Ravenknight: They really should put big flashing warnings that this will happen to help noobs like me :p
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I moved most of my campaign macros into a character sheet this year. It's really useful, not only for the above, but using the character vault or the Transmogrifier, makes your campaign macro set portable. You could even bring them into someone else's campaign. Say if your friend is a DM but doesn't know the first thing about programming...
Oh the pain, all my macros are stored in Evernote. two columns left side screen shot of the chat output and right side the code. Changes made in evernote then pasted to roll20.