Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fifth Edition One-Shot Adventure MODULE: "The Boggersman"

Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
We are really excited about the success this module has had. We would love to hear feedback from others about how their group handled the different challenges. Be sure to put SPOILER ALERT to warn others that have not yet had a chance to play it. <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/module/44/th" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/module/44/th</a>... .&nbsp;
A classic style dungeon romp with all the favorite aspects.&nbsp; Hack and slash and problem solving&nbsp; combined with a good story. We had a lot of fun with the pre-gen characters as well.&nbsp; It can stand alone or be put together with other L oremaster games for a longer story. It is also beginner friendly. Overall a great place to start your 1st level characters.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Mix said: A classic style dungeon romp with all the favorite aspects.&nbsp; Hack and slash and problem solving&nbsp; combined with a good story. We had a lot of fun with the pre-gen characters as well.&nbsp; It can stand alone or be put together with other L oremaster games for a longer story. It is also beginner friendly. Overall a great place to start your 1st level characters. Thanks for the awesome review. I am glad you enjoyed it!
I played this and then ran it for other groups. It never gets old watching how each group handles the situations presented in the module, because they all handle them differently. The module really inspires roleplay, teamwork, and puts their problem solving skills to the test. SPOILER ALERT: The bridge puzzle is hilarious. All of the groups had a blast, some got more frustrated than others (one player was reduced to shouting at the infernal bridge), but none of the groups I ran failed at solving it, and they all felt enormously successful when they did solve it. There is a written in bypass for those who would rather not do the bridge puzzle. The NPCs are comical. The old grouchy dwarf 'Boggersman' is fun to RP, and fun for the PCs to interact with. The surprise non-hostile goblin is also hilarious, so long as the PCs don't shoot him on sight, mistaking him for an enemy.&nbsp; The final battle at the end is perfectly timed and epic. The battle map is intricate and offers interesting tactical positions. When the PCs find out what the "big bad swamp god" is near the end of the battle, their reactions are a mixture of "oh crap" and "are you kidding me? LOL!". Well, let's just say it's classic goblin shenanigans. Overall, "The Boggersman" is an excellent way to spend an evening, or several evenings. I hope others will get a chance to play this and enjoy it as much as I did.