Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

MARKETPLACE CONTENT SUGGESTIONS

N Robaina
Pro
Marketplace Creator
There was recently a tweet asking about Marketplace content.  Not sure if there are such threads here, but I thought I'd share my suggestions. Clockwork Fantasy Characters : These would be usable in steampunk games, as warforged for D&D games and as clockwork characters for Shadow of the Demon Lord games (which I run and play in).  I prefer the top-down views for characters, not portrait tokens. More Skyships & Sky Islands: There are already a few of these, but I want more!  Sky island edge maps or masks would be super helpful, particularly those that may show rivers or oceans falling off the edge. Modern Fantasy Characters and Scenery : Dresden Files, Hellboy, Dr. Strange, Constantine; these are all examples of this genre of fantasy and we could use some characters and scenery to support these kinds of games.
Dead bodies, monsters and PCs!
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
DM Nel said: There was recently a tweet asking about Marketplace content.  Not sure if there are such threads here, but I thought I'd share my suggestions. More Skyships & Sky Islands: There are already a few of these, but I want more!  Sky island edge maps or masks would be super helpful, particularly those that may show rivers or oceans falling off the edge. Something like this? It includes a sky background with island tokens so that you can customize your own layouts. I’m also working on a second set. Instant Dungeon Crawl: Plane of Air
N Robaina
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Similar to that, but the islands in this set and the Gabriel Pickard sets are too small.  The sky islands in my homebrew campaign are continent-sized, so I just need maps that show the edges of islands along with various types of terrain on the land mass leading to the edge.
For Clockwork fantasy characters try out Devin Night's Tome of Beasts Pack 2

Edited 1512350197
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
DM Nel said: Similar to that, but the islands in this set and the Gabriel Pickard sets are too small.  The sky islands in my homebrew campaign are continent-sized, so I just need maps that show the edges of islands along with various types of terrain on the land mass leading to the edge. I can do that. What kind of terrain did you envision? 
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
And I love making air and planar sets, so send me a wish list. I can always use fresh ideas!

Edited 1512361761
I think token sets loosely based on popular adventure modules, especially old school classics, would sell well. Most of them have specific NPCs, boss enemies, unique monsters, etc and DMs looking to run those adventures in Roll20 would welcome such sets.
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
DM Nel said: Similar to that, but the islands in this set and the Gabriel Pickard sets are too small.  The sky islands in my homebrew campaign are continent-sized, so I just need maps that show the edges of islands along with various types of terrain on the land mass leading to the edge. We're looking to do more of these in the near future as well. Are you looking for more isometric viewing like  these ? But with rivers flowing over edges and such, correct? 
N Robaina
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Patrick Von Raven said: And I love making air and planar sets, so send me a wish list. I can always use fresh ideas! Just normal terrain types that come to an abrupt end because you’ve reached the edge of the world. Forest, plains, mountains, swamps, rivers, oceans, all ending on a cliff that marks the edge of the world, or planar island.  The cliffs should stretch the length of the map.  Maybe have half the map be the terrain and the other half be the cliff and empty space beyond.  
N Robaina
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Russ H. said: DM Nel said: Similar to that, but the islands in this set and the Gabriel Pickard sets are too small.  The sky islands in my homebrew campaign are continent-sized, so I just need maps that show the edges of islands along with various types of terrain on the land mass leading to the edge. We're looking to do more of these in the near future as well. Are you looking for more isometric viewing like  these ? But with rivers flowing over edges and such, correct?  I’ve been using this one for a while now.  It’s great for a player map but not so much as an encounter map.
N Robaina
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Jonah H. said: For Clockwork fantasy characters try out Devin Night's Tome of Beasts Pack 2 I saw that and plan to get it, but I’m talking about clockwork humanoids that represent the various classes, so clockwork fighters, rogues, wizards, clerics, etc.  Weird clockwork creatures would be good too, but character classes would take priority for me.  And I buy a LOT of token and map sets.
N Robaina
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Brett E. said: I think token sets loosely based on popular adventure modules, especially old school classics, would sell well. Most of them have specific NPCs, boss enemies, unique monsters, etc and DMs looking to run those adventures in Roll20 would welcome such sets. Those would be great too!  I’m currently running Village if Hommlet & will be doing Temple of Elemental Evil next and I had to pull maps off the net that others made for their games.  Nice maps, but they’re memory hogs & not optimized for a VTT. I also plan on running other classic modules, like Forgotten Yemple of Tharizdun, Queen of the Demonweb Pits, Expedition to the Barrier Peaks to name a few.
N Robaina
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Another wish list would be to see more Numenera-friendly maps & tokens.  Strange & forgotten tech, spaceship wrecks, weird terrain, etc.  Numenera needs some VTT love.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
DM Nel said: Patrick Von Raven said: And I love making air and planar sets, so send me a wish list. I can always use fresh ideas! Just normal terrain types that come to an abrupt end because you’ve reached the edge of the world. Forest, plains, mountains, swamps, rivers, oceans, all ending on a cliff that marks the edge of the world, or planar island.  The cliffs should stretch the length of the map.  Maybe have half the map be the terrain and the other half be the cliff and empty space beyond.   Almost sounds like an image set that allows you to add the cliffs and clouds to existing world maps would be more useful.
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Since you’re not looking for floating islands in the sky like in my Plane of Air set, it sounds like you want a roll20 sized battle map with just one side edge showing land’s end/sky/cloud.  
These are my three simple requests.  1.)  PATHFINDER content. Everything, especially the core manuals.  Also the bestiaries.  2.)  Marketplace wishlist, so your players and parents and or spouse know what to buy you  :) 3.)  Gift certificates!  $10, $20, $50, $100 Thank you for your time.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Voicing wishlist desires which are not art will see me giving you the spiel and potentially closing this thread ;)  As long as this thread is kept to art desires, all is good and well, but things like licensing and items already in the suggestions forum are not things your fellow artists can do for you and this makes everybody sad.  We don't want sad artists :( ---- For your suggestions, we offer the Suggestions & Ideas forum, which is based on voting from the whole community. Please review our Forum Voting wiki page for more information on how voting works, and our Suggestions & Ideas Posting Guidelines for the added expectations above and beyond our standard Code of Conduct .
N Robaina
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Patrick Von Raven said: Since you’re not looking for floating islands in the sky like in my Plane of Air set, it sounds like you want a roll20 sized battle map with just one side edge showing land’s end/sky/cloud.   Right, but I actually want the space beyond the land's edge to be blank so that I can insert different backgrounds like the various elemental planes, the astral plane, weird psychedelic planes, etc.  So a good amount of land, then the edge and empty space beyond it.
N Robaina
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Here's how I did one of my maps using a Gabriel Pickard island. Wasn't super happy with it, but it worked.
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
DM Nel said: Patrick Von Raven said: Since you’re not looking for floating islands in the sky like in my Plane of Air set, it sounds like you want a roll20 sized battle map with just one side edge showing land’s end/sky/cloud.   Right, but I actually want the space beyond the land's edge to be blank so that I can insert different backgrounds like the various elemental planes, the astral plane, weird psychedelic planes, etc.  So a good amount of land, then the edge and empty space beyond it. Okay.  I believe that I understand; you want different terrain land masses that can be placed over any background (in this case, sky and clouds).  That certainly can be done.
N Robaina
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Cool!  I look forward to giving you my money!