Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro guide for STU-- *Cough* I mean, ignorant people like me? (Also I'm Stupid)

So I notice how helpful the context guide is for Macro by Roll20. It really is very helpful... however, it uses certain key words that don't... really give you an idea how they could work. Like example. &{tracker} Great. Nice. I like the & and the { } with the {tracker} but... could this be... idk, broken down a bit? What limitations do I have with this? I mean could I do.  3.Rt&{tracker}&{BobaFett}&{LukeShotFirst}  you get what I mean? What I'm trying to say here and forgive my weak analogy... It seems more useful for people who have an already idea about coding, then the average joe. For me? It's like a whole new language... I don't know what the {tracker} limitations are NOR do I understand what "Tracker" even does. Does it HAVE to have the { }? IS there a guide that simplifies these like... "Here are some things KEYWORDS macros can use. One of them is {tracker} or seen commonly as &{tracker} which is used next to a number (Ex: 4 &{tracker} ) or a Die roll. Tracker: The number result or number it self with the Token it associates with, is added to the turn round as so.) I mean maybe there is a student guide out there, heck if I know. All I know is I see different words sometimes being thrown at me when I read the roll20 guide and I'm thinking... "...Alright, so... I get they DO THAT but, what really is their origin or why are they well... called that."
Also S/O to the guy who made that HUGE API or macro coding for my campaign and decks. You, sir, are just awesome. Its got me into learning about coding my self. I like to make things simplify and easier to understand for people to learn and know how to also use such things. so... this is good for me to know.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
From:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Roll_To_Initiative" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Roll_To_Initiative</a> Roll To Initiative To add a roll directly into Roll20's Turn Track (Rolling for Initiative), you'll need to incorporate a "roll option". A roll option is a special Roll20 flag that you can set anywhere in a roll to tell the roll system you'd like to do special things with the roll. For adding an initiative number to the turn track, you'll first need to select the token you wish to roll for and use this formula: /roll 1d20 + 5 &{tracker} The &{} part is where you put your options for the roll, and the "tracker" option is what says "Show the results of this roll, but also use the result as the value in the turn tracker." If the token that you have selected doesn't already have a turn in the turn order, one will be added. If it already has at least one turn, all current turns will be updated with the new value.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Additionally:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Turn_Tracker#Adding_Values" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Turn_Tracker#Adding_Values</a> Adding Values The Turn Tracker allows you to add a value next to each token. You can use this spot to keep track of initiative or any other stat that you want to note about the turn. There are several ways to add token values, all of which can be accomplished by both the GM and players. The easiest method is to simply click on the number next to the Token and type in a new number. Press Return/Enter after typing and the new value will be saved. Alternatively, you can drag the result of a roll from the chat box to the Turn Tracker and drop it in the numerical field. Values can also be added or subtracted from chat using the + or - flags with the &{tracker} command like so: /roll 1d20 + 5 &{tracker:+} /roll 1 &{tracker:-} [[10 &{tracker:-}]]If the selected token isn't already in the turn tracker, then it is added with the value that was rolled and the additional flag is ignored.
Where is a dang metal for someone like you Aaron. Like seriously. You just keep knocking out these questions with ease and I feel terrible for not finding out the answers to this stuff as quickly as I like.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
=D I've been doing it for a while, I know where to look.
The Aaron said: =D I've been doing it for a while, I know where to look. yes but we all did not start with a coding background... altho given more time i might be there too. hell i have learned a bit more it seems simply from reading some of your responses to questions such as this. give you self a gold Star :D&nbsp;