Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

MASKS #16 - IN THE CLUTCHES OF INTERPERSONAL INTERACTION! [Recap]

Edited 1517202586
Starting off ... LINK is staying at the Gales in the carriage house. JASON is prepping for being disappeared. GHOST GIRL is ... in the Sepiaverse. MERCURY is prepping for school. CONCORD is heading to school for the day. Ghost Girl ... Was in the Graveyard. Looked into things more deeply in the mausoleum of the Everard family. Bereft of spiritual energy. GG tried to shift into the Shadow Realm. Except ... in a devastated cemetery in the Sepiaverse, looking across the blasted heath to the devastated city ... GG tries to reverse things. Normally reacts with the spirit energy. But there's none here. She can work through that ... but the space where the mausoleum is, back home, there's nothing, spirit-energy, there, like a cauterization. Which is probably how she ended up here. Like a cold spot in the haunted house ... wiggins! (Vs the weird worn-out spirit world around Ghostheart's office.) Link & Mercury ... Leo, intercom goes off in the kitchenette. "Hey, Leo ... welcome to join us for pancakes!" Link texts everyone -- want to do the merge as soon as possible, meet up. GG can be reached in ritual by shadow, so he does that, too. Lets Pneuma know. Goes to eat. School. Pneuma -- will head to Quill Foundation. Link good -- wants everyone there for a supportive environment. Goes to be sociable. Harry -- Dad wants to know schedule after school. "Team business." Dad has friends who wants to help out with stuff. Suit up and we'll go talk with them when you get a moment, if that's cool. No pressure! Concord ... Text from Link while being driven into school. Mom wants to go talk to folk -- all the attendance records are in line. Checks text. Hrm. Drama club after school for the fall play -- but Adam wants to be on stage crew, but should really be there. Jason ... Gardner Academy (vs Halcyon High South) -- Jason calls in sick. Texts Waters. Waters is in his normal outfit (only a sweater vest, not a tie). Coffee from the Q-Rig coffee maker. In where they've never gotten a signal before. Security footage from the maintenance tunnels near the White House. Who was offscreen, "We don't know." Never found out what was going on, what the device was about. Covered up because we didn't know, and it was so near the WH. They felt they were doing something that would save world. Too great a security risk to let JQ know before this time. Don't trust -- "Don't trust me. You're doing right." (Influences Superior+, Mundane-, which is just the way Jason is feeling.) Interdimensional thing. Not sure if it was fatal. Or not. But he would be back by now if he could be. "So what do the Vyortovians have to do with this?" (watches carefully) Quirks a grin. "Well, damn, you;re more on the ball than I expected. We aren't sure. But Vyortovia did not exist before that day. We're keeping a close eye on them. They have way more advanced tech. Intent on gathering certain tech, phenomena. They're here now, your Dad's not, we're missing Iceland. The Vyortovian island moves. Its mobile. 300km across. And it moves. And Iceland is missing." (Can't quite grasp the name.) "Once upon a time there used to be an island called 'Iceland' ..." (Has to check a notecard to be able to remember the name.) Charlotte ... Want to get more gossip from old neighbors. Thaddeus Letzen was father of that neighbor family back in the day, research about the death of the Everard family. The research doesn't go while. Concord ... Daydreaming. Have told Mom that he might have to spend some time with friends. "Just let us know what's going on." Daydreaming about each person's personal drama. Getting really distracted by 3rd period. REalize that it's not a daydream, he's actually picking up actual thoughts / emotions. Trying to keep it under control ("Leash Your Powers"). The Concordance gets annoyed at this. Leo sees Adam coming into the lunchroom, pale and distracted. Leo goes over to try perk him up, and Pierce the Mask. Adam is busy trying to not hear the low-grade castigation over not using his powers, exercising his responsbility, failing the city and world ... Leo completely sees through this. - What does Adam want Link to do? Tell him he's not going crazy. - What does Link need to say? Talks about Pneuma merge, anomaly. (The voice approves!) Ever since the other day ... Upset over his dad yelling. Saw colors ... this is going beyond that (interps of the colors, full of data) Leo urges him to go home -- take care of himself. But ... parents are mad about last night. Concord yelled at them. That's the weird part. Grounded. Not supposed to go to the Quill Fdn that night -- "no capes." - How can Link get influence over Adam? Comfort and support. - ALLOW A QUESTION - What does LInk intend to do with this info? To help and support Adam, make him feel better. Adam can tell there's a lot of compassion there. I'm here for you, man. ... and tells him. Did the things that came out of your head, did they talk to you before they came out? Like imaginary friends, or creative effort. "I AM NO MERE FICTION!" Lunch tray clash. "Hey nerds." It's Taz. (Final question: how can I confront the Concordance on your behalf?) - Opened up enough for the comfort and support. -> Clear a condition. Leo clears Hopeless. Harry ... Get text messages at lunch from Dad -- wrap up stuff by 6, can meet his friends at dinner. "Can I bring a friend?" After two hours. "Sure bud, no problem." And no eggplants, and Mom's reverse smiley face. Concern. Goes looking for Andromeda (A10) and thank her for covering for him. No problem! Saw him on the news. Loved the press conference. She's trying to chat him up. He's kind of Captain Oblivious. Jason ... [Try to research?] Trying to remember! (Hopeless!) Jason becomes aware his own existence is in jeopardy. Overwhelming that the whole world -- existence -- is conspiring to keep things from him. Emotionally exhausting. But ... given what he's learned ... starting to do the math ... making connections [Dark Visions!]. Realize that mmories of the past few years, things that are relevant. Byron was doing something with Chin ... not stopping something to channel it, ground it, defuse it, etc. Mostly worked ... except for a local swap. Iceland gone! Vyortovia here! Amir hasn't let Jason see him face to face. Or the dog. Has to have something to do with it. Amir was there, but not on the video. Unless that's not Amir. So Jason doesn't remember anything about Iceland. But some other stuff. Insight. But who the hell was shooting at Byron, et al. Who was trying to stop him? Need to use the Sanctuary systems to find Alycia. Charlotte ... Hannibal Letson is a descendent, living on the family wealth. Goes to visit him. Whining weapon sounds -- three AEGIS agents. Because Hannial Letson is actually Hannbal Lectric. She vanishes. They go back to the van, grumbling. Adam ... He's needed at the QF. And the Voice wants him to go. So he skips the tech tryouts. Jason (et al.) ... Integrate Travelycia into a statistical model ... with the Byron AI ... and will need help from ... Harry to spread sensors around the city. People start arriving. Jason is suffering from too much work, too many Cokes. Babbling. Leo pierces the mask ... - What are you really planning? [To contact Alycia about my dad and her ...] Question back: - How serious are you taking the Pneuma threats. - Yes I know this! I stayed awake all night thinking about this! Talking with Pneuma aout this. I already know. Jason conveys his sincere concerns for them both. Leo conveys his view of Jason as a soldier that's had too many things on his shoulders, going too far. Leo: - How can I make Jason Quill laugh. - I know you said we need to find Alycia. Leo - I'm Alycia Chin. Pneuma - No, I'm Alycia Chin. Pneuma Backup - No, I'm, Alycia Chin. Byron - Yes, this was all done already in Spartacus . (storms out / fades off) Jason laughs. GG - Oh, there's a hole to the Sepiavese in the Everard crypt. Oh, and Hannbal Lectric is a descendent of one Oh, and AEGIS is camped out there if you want to screw with them. Heart Factory scan Pneuma (body), looking esp. at the memory corruption stuff. More like it's been written with a different file system software. Binary code -- a compressed file. A very tiled message from Rossum: "Hell, boy. Had to get hold of your bodyguard partner toy and slip something in. Sorry, you can restore from backup. In a bit of a pickle. Hope you can get me out of it." Prisoner -- was able to plant something when Rosa had hooks into Pneuma. Link: I was born to murder the world. He walks away to process. Rest of message spools off. Jason and Adam go to Pneuma. There is a sound of things being broken in another room. Harry goes over there. Jason tries to express sympathy. Pneuma biting lip, staring. Now have a first-hand memory of him. Anything I can do, um, let me know. Wanders off, waving at Adam. Adam ... trying to see what the Shard wants. "This spirit is no longer clean and undamaged. Disappointing." Adam wanders off, glares at the floor, arguing in his head. Ghost Girl ... Goes over to Pneuma. Sort of like the trap and experience over in the Sepiaverse. Something we can both relate to. Harry ... Link is there. Some damage (or things knocked over). Leo is pacing. Harry pulls out a bag of chips. "More fun to destroy. Tastier than chairs." Almost knocks away the chips, then stops self. "Harry -- chips -- dammit -- listen -- my dad was a bad guy, and I;m afraid every day I am, too. He can go rot, and that's how ad guys think, and you are just the good guy who wants to help people, like your family and your kids, and I'm trying, and I'm not there yet. Thank you." "Would a bad guy work so hard to do better. Put so much care and effort into the life forms they create? You are different from your father." "When you're hungry, you'll eat anything." Holds out chips. "All right, give me the damned chips." Goes back, gives Pneuma a big hug, and whispers something in her ear. Possible Stuff Next Time ... [Merge? Except Pneuma has a doubt about the merge -- doesn't want to inflict the knowledge of what was done to her to her cognate. Leo will not force this.] [Harry is going to bring ... Jason? Charlotte? We'll find out next time!] End of Session Stuff ... Jason - Closer to the team [Leo - getting into his head] - Potential > Advance Link - Closer to the team [Harry - supported by] - Link: Savior up, danger down. Harry - Closer to the team [Leo - showed vuln side] - +Mundane, -Superior Charlotte - Image of Self [who was vs who am] - Mundane up and superior down Adam - Closer to the team [Leo] - uncheck condition, Freak+, Superior- 

Edited 1512552733
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
RKT CAR. It's a license plate. It looms large in Leo's vision. It's all he can see, although it's framed by a halo of headlights. Leo is sitting in the passenger side of some kind of vehicle. No, it's a flying car, hovering at ground level. Leo just got into the car. Why? Behind him is his father, the super-villain Rossum. Mr. Dorsey isn't around. Mrs. Dorsey is on the road for her job. Outside the car, Pneuma's spirit hovers in the air, watching the scene play out. She hasn't been embodied yet, not for another 2-3 years, but she remembers this scene all the same. What just happened? Leo doesn't quite remember. It was like a dream. Rossum grabbed him. He threw him in the car. He said something. He seemed impatient. There was a loud roar. Leo remembers a flash of pride - I worked so hard on that engine - at the sound. Then the impact, shaking the whole world, throwing open the door of the flying car and showing Leo the name of his savior. Mr. Dorsey got him the custom tag for Otto when the engine turned over the first time. "Wrecked Car," the junkman had explained to his thirteen-year-old son. Leo knows better. Its real meaning is a tiny cherished memory, wrapped tightly in layers of protection, sitting on a shelf in his mind. Leo leans in, offering a hug, waiting those tense milliseconds to watch her acknowledge and permit it - when a violation happens, the first thing that follows is wall building. But he's welcomed. "Rocket Car," he whispers to her, a message for her ears alone. In her mind is that same memory, wrapped just as tightly, put up on the same shelf. Those words take it down and unfold its meaning with care. You're not alone. HE can't take you away from me. I'll rocket to you. I'll crash through everything and come save you. I'll never give up until I'm by your side. <a href="https://youtu.be/suVPJuRDeVA?t=3m3s" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/suVPJuRDeVA?t=3m3s</a>
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
It feels a little late and I apologize for that. But if anyone is bothered by the context of what's been happening with Pneuma, or similar issues, please indicate your discomfort and it will stop immediately. It feels like we have all been fine with this, but silence doesn't always imply consent.
I'm fine with it. Good stuff -- bothersome and discomforting, but in a good way (IMO).&nbsp;
(Well, heck -- I reused a classic comic book title format for two issue subject lines in a row. Have to take that one off the list.)
*** Dave H. said: I'm fine with it. Good stuff -- bothersome and discomforting, but in a good way (IMO).&nbsp; Agreed.&nbsp; This issue shouldn't be comfortable due to its nature, but I think its being handled in a respectful way.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
&nbsp;I've had a couple of really interesting conversations with the women in my life regarding what's currently going on. I think it's really going well, or about as well as can be expected, and I really hope that if it doesn't people will speak up. &nbsp;I will confess that I didn't actually see or predicted the story would go this way. better or worse, I simply looked at the expediency of sending the secret message and didn't really consider the ramifications until later,&nbsp; some aspects of it didn't occur to me until last night. In that, I'm like Rossum I suppose, which isn't a great realization to make, but I am very glad for the way that it is taking the story, and that I had at least the awareness enough to spot it as it was happening. it's fascinating to me how much stuff that I see ahead for this game is being born out of quick moments that just kind of grew out of play, rather than being planned, but which afterwards seem as though the only way the story could have gone.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
The diagnostic chip Leo used to bootstrap all his AI technology can provide a digital approximation of a brain state, that's its whole point. It's been demonstrated in the real world ( <a href="https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28308-digit" rel="nofollow">https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28308-digit</a>... ) that we can represent a tiny part of a brain digitally and it responds like the real thing. If Rossum redubbed Pneuma, storing audio-video instead of neuron position data at some specific point in the digital stream, that'd create the conditions we found. But importantly for Leo, doing this requires a deep knowledge of how Rossum's brain representation tech works, and that helps authenticate that the embedded message was either really from Rossum, or from someone who knew his tech as well. I put a Pierce the Mask question to Mike ("how do I confront the Concordance on your behalf") and was thinking how that'd manifest as well, but derp, Adam is already receiving thoughts from everyone around him, and that includes Leo. So, problem solved! I'm interested to see what the answer is. For the Sepiaverse, it feels like we need to ask Ghost Girl, "what's your story?" If Margie's ready and willing next time, hearing GG's family history may help us put some pieces together. We also raised the question of whether Pneuma's eyes caught the same distortion as the cameras at the AEGIS press conference, which Jason saw as Li'lycia. If so, we can check if the effect is roaming around the Quill compound. If we find something, Leo's ready and willing to sucker-punch it.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
We're also in the weeds on a lot of issues. I hope this pulls it together: "Byron Quill and Achilles Chin disappeared, leaving their kids - Jason and Alycia - behind to grieve and cope in their own way. Now it looks like these guys might be alive in another world. We want to get them back, if that's possible. We need to understand why they disappeared. And we might need to confront the larger forces that caused their disappearance to begin with."
Bill G. said: We're also in the weeds on a lot of issues. I hope this pulls it together: "Byron Quill and Achilles Chin disappeared, leaving their kids - Jason and Alycia - behind to grieve and cope in their own way. Now it looks like these guys might be alive in another world. We want to get them back, if that's possible. We need to understand why they disappeared. And we might need to confront the larger forces that caused their disappearance to begin with." I'm in!

Edited 1512744257
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Bill G. said: We're also in the weeds on a lot of issues. I hope this pulls it together: "Byron Quill and Achilles Chin disappeared, leaving their kids - Jason and Alycia - behind to grieve and cope in their own way. Now it looks like these guys might be alive in another world. We want to get them back, if that's possible. We need to understand why they disappeared. And we might need to confront the larger forces that caused their disappearance to begin with." That's a great summary of what's in our face right now. I especially like how it's oriented in terms of 'what you guys personally need to do next' instead of the GM's 'what's happening right now.' Here's sort of the GM's "what's happening right now, in broad strokes:" (Warning: knowing how I think of everything in the campaign is probably it's own kind of spoiler, so... spoilers? I guess?) Off the top of my head, the Big Stuff Groupings right now are: 1. Quill/Chin disappearance, how that ties into Vyortovia's presence in the world and whatever they're doing over the last couple years, whoever the hell was shooting at Quill/Chin, and (possibly) whatever was/is going on with the secret society Charlotte's family was involved with. A lot of stuff is coming to light here, and maybe the urgency is high? Depends who you ask, I suppose.&nbsp; Most directly connected to Jason, secondarily GG, tertiary Harry (since his powers seem to be able to interact with the sepiaverse). 2. GG's got a couple things going on, in two groups; 2a. Her family or her origin's ties to magic and magical secret societies, and THEIR ties to Vyortovia that seem to predate all the stuff going on in the last 2 years by quite a bit. Quite a bit of this seems to be clarifying. 2b. The introduced but still unresolved "interacting with this world attracts a horrible thing to this plane." This is mostly GG, with secondary impacts for Jason, primarily. 3. Rook and Rossum, their interference with (primarily) Link-fam and (secondarily, or just not yet) the Menagerie. At a personal level, there's lots going on, though the larger picture of "what the baddies are up to" is either unclear or suspiciously straightforward. ("Rook want tech. Fire bad. Tree pretty.") This is primarily Link, secondarily Jason (via Rook/Quill history) and Harry (via Rook/Gale history). 4. The Concordance, Concord Shard, and various Galactic Baddies. This is MOSTLY a more nebulous, less immediate threat that we're only starting to get the shape of, with the exception of literally internal Adam/Concord Shard Drama. This is mostly Concord, obviously. 5. Harry has no issue. Which is an issue. Working on that one RSN. Those are the big things I can think of without coffee. Did I miss stuff? Are there things that should be on my radar (or you want on my radar) that aren't? Side note: Our issues all seem to start out internal and personal, and grow until they start overlapping other people. (So, you know... high school.) Urgency rating can somewhat be determined by how far the thing has metastasized and begun to affect others.
Doyce T. said: Off the top of my head, the Big Stuff Groupings right now are: 1. Quill/Chin disappearance, how that ties into Vyortovia's presence in the world and whatever they're doing over the last couple years, whoever the hell was shooting at Quill/Chin, and (possibly) whatever was/is going on with the secret society Charlotte's family was involved with. A lot of stuff is coming to light here, and maybe the urgency is high? Depends who you ask, I suppose.&nbsp; Most directly connected to Jason, secondarily GG, tertiary Harry (since his powers seem to be able to interact with the sepiaverse). I had a thought about this last night while trying to think of something to put together last night, but I might be connecting unlinked threads here. Something changed reality and turned Vy... Iceland into Vyortovia (and various other changes that we're tangentially aware of). In Issue Ten, the Farlander showed up looking for Keynomes... which can change reality. Not a huge stretch of logic there.&nbsp; Even more concerning that there's one of the Keynomes at or near Leo and Adam's school.&nbsp; Seems like something that should be looked into.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike said: Something changed reality and turned Vy... Iceland into Vyortovia (and various other changes that we're tangentially aware of). In Issue Ten, the Farlander showed up looking for Keynomes... which can change reality. Leo can do a science experiment that may give us a lead (or at least some new information) on the source of the memory effect. If Adam contributes his powers to monitoring and tracing it, we could confirm that.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike said: Doyce T. said: Off the top of my head, the Big Stuff Groupings right now are: 1. Quill/Chin disappearance, how that ties into Vyortovia's presence in the world and whatever they're doing over the last couple years, whoever the hell was shooting at Quill/Chin, and (possibly) whatever was/is going on with the secret society Charlotte's family was involved with. A lot of stuff is coming to light here, and maybe the urgency is high? Depends who you ask, I suppose.&nbsp; Most directly connected to Jason, secondarily GG, tertiary Harry (since his powers seem to be able to interact with the sepiaverse). I had a thought about this last night while trying to think of something to put together last night, but I might be connecting unlinked threads here. Something changed reality and turned Vy... Iceland into Vyortovia (and various other changes that we're tangentially aware of). In Issue Ten, the Farlander showed up looking for Keynomes... which can change reality. Not a huge stretch of logic there.&nbsp; Even more concerning that there's one of the Keynomes at or near Leo and Adam's school.&nbsp; Seems like something that should be looked into. Oh man, I really like that. That's just a great connection. Well-spotted! (Also, really need to start practicing my Icelandic accent - need to watch more old Eve Online developer interviews. :)
I'll confess that in my understanding it wasn't so much that the Island-known-improbably-as-"Iceland" became the Island-known-inevitably-as-Vyortovia (which then up and vanished in some fashion), just that Vyortivia showed up (somehow, somewhere (, somewhen)) (or, perhaps, just some key Vyortovians showed up, which has its own stupid charm) and then somehow (because it doesn't exist in their world for fun story reasons) that bit of the other world (presumably the Sepiaverse) showed up, wiping Iceland out of existence, not from then on but from always. In that understanding, Vyortovia was significantly smaller than Iceland, more like a hi-tech island, at most, about the size of the Battleship Island. (And a heck of a lot more of an actual battleship.) Maybe something like classic Attilan. Which doesn't mean I wasn't dead wrong. I just mentioned it just because. As to it not being in any clear location, even in the modern era ... ... it's a flying island (which really &nbsp;works better with something Battleship Island size, vs Icelandic size). ... Vyortovian memetic technology just keeps people from thinking about it, noticing it, remembering it once it's noticed, etc. That gets a bit dodgier with things like satellite technology, ocean current studies, etc., but nothing that can't be handled. ... it's mobile in some other fashion. ("You're going to tell me this thing is a submarine?") ... it's dimensionally unstable, like Brigadoon -- this is intrinsic to its nature and/or something invoked / created / harnessed by the Vyortovians as a defense. Up side? The island just sort of fades away when people approach it. Down side? Dimensional breaches have an inordinate impact upon it ... See also: The Bermuda Triangle (where people get easily confused, where ships and planes conveniently vanish, where compasses and other tech bits go wonky when you approach it). Legends of Atlantis, a highly advanced island civilization, and what the hell ever happened to that place? The idea that maybe Atlantis was in the Bermuda Triangle. Or created the Bermuda Triangle. Or something. (True, it's all goofy pseudo-science, but that's just fodder for comic books.) So maybe we had &nbsp;a Vyortovia, just on different Atlantic island / continent. (Or maybe it was the same Atlantic island, moved south for sunnier climes.) (Or maybe the legend just points to Iceland, which does qualify as being an island the Pillars of Hercules.) Or maybe we still &nbsp;have one. As another reason why there might have been a Secret Society about the place centuries ago. ("At least, brethren of this dimension, we've found you!" "You idiots , you led them right to us!") (So putting in a nomination for the Hidden Heart of the Family of the Whatevers being the shooters in that video. Not sure if that's better or worse than AEGIS.&nbsp; ("Dave, Dave, Dave ... where do you think all those secret society types went&nbsp; in the modern era? They founded a legitimate , government-funded secret society agency. Everybody wins!") ) By the way, based on Harry's description of the world (or at least Halcyon City) in ruins over in the Sepiaverse ... how long ago does it sound like that happened? We talking a decade ago? Or maybe a year or two? (Or do we have a sense of time passage over there?) I don't think I've drawn or heard drawn a line between the dots of "dimensional rift opened to the Sepiaverse" and "the Sepiaverse seems devastated," but we tend to rattle off hypotheses pretty quickly during these games.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Nomination for the Hidden Family being shooters - duly noted. The damage to Halcyon would probably predate the 2-year mark by a good margin. Call it 10 to 20 years? The sepia-toned air might indicate larger environmental factors that go back further.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: I'll confess that in my understanding it wasn't so much that the Island-known-improbably-as-"Iceland" became the Island-known-inevitably-as-Vyortovia (which then up and vanished in some fashion), just that Vyortivia showed up (somehow, somewhere (, somewhen)) (or, perhaps, just some key Vyortovians showed up, which has its own stupid charm) and then somehow (because it doesn't exist in their world for fun story reasons) that bit of the other world (presumably the Sepiaverse) showed up, wiping Iceland out of existence, not from then on but from always. All of that basically tracks. It is, if nothing else, at least as valid as any understanding anyone else claims to have.
Good to know I'm at least as confused as Jason is. Possibly more so. :-)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Leo on the whole Vyortovia issue at this particular moment:

Edited 1513193714
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Leo's eventually going to process what Charlotte said about the Sepiaverse, and ask her and Jason what I hope are some fairly logical questions (here given with presumed answers): To Charlotte: "How do you know it led to the Sepiaverse?" ("I went there and that's what it looked like") "So you got back, under your own power? Do you think you can do it again?" "If so, can you carry something or someone with you? The team? A radio?" If a radio works, to Jason: "Can you dredge up a radio with a long-lived battery that will continually broadcast on frequencies the Dragonfly would receive?" ("Yes") If there's some way to establish communication, establishing a rendezvous would be our next step. If it's possible for Charlotte to bring people over, we can try to plan that - or figure out why it's a bad idea. And one more question for Charlotte, given what happened with Harry: "How long ago did you cross over? And have your friends in the cemetary reported seeing any Vyortovian forces visit the area? If not, we might expect some."
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
That sounds like a really interesting thing to do concurrently with Harry's dinner 'thing' with his dad, though we may need to rearrange who's going along with him for that. (I have a thought about that, actually.)
Doyce T. said: That sounds like a really interesting thing to do concurrently with Harry's dinner 'thing' with his dad, though we may need to rearrange who's going along with him for that. (I have a thought about that, actually.) If it's Concord.... that sounds like a horrible idea.&nbsp; :p
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike said: Doyce T. said: That sounds like a really interesting thing to do concurrently with Harry's dinner 'thing' with his dad, though we may need to rearrange who's going along with him for that. (I have a thought about that, actually.) If it's Concord.... that sounds like a horrible idea.&nbsp; :p They have a lot of questions about why Farlander was looking for a Keynome at your school...
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
"Your mother and I are interested. What have you kids been up to lately?" "Oh, you know, nothing special." Meanwhile, in a parallel universe...
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Leo has one more observation, depending on how much he heard people say. If we have Mercury's story of his initial transition, we know he saw the Dragonfly nearby. Coincidence? Or did whoever's on board (assumed to be Byron Quill & company for now) have a way of detecting dimensional transitions on their side? If the latter, AND if Alycia has been actively trying to open a barrier, AND if there's any correspondence between here & there when one passes through, we might be able to track her from the Sepiaverse side. It also makes sense that anyone in the Dragonfly would be trying to find ways home from their side, if that were possible at all and if they don't have the equipment to do it themselves.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Minor correction to a previous answer: the damage to the Sepiaverse city, as described by GG and Harry is definitely older than 2 years, but... less than 10?&nbsp; Harry would estimate it was more than 20 years of decay, while GG would guess a lot less. They'd both agree it appeared to be a mix of destruction on a massive scale (not one big bomb, for example, but hundreds or thousands of smaller but immensely damaging effects), more inimical weather conditions, and the sort of abandonment and regrowth as seen in Pripjat . (That Pripjat shot isn't particularly accurate to our situation, since in our situation the buildings were badly damaged, not just abandoned; in the words of my granddad, "the easiest way to bring down an old barn is chop a hole in the roof and wait a few years.")
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
(I crossposted with Bill's last thing, so don't read that as a reply to his questions/theories.)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
My theories are all crazy anyway.
Bill G. said: My theories are all crazy anyway. Actually, no, that all made a lot of sense, at least. I'm not sure about tracking Alycia down that way, but running into her on the Other Side wouldn't be a massive surprise. (Actually, I can just image Alycia finally generating the dimensional portal, turbines screaming, jacobs ladders laddering, kirbys krackling ... the portal opens ... there's a surprised Jason Quill already standing there in sepia. "Uh ... hi!" "Well, fuck."
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
It would be immensely gratifying to be ahead of her for once.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Doyce T. said: That sounds like a really interesting thing to do concurrently with Harry's dinner 'thing' with his dad, though we may need to rearrange who's going along with him for that. (I have a thought about that, actually.) I'm seriously considering having Silver Streak text back and postpone the thing with Harry til tomorrow, because of reasons (both IC and OOC) - too much stuff to cram into one night - people need to process.
people need to process Since when has that ever stopped us?&nbsp; (I am fine with pushing that off.)

Edited 1513209149
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
If it's in the cards, I'd actually love to see everyone along for whatever Streak has in mind - especially if it's giving us The Lecture, having us deal with disapproving HHL adults, or whatever. If that's possible by pushing it out a day in-game, I'm okay with that.

Edited 1513209932
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Yeah I was thinking of that yesterday - might be much better/more fun/horrible to do it all together. So we'll push that out a day. Lets everyone get in more trouble before then.