Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Semi-Experienced Player Looking To Play

Hey guys, I have been playing table top games for a few months now, mostly Pathfinder and D&D 4e. Over the holidays 2 of my games kinda fizzled out and it is unknown if they are ever going to pick up again. So I am looking to join a new group, and would prefer to be a group that is just starting fresh or just starting out. Name is Jason, and I am in my late 20's. I enjoy role playing a lot and I enjoy these kinds of games. I particularly like to create and play as out of the box characters. Gnome rogue that has a chip on his shoulder when he is called small, you got it. Raging hulking Orc Barbarian with the heart of gold? No problem. What about a Tiefling raised by a royal elf family as their son? Can do! And so much more. I am shy at first, but once I get in the groove of things I am quite active and compassionate to the role that I am playing and I get along great with others. I am always on time, and if I am not, I tend to send a message 24 - 12 hours before game time if I am not going to make it or that I might be late unless it is an emergency. I make it a habit to arrive 1 hour early if not earlier so I have a chance to talk with my fellow members, plot, do some house cleaning of what happened last time, or just in general hangout and chat a while. I am more familiar and prefer to play Pathfinder, but I wouldn't mind a D&D 4e game either. I like games that are 50% narrative, 25% exploring, and 25% combat. I want to feel like my character is part of a world, not part of a train track. I don't mind written adventures, but I like open world campaigns a lot better as it gives me a lot more to work with when I am creating characters, thinking of ideas on what to do, and so on. The two kinds of games I have been really wanting to do is either a pirate campaign or an evil campaign, but over all I am good with what ever so long as everyone is having fun. The days that I am free are mostly Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from anytime after 7:00PM EST.
Would you at all be interested in One Ring RPG? I'm seeking to find players. 7 PM Friday EST. I had a group that was seeking a GM, I stepped up, but middle of the night a few hours ago, one guy sent me a message that they all joined a D&D next game. This would be lord of the rings set after the Hobbit, 40% narrative / RP, 30% exploring / wilderness challenges, 30% combat. There will be some pre-written adventures, but also a lot of player choices as to what to do, where to go. But it won't be a pirate or an evil campaign. More like heroes of Middle Earth take on challenges, trying not to get sucked in to the touch of evil / shadow, as they journey across the lands, having adventures, mostly in the wilderness near Mirkwood. (The default setting for the game). I also have a lot of the old Iron Crown Middle Earth modules, for the MERP RPG from 1984-1990.
I have a game based in the Divine Comedy Inferno you are going through Hell, it's every Wednesday 9:30 pm GMT UK time, are you interested. It's heavy on rping and though fighting is an option, it's not wholly necessary.
Trollkin: I love the LOTR and Hobbit books as well as the movies. I would indeed be into that, but if it is a whole new set of rules different from D&D 4e or Pathfinder I might need some time to get use to the system as I would be a complete noob to it. Vernon: Not too familiar with Divine Comedy Inferno but it would sound fun. Unfortunatly that would be around 4:30PM my time and I am not free Wensdays as it is. Sorry.
Still looking for a game to join, hopefully one for tomorrow or Tuesday.
I've just started a Call of Cthulhu game that hasn't run yet. If being the big damn hero and suffering a horrible twisted death are your things, this is the game for you