Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Same IP problems

Why can't i play roll20 with the same ip address? I have multiple machines at my home and i have never had an issue with this before? I connected the first time today with no issues, after that it runs so slow it drops the connection. I updated my chrome to the latest today so i am up to date. Also i am getting the red connection message before the game loads and it hangs up there for a long time. That has been happening since the last update. I had no issues with that before this. Anyone else have the same problems?
Nobody has an answer for this?

Edited 1513364302
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I personally have never had issues running games when myself and two of the players are all on the same internal network while others players are not in the house, so all I can do is offer some suggestions and our troubleshooting guide. Firstly, what happens if you roll back to Chrome 62?  Others have been reporting issues with Chrome 63 and Roll20 so perhaps this is falling under that umbrella. Secondly, where are you located physically in the world?  Perhaps your ISP is having routing issues. Thirdly, you wouldn't believe how many times this fixes things, would you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log, starting at table loadup!) Thank you!
So i tested this today with my brother and i can't even get it to connect to your servers with just me. I get the red error message and it just hangs. I am updated to the latest version of chrome and i did the troubleshooting and nothing happens. It even hangs up when i try to go to the status site. I have changed nothing on my end so it has to be a problem with the roll20 servers as is everything else runs fine on my end.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Ok, so what happens when you try firefox?  What happens when you roll back to Chrome 62 or 61?
I just saw steve's post in another thread and he is aware of the problem and says he is working on a fix! Yay!