Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Grouped tokens and automatic align to grid

tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
SInce last upade (rugged reroll), there is a new automatic action very annoying for me : I have a token made of 2 grouped tokens (horse + riding character), on a hex grid enabled map. When i want to select it, i click on it , say i click on the horse. => the horse token automatically align to the hex grid, and the character token doesn't move ! Too bad, because it breaks the relative position of horse & rider ! if i alt+click, only the single token -the horse here - is selected. If i click on another single token (which is not part of a group), it doesn't move at all, even if it is not aligned to the grid! Is it a way to select my grouped token while keeping the relative positions of all individual tokens, and without aligning it to the grid?
Gauss
Forum Champion
What is probably happening is that when you doubleclick you are accidentally moving the first token selected before the group engages. Try dragging a selection box over the group instead.
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't doubleclick, i singleclick. You're right, with a selectionbox it's ok, but it's not really intuitive to do this for my players...
Gauss
Forum Champion
When the group is not selected single click only moves one token in a group. You need to doubleclick to move an entire group. What I said still applies, what is probably happening is that when you click that first time there is a minor movement before you release the mouse. I will let the Devs know that the timing may need to be changed to prevent this. Additionally, Ctrl+Z will undo the movement if you are a GM.
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
Gauss said: When the group is not selected single click only moves one token in a group. You need to doubleclick to move an entire group. I see what you say. Mousedown and drag moves only one token in a group. But what i do is click and release, just to select the group. Then mousedown again and drag to move the group. => so its a double click in fact, just longer. :) If i click & release, the group is selected, but the token clicked on align to the grid. I would like just to select the group. I don't think it's because any mouse move. I tried many times, it always happens. It's an automatic move, just like when you really move a single token : at he end it aligns itself to the nearest square or hex. But for a single token, it happens only if you really move it, not if you click&release on it. For a token in a group , it happens too when you just click & release. Why !?