Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Character portraits in the Text-chat window

Even if Roll20 features video and voice chat, it also has a text-chat window with some good features: speaking of the latter, I'd like to suggest that when a player submits something in the text-chat window, the message appears with a thumbnail of her character's portrait. This looks nice in VTTs, and additionally it helps to quickly identify what player and what character is making dice rolls, typing what she's saying or doing, etc. This feature could be optional, subjected to be enabled or disabled by the host for people not wanting to see character portraits - thumbnails in a given game.
I very strongly second this, it adds a greater feel of "this character is talking"
Exactly. It adds immersion in my opinion.
Noted :)
I very strongly second this, it adds a greater feel of "this character is talking" And not just for Player Characters: It would be also very useful for Non Player Characters in the Roll20 Journal of the game master: I mean, "speaking as NPC" along with "showing that NPC portrait" at the same time in the text chat window.