Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D5] Put dice formula in attributes box.

Edited 1513362176
Hi everyone, I'm stuck with a functionnality, it's possible to put dice formula in a box of attribute ? I want to put random HP for my monster. I want to use the API make by Aaron (thanks to him), but i can't put dice formula (like 2d6), in attribute box named for example HitDice. How it's work ?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
When you say you can't put the dice formula in the attribute, can you screenshot where you're trying to do it and how?  I assume you're talking about using MonsterHitDice?
Hi, thanks for your answer. I use MonsterHitDice, and i try to put the dice for HP here :  I'm sure, i'm doing something wrong....

Edited 1513707712
I put the formula in the "Hit Dice" box on the monster sheet and then use this macro and Token Mod, like 3D8+2. !token-mod --set bar1_max|[[@{selected|hitdice}]] !token-mod --set bar1_reset|
I try this too, it dosen't work.
Someone can take à screen shot to show the box when i need to put the formula ? Thanks.

Edited 1513956895
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
First, go to your campaign settings page, look for API settings in the dropdown to the right. =========================== Then go to API scripts, and add TokenMod select token mod and scroll down to click Add Script. ============================= Now, enter your campaign, and setup your monster as you did in the screenshot above: =========================== Almost done! Now create a macro, with the text suggested by Al e above. Set that as a Token action, and save that macro. ===================== Now you are ready. Drag the monster token onto the map, make sure its selected, and run the macro. It will fill bar1 with a random roll of hit points. The neat thing is, you only need do this once. It will work for every monster that has HitDice setup, and you can drag any number of tokens from the same monster and roll their Hit Points separately. Hope that helps!
It's work ! I reboot all the procedure and reconfigure all things with your instruction and it's ok now ! Thanks a lot.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yay! You're welcome :)