Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Primary Sighting token, single player mode

I play as GM and I have a single player screen at the same time, at a tabletop. So the players look at the player screen. What I have noticed is that one token generally becomes the focal point of light determination. I know there is a macro that will float the active token, but is it possible to just set which token has the light focus? A single command to set a token as the current light source.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Something could probably be written, depending on what you mean.  Observer will focus the sight to only the token whose turn it currently is, which might do what you want.  It's intended for either local play or having a stream view.
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
could use tokenmod API script to turn off one token's sight and turn on anothe'rs as they change turns, maybe? 
SO what I would like, and this would be handy in online as well, is for a button that will set a selected token as the current viewer, and allow all other players to see what that token sees. So say a rogue goes upto a corner and looks around, and then proceeds to tell everyone what he sees (or her). The button would display the view he sees to all the other players (even tho failure to communicate is fun). Then you switch it back to the active token. In a tabletop game with a single screen it would override 'Observer' (or the strange default which I think might be first token out or soemthing but certainly isnt the active token)  to allow you to nominate who the current observer is, then switch back to the active token. All via a button.  It would also be useful where their is an ability to see through others eyes, which could allow you to use a npc token.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You could certainly use TokenMod to add all players to it: !token-mod --set controlledby|+all and then you can remove it with: !token-mod --set controlledby|-all
Well that sort of works, but you need to trigger a change of initiative to get it to update.  But isn't that sort of what Observer does in a more controlled way. By the way my Observer doesn't seem to work.  I type in --help to get the menu, and !observer --add list name... the characters names (7 players, space separated) and nothing changes. Do you need to have an empty queue at this time, start a new queue ? 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That is sort of what observer does for an individual token, though it's adding and removing the observer player(s), rather than "all".  I guess I'm not clear on what you mean by active token.   You shouldn't need an empty queue at all.  When you add !observer --help I'm assuming you get the help listed.  It should list the players that are currently observers with the option to remove them.  You are using the player's name with --add and not the token or character's name?
Ohhhhhhhh!!!! Player names.... ohhhh I see...goodness me, that works!  Merry christmas and happy new year Aaron. :)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ah!  Great!  Glad it was something simple. Cheers!