Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Pages won't load, "Active page undefined"

This is the first major issue I've really experienced using Roll20; it's been great so far, but now I've hit a problem that needs urgent attention. After making a few changes to a campaign, I find that I am no longer able to see any of the pages I have created. I would have just started over but it's taken me a long time to piece together (along with the jukebox playlist) and we're due to start playing in roughly 3 hours! I've followed all the steps on your troubleshooting page; cleared the cache and what have you, and I even tried to open the campaign on another computer to no avail. When I log in, I get the ad screen as normal, then when the countdown reaches 0 it just stays there for a while, then it shows the background image (the grey canvas-like texture that shows off the edge of the page). If I scroll horizontally I end up seeing a small white square, probably 200*200px in size but no tokens, no backgrounds or anything. I loaded another campaign of mine which works fine. I believe the problem occurred when I switched the voice and video from WebRTC to None; I thought that was the cause of my problem (for whatever reason) but after switching it back, nothing has changed. I created copies of the campaign, even without the pages, to see if I could salvage it, but I get the same problem. I took a peek in the console and I saw a few errors marked out, typically stating that the active page was undefined. I'll leave a copy of the console log at the bottom of this post. I am running on Windows XP SP3 using Firefox 26.0 and I have not had this problem in the past. I believe it it something within the code of that particular campaign. Like I said, I love Roll20 and have had great fun with it so far, but this is a potential disaster! I don't have the time to build up everything from scratch in time for our scheduled play and I don't think everyone will be free for another week or two. Please help as soon as you can. Thank you in advance. (Campaign is "Temper". GURPS lite 4e. There are two copies.) Here is what the console says: 17:25:30.286 "TB.setLogLevel(5)" TB.min.js:32 17:25:30.286 "OpenTok JavaScript library v2.0.16" TB.min.js:32 17:25:30.286 "Release notes: <a href="http://www.tokbox.com/opentok/webrtc/docs/js/rele" rel="nofollow">http://www.tokbox.com/opentok/webrtc/docs/js/rele</a>... TB.min.js:32 17:25:30.286 "Known issues: <a href="http://www.tokbox.com/opentok/webrtc/docs/js/rele" rel="nofollow">http://www.tokbox.com/opentok/webrtc/docs/js/rele</a>... TB.min.js:32 17:25:30.286 "TB.setLogLevel(5)" TB.min.js:32 17:25:30.430 70 app.js:21 17:25:30.476 "TOUCH SUPPORTED: false" app.js:22 17:25:30.479 "USING WEBGL ACCELERATION" app.js:22 17:25:30.604 "Switch mode to select" app.js:17 17:25:30.716 "Initializing new dice engine with ranomness..." app.js:31 17:25:30.717 "Using random entropy" app.js:31 17:25:30.762 "window resize" app.js:33 17:25:30.779 "UPDATE GL SIZE!" app.js:22 17:25:30.834 "tuts loaded" tutorial_tips.js:7 17:25:32.033 "autograv" app.js:33 17:25:32.836 "Final page load." app.js:27 17:25:32.848 "Scan for new plays!" app.js:27 17:25:32.979 "Auth'ed." app.js:27 17:25:32.979 "Go post auth!" app.js:27 17:25:32.996 "Scan for new plays!" app.js:27 17:25:34.718 "initial setup" app.js:27 17:25:34.732 "specific changed!" app.js:27 17:25:34.834 "refershing page listings!" app.js:29 17:25:34.866 "Got players value..." app.js:27 17:25:34.871 "joining game..." app.js:27 17:25:34.885 "Player -J6VIMCV54TyT2p9fLrK is offline..." app.js:26 17:25:34.898 "Player -J7Oouskkj-xAoUyPZn9 is offline..." app.js:26 17:25:34.899 "Player -J7OpOj2tCXYVty6mFy- is offline..." app.js:26 17:25:34.901 "Player -J7OzCaWQ_Y-6uph2JkT is offline..." app.js:26 17:25:34.902 "Player -J7OzNbyx0iiNFSOG1VM is offline..." app.js:26 17:25:34.903 "Deferred finish joining..." app.js:27 17:25:34.905 "Firebase Online" app.js:21 17:25:35.041 "Full load page!" app.js:25 17:25:35.181 "We have 5 pages" app.js:27 17:25:35.193 "handle page changes" app.js:27 17:25:35.193 [object Object] app.js:27 17:25:35.194 "ERROR: Unable to find Page for ID: -J7oAqwTSB1f23zNA_eG" app.js:27 17:25:35.335 "refershing page listings!" app.js:29 17:25:35.383 "Do refresh link cache!" app.js:24 17:25:36.163 "init active page!" app.js:27 17:25:36.163 "ERROR when initialize active page: no active page found." app.js:27 17:25:36.182 "Search took 15ms" app.js:32 17:25:36.190 "initiatlizing video chat" app.js:32 17:25:36.277 "Connecting to WebRTC" app.js:32 17:25:36.281 "Error while initiatlizing video chat." app.js:32 17:25:36.281 [object Exception] app.js:32 17:25:36.871 "attr view!" app.js:28 17:25:36.971 "window resize" app.js:33 17:25:36.982 "UPDATE GL SIZE!" app.js:22 17:25:38.191 "window resize" app.js:33 17:25:38.201 "UPDATE GL SIZE!" app.js:22 17:25:38.475 "Cols: 2 Rows: 2" app.js:21 17:25:38.587 "Took 111ms to generate cache." app.js:21 17:25:38.587 "Cols: 2 Rows: 2" app.js:21 17:25:38.638 "Took 50ms to generate cache." app.js:21 17:25:38.638 "Cols: 2 Rows: 2" app.js:21 17:25:38.689 "Took 51ms to generate cache." app.js:21 17:25:38.690 "Cols: 2 Rows: 2" app.js:21 17:25:38.740 "Took 50ms to generate cache." app.js:21 17:25:38.779 "Cols: 2 Rows: 2" app.js:21 17:25:38.944 "Took 164ms to generate cache." app.js:21 17:25:38.976 TypeError: d20.Campaign.activePage(...) is undefined app.js:24 17:25:38.997 "Cols: 2 Rows: 2" app.js:21 17:25:39.122 TypeError: d20.Campaign.activePage(...) is undefined app.js:24 17:25:39.122 "Took 125ms to generate cache." app.js:21 17:25:39.123 "Cols: 2 Rows: 2" app.js:21 17:25:39.171 TypeError: d20.Campaign.activePage(...) is undefined app.js:24 17:25:39.171 "Took 48ms to generate cache." app.js:21 17:25:39.172 "Cols: 2 Rows: 2" app.js:21 17:25:39.221 TypeError: d20.Campaign.activePage(...) is undefined app.js:24 17:25:39.221 "Took 49ms to generate cache." app.js:21 17:25:39.221 "Cols: 2 Rows: 2" app.js:21 17:25:39.270 TypeError: d20.Campaign.activePage(...) is undefined app.js:24 17:25:39.270 "Took 49ms to generate cache." app.js:21 17:25:39.271 TypeError: d20.Campaign.activePage(...) is undefined app.js:24 17:25:40.200 no element found ClientEvent:1 17:25:47.173 "handle page changes" app.js:27 17:25:47.173 [object Object] app.js:27 17:25:47.173 "ERROR: Unable to find Page for ID: -J7oAqwTSB1f23zNA_eG" app.js:27 17:25:47.174 TypeError: this.activePage(...) is undefined app.js:27 17:25:55.071 TypeError: e.activePage(...) is undefined app.js:27 17:25:55.085 "window resize" app.js:33 17:25:55.097 "UPDATE GL SIZE!" app.js:22 17:30:30.640 GET <a href="https://app.roll20.net/editor/ping/5/134" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/editor/ping/5/134</a> [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 562ms] 17:30:34.926 GET <a href="https://app.roll20.net/editor/updatefromrt/235207" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/editor/updatefromrt/235207</a>... [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 734ms] 17:33:32.630 "autograv" app.js:33 17:35:30.630 GET <a href="https://app.roll20.net/editor/ping/5/304" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/editor/ping/5/304</a> [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 484ms]
Could you post a screenshot?
Wasn't sure if the image was shrunk down when I tried to post it, so here's a link to the full res version. <a href="http://i.imgur.com/yaVZ6aF.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/yaVZ6aF.png</a> Hope this illustrates what I mean.
1389982180

Edited 1389982524
Just to to get a dumb question out of the way, did you try adjusting the zoom on the map? I don't think that's the problem, but might as well check the easy stuff first.
Yes I zoomed to 10% then to 100% but got no change. Whenever I click on the pages in the tab it won't go to the page I clicked on. Sometimes it leaves none of the pages highlighted, like I'm stuck in limbo with it.
1389982534

Edited 1389982645
Is that duckduckgo toolbar new to you? Sometimes those things cause conflicts with Roll20, though I haven't heard of that one specifically. Make sure you disable all the plugins and toolbars. You don't have to remove them, just disable. You can re-enable them later if it's not the cause.
I've been using all the script blockers and toolbars you can see since I started using Roll20, really. I made sure to enable all of the important aspects of Roll20, since I only use them to stop trackers and other ad-targeting software.
Also, have any of your players checked the campaign? Are they seeing the same thing?
I just sent a link to a player and they can see the pages, and I can even move them around with the bookmark. It appears to be only me (as GM) who can't see it.
Okay. Can you try disabling all your plugins at once? Even if it wasn't causing trouble before, sometimes those get tripped by the weirdest things and suddenly start causing problems. I want to be sure we can rule that out as a source of the issue.
Just gave it a shot, but still no dice. ... Excuse me. All add-ons are now off, but I still can't see anything.
Have you tried to see if it works for you in Chrome? Just trying to narrow it all down to what it might be.
Doesn't work on chrome either.
If it makes you feel better I also have the same problem.
Never mind :) fixed mine by getting rid of a extension :) thank you
1389984282

Edited 1389984302
Raven, do you know what extension it was?
1389984302

Edited 1389984327
Gid
Roll20 Team
Edit: Oops! Nevermind. :)
Winmp :(
Thanks, Raven!
Just thought I should mention, the other player I linked to the campaign is sitting in the same room as me, I play with other players in america and the UK, so it just works using Roll20. That said, I tried to log in to the campaign on my own account on her computer, but got the same problem, but when she used her own account on that very same PC, she could see everything (as a player), even when I shifted the bookmark to another page. Is there a possibility it's related to my account in some way?
Welcome welcome ^-^
L E. just asking but if u made another account and shifted it to gm would that work?
L.E. Now that you've logged out of Roll20, try clearing your cache and then logging back in as yourself. See if that helps at all.
1389985339

Edited 1389985472
Still no luck. :( I've got Firefox set to clear my cache every time I close the browser, but I did it manually just to be certain. And Raven, it may work as a temporary fix, but I won't have access to all of my uploaded graphics (I'm guessing?) so I won't be able to finish off some of the pages I've been working on. EDIT: I tried rejoining as a player instead of GM, but I still get the same problem.
Okay. One more thing to try: Copy/Extend the campaign and see if you're still having the same trouble with the copy.
I already made a few copies before, even trying without the pages so it only kept journals/handouts etc. but still can't load any new pages.
Can you clarify what precisely you mean by "still can't load any new pages"?
I mean when I start the campaign up without the old pages on it, the standard 25x25 blank page doesn't show up, just as before in the original version of the campaign.
Thanks for explaining that further for me, L E. I'm passing this up to the Devs to take a look at.
Thank you for all your help so far. :) Still got an hour and a half til we're scheduled to play, and we already ruled out a lot of problems. Hopefully we can sort this in time. Thanks again.
The original "Temper" campaign should be fixed. It looks like somehow you assigned yourself to a specific page, then deleted that page? It's not supposed to let you do that so I'll look into it further, but your game should be fixed :-)
Thank you for your fast response. :) It is indeed working again; the game can go on as planned. Thanks once again for your help, Sarah and Riley. If we ever meet in person, I'll buy you both a drink.