Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [P2P] [5E] Post-apocalyptic campaign set in the Midgard setting

Edited 1514583816
The World of Midgard The age of heroes is dead, and the bridge to glory is broken— Bifrost fell long ago. The world is lost in an age of war, of dark wilderness and lost empires sunk beneath the waves. Only magic and the warmth of hope keeps lights aglow when dread things prowl and the priestly wardings shake, bent by hideous demonic rage. In this dark time, new heroes must arise to claim the crowns of Midgard, and restore the jewels to her scattered thrones. New heroes must lead a return to glory! The campaign will be held in the Midgard setting by Kobold Press with homebrew modifications to the politics and magic set in the world, although the official 5e conversion of the pathfinder setting is not out yet. (since they keep pushing it back!!) Chaos in the world The midgard setting was originally created with ley lines which are the source of different types of magic which, though invisible to normal sight, allowed spellcasters (both divine and arcane) to empower their spells.... cough or kill themselves. However, in this campaign, something or someone has caused the ley lines to burnout and thus created chaos amongst the world. The different elements such as fire, ice, air, etc. have been set loose in the atmosphere and created massive dangerous chaos storms all over Midgard. As a result, the gearforged and all the clockwork magic has ceased to function throughout the world. New ways to create magic items In this campaign, you have control over your magic items. You will not find a shiny +1 shortsword that once belonged to a kobold king , but instead you will find fragments or shards of different elements which you can then use to augment your spells, create a new spell or even enchant your equipment! You tell me what you would like to attempt with shard or fragment, and then the rolls will decide what happens! The only limit is your creativity ! Nevertheless, there are still ancient relics that hold power beyond the understanding of even the oldest wizards and shamans. New ways to use your weapons Sometimes, the combat rules in 5e are so simple that players don't get as much control over their weapons as they would like to. You want to do a special attack? Well, you're going to have to pick this feat, or this feat... As an addition to the combat system, every weapon gets two new special strikes using the Beyond Damage Dice pdf by Kobold Press . Exemple: - Greatsword, Arcing Slash. When you attack with a greatsword, you may choose to target two creatures within your reach with a single attack. This attack uses the same attack roll for both targets and deals slashing damage equal to 1d6 plus your strength modifier to each target. New races Midgard is home to various races that aren't available in a normal d&d 5e game set in the forgotten realms setting. This is your chance to explore the kingdoms as a centaur , or perhaps a trollkin or even a ravenfolk ! This new world lets your pick one of the following new races amongst all the others published by WOTC (with my approval): - Alseid - Centaur - Dragonkin - Ghoul - Kobold - Minotaur - Ravenfolk - Shadow fey - Trollkin A new system based on reputation The Midgard setting also introduces a new optional rule which we will be using in this campaign: the status rule. Your actions have consequences and are reflected on your status number which helps to determine your reputation and your influence in certain areas. The Midgard world is very vast and each of the seven kingdoms have a different view on status. A certain city may have fought through slavery and have had all the nobles thrown out and as a result, those who are more wealthy will be frown upon or even kept from entering the city. In other places, such as in the Northlands, honor means everything . Rules Most rules will be RAW and the optional rules such as flanking will be voted on. There will also be one special rule to keep things realistic when it comes to deaths. We will be using Critical Role's resurrection rules found&nbsp; here&nbsp; and the 3-strike rule where if you go down 3 times in a same fight, you are considered dead. As for character creation, these will be the guidelines: - Characters will start at level 3 - Stats will be chosen via 27 point buy or rolled (you guys decide together) - Starting equipment is your class and background's equipment - You also get to roll your starting gold for your class - Status will be rolled as 1d6 + 1 (before class and race adjustments) Additional info & applications The time and day of the game are yet to be chosen with the players. I am in the EST timezone and I am unavailable before 7PM on most days. This will be a weekly game. As discussed with the current players, the&nbsp;game will most likely be on Fridays around 7:30PM EST. I am looking for 4-6 committed players to take part in this new journey with me. This campaign is meant to be played as a roleplay experience with politics and combat where players are invested in the campaign. My ideal goal is to form a group of people who get along well and eventually get rid of the pay to play. &nbsp; The money will be used for the Pro subscription and to cover other fees for the campaign. I like to use the APIs and other scripts to enhance the gameplay experience. Before jumping straight into the campaign, we may play a one shot just to make sure everyone gets along so we can all enjoy a fun campaign together. The first few games are awkward for everyone! If you are interested, please send me a private message or post&nbsp; here (game listing)&nbsp;with the following format: - Name: - Age: - Timezone: - Roleplay experience: - A bit about yourself: If you have any questions or simply wish to talk, feel free to hop on this discord server: <a href="https://discord.gg/nSkXFvE" rel="nofollow">https://discord.gg/nSkXFvE</a> --------------------------------------------- This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $5/month per player via PayPal . Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.
bump
We have 3 current players; looking for a few more!
I would love to join. Lmk what the next step I should take is.
Hey Alexander, Just make an application in the game listing and come meet us in our discord channel (you can find the link in the post above) and see if we are a fit!
- Name: Austin Mitchell - Age: 21 - Timezone: Mountain time - Roleplay experience: I have been playing DnD for many years however im usually the DM as my friends don't quite get the rules but we have fun haha im hoping to be a player this time around.&nbsp; - A bit about yourself: im a respectful guy who just enjoys immersion and role playing i dont rule lawyer or cheat as i find that takes away from the fantasy feel when you end up taking a break to debate a rule i respect the DM decisions haha.&nbsp;
any chance this could be pathfinder instead of 5e? &gt;_&gt;
diablo112383 said: any chance this could be pathfinder instead of 5e? &gt;_&gt; Unfortunately, this will remain a 5e game.

Edited 1513612855
- Name: Nick Mead - Age: 18 - Timezone: EST - Roleplay experience: 250+ hours of experience tabletop, including GMing and PCing - A bit about yourself: College student, currently writing a novel, largely because I love storytelling and usually consider that central to any campaign I play. Love character-building, interacting with others and helping to tell their story, as well as pure dice-rolling and combat. EDIT: I can't read, there's already a Discord server.
- Name: Patrick Waickman&nbsp; - Age: 33 - Timezone: EST - Roleplay experience: ~2 year 4E campaign. More recently another 6 months of a mix of 5E and homebrew. Don't know if it counts as experience, but I love D&D podcasts, too. - A bit about yourself: Part - time massage therapist, part-time stay at home dad. I'm fun loving, sarcastic, and enjoy gaming most when everyone is invested in collaborating on telling a story.&nbsp;The only caveat, and I want to be up front about this, is that due to physical limitations my wife isn't able to put my son to bed by herself. Aiming for a natural break, I'll have to drop off and help with that. It'd be somewhere from 8:00-9:30 for about 10-15 minutes.
Patrick W. said: - Name: Patrick Waickman&nbsp; - Age: 33 - Timezone: EST - Roleplay experience: ~2 year 4E campaign. More recently another 6 months of a mix of 5E and homebrew. Don't know if it counts as experience, but I love D&D podcasts, too. - A bit about yourself: Part - time massage therapist, part-time stay at home dad. I'm fun loving, sarcastic, and enjoy gaming most when everyone is invested in collaborating on telling a story.&nbsp;The only caveat, and I want to be up front about this, is that due to physical limitations my wife isn't able to put my son to bed by herself. Aiming for a natural break, I'll have to drop off and help with that. It'd be somewhere from 8:00-9:30 for about 10-15 minutes. Hey Patrick, Hop on our discord server (link can be found above) and come meet the current players and see if you would be a good fit with us!
We are still looking for a few more players who would be a good fit with the rest of the group!
The one-shot is scheduled for this Friday at 7:30PM EST, but we are still short a player or two! Send me a message if interested :)
We have done the one shot, but we are still looking for one more player or two!