Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Toggle Macro Bar & Token Actions Display

Apologies in advance if this has already been addressed and answered elsewhere.  I did look for it in the Wiki but couldn't find anything.  If it has been addressed, then please direct me to the appropriate place.  :) OK, now down to business.  I only use Token Actions anymore for macros, but this also applies to the Macro Bar as well.  The reason why I switched from the Macro Bar and to the Token Actions is because if you have a large set of macro buttons and the Macro Bar screen/area (sorry, not sure of the technical term) takes up a large section of the screen and blocks it. This issue was somewhat resolved with the addition of Token Actions buttons for macros because the screen only appears when you click on a specific token, but, otherwise, the screen is free of a large set of macros.   However, if you do have a large set of macros associated with Token Actions, then the same issue of screen blockage arises when you select a token.  In addition to the blockage of the screen by the Token Actions display, an issue of being able to click on other features on the screen like other tokens for targeting and such arises as well. I thought it would be a good feature if you were somehow able to toggle the Macro Bar and the Token Actions display on/off whether or not a token is currently selected.   This feature would allow a Player to view the full screen while on a selected token without interference from the macro display, and be able to select other tokens on the screen for targeting and other things without having to move the screen the around, and/or resizing the screen in/out constantly. Before I take this to the Suggestion thread I wanted to make it sure it wasn't already a feature that I just am not able to find. Thank you.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This could be done with Stylish, though it would require you to toggle the rules on and off, which might be more work than you want to do. You could also make the bars smaller, by renaming the macros shorter. I have a whole series of macros that are named with one character emojis:
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Way cool keithvurtis. how did you do that?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Rightclick on any button in your bottom macro bar. You can change the color or the name. You can type or paste an emoji in there if you wish. If your system doesn't have an emoji picker, there are numerous copy and paste sites on the web that help you look for the right one. Some notes: Emojis are not a font. They vary by the OS, so the ones I screen shotted from my Chromebook look different on my Mac (all devices of a particular OS will look the same as one another, though) You can also use them in chat, macros, character attributes and so on. I use the play-stop emojis in my  soundboard macro , for instance. Just in case (since not everyone is aware), you can also change the order of the macros by hovering over them and grabbing the handle on the right hand side of any button. Coloring and reordering do not work for token macros.
keithcurtis , Thank you!  I appreciate the suggestion.  
Gold
Forum Champion
Cool thread. I didn't know you could use Emoji for the macro label names. keith, is it better to get an emoji-picker working on my Mac, or is there Emoji-picker for Chrome/Firefox browsers, or is it easiest just to go to some emoji-indexing webpage and copy-paste? I would like to go thru my macros and rename a lot of them to emojis. Drohem, this would be a valid Suggestion for the Suggestions forum. This would be a new Suggestion as I don't recall seeing the "Toggle" idea posted before. However there are some other related Suggestions, that are different in various ways. Mainly asking to Color code the Token Actions bar, be able to resize the token actions and macro quick bar areas (that's closely related to the toggle idea), add Hotkey access, and make Collapsable menus. Best recent: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4356176/moving-m" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4356176/moving-m</a>... Hotkeys: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4631960/hotkeys-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4631960/hotkeys-</a>... Closed but still has some good ideas: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1246900/colour-c" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1246900/colour-c</a>... Since you mentioned it, the actual term for the bottom of screen area is "Macro Quick Bar". I guess that the other area could be called the "Token Actions quick bar" but it's really just known as the "Token Actions".
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gold said: Cool thread. I didn't know you could use Emoji for the macro label names. keith, is it better to get an emoji-picker working on my Mac, or is there Emoji-picker for Chrome/Firefox browsers, or is it easiest just to go to some emoji-indexing webpage and copy-paste? I would like to go thru my macros and rename a lot of them to emojis. I think the main issue you need to deal with is that not all platforms support every emoji. For instance, Apple doesn't have the Wizard emoji (though they might on iOS now, they just released a lot). Fortunately, if you use an emoji picking website, it won't display an emoji you don't have for the platform you're viewing it on. So if you primarily use the Mac to game with, search and develop your emoji macro names while on the Mac. I generally hate the emojis as displayed on a Chromebook, for instance and don't make any choices while using one. The site I use most often is&nbsp; this , which has the advantage of showing closely related emojis if available. You might find a better one than your search term would have otherwise turned up.
Gold, thank you as well!&nbsp; Much appreciated.&nbsp; :)