Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking to try DW or AW

I have been following AW and DW, but not have yet bought the rules. I like the idea A LOT, but would like to try the rules before jumping in. Any games going on or any GM's wanting to start one?
AW = ? DW = Dragon Warriors?
Apocolypse World and Dungeon World ..... new games from a new game system!
Hi Tommy, I'm in the same boat.  Both look very interesting, DW more so for me, but I've held off purchasing them.  I'd like to try  a game or two first.
I willing to try any of them I just want to get a few games under my belt and I will start GMing somne myself.
BTW Rudedd, I too have held off until I know if I am going to play a game.
Yeah, I know the system. Acronyms can be pretty meaningless considering the glut of repetition. Thanks for clearing that up.
Sorry, was trying to fit as much in such a small space!
No biggy. Acronyms giveth... Long as peeps know what you want.
I might be inclined to run it for you if there's interest. I've got a lot of experience running Dungeon World and work from the last beta before they went to print. I'm on Eastern time zone and am generally free during weeknights with notice.
I am quite interested, any evening given enough time frame to change plans as long as it is not Thurs, Fri or Sat. Sorry, I run a game on Thursdays and well my wife steals Fri and sat!
I'd be interested, pretty much any day but Wednesday or Thursday could work for me with some notice.  I'm also up for a later start say 9 or 9:30pm if that works for a demo game.
Two Monday's from now? Feb 18th?
I'll run with 3 or 4 players.Tuesday the 19th works better for me. 9 pm start is good by me. A 2 to 3 hour game is a lot of Dungeon World, plenty to get a feel for the system.
I am down for the 19th, thanks Iserith!
No problem, it's one of my fav's. As per the book's suggestion, we'll be doing... surprise... a dungeon! I'll start a campaign for it and link it accordingly tomorrow.
Okay, I turned on LFG. Click here for the invite. Rudedd and Tommy R. already have dibs.
Looks like we're at 3 out of 4 players. I'll run with 3, but will take one more if anyone's interested.
We still have 2 weeks .... should be easy to find one more, if not I have a few game friends I know were interested. BTW, are we making character's during the game and what kind of knowledge should we have coming in?
We got our 4th! Recruiting will be closed for now. If anyone should have to drop, we'll open 'er back up. We'll be making our characters during the game as the process is collaborative. Don't worry about having any knowledge coming in. If you have any sort of knowledge of fantasy tropes, you'll do just fine. I've put the premise in the campaign description and added some links to resources including character sheets in the campaign forum. Thanks for the opportunity to introduce you all to Dungeon World!