Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Gamma World 1e] Support Thread

MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Hello Everyone, I worked a Gamma World 1e character sheet, modified from the Metamorphosis Alpha 1e character sheet. I've copied the Metamorphosis Alpha 1e CSS for the Gamma World 1e CSS. I updated the character sheet to include Small, Man-Sized and Large opponents, 16 weapon classes with data from the Physical Attack Matrix I and the Mental Attack Matrix. I'm working on the Physical Attack Matrix II (by Hit Dice). I'm still new to GitHub so I'm not sure if I set up the Pull correctly. Any help appreciated. /Matt

Edited 1514623719
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I can see your two pull requests on the repo. ( #3290 and  #3291 ) That's good. Normally you need to include a preview image of the sheet and a  sheet.json file as well.  The roll20 repo manager will probably create a sheet folder for you, but you'll probably need to create a sheet.json and image.  Also, normally you can just make one pr and any additional changes/updates can be included as commits to that pr.  Cheers
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Hello Vince, Yep, I figured I got it wrong the first time out but also that kind folks would help out. Thanks! I tried to create a sheet folder but it wasn’t working. I added the CSS file as the second pull 3291. As soon as I see a folder, I’ll do the .json file, readme and image. Thanks! /Matt

Edited 1514681561
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You should be able to just create a folder locally (on your fork of the roll20 repo) that includes all your files.  I use the github windows gui.  It automatically detects the changes on my local fork.  I submit my local changes to my online github account, then submit a pr from my online account to roll20's repo.  Any changes I made to my fork locally are included in my pr.  Any additional changes get added to the same pr.  Hope this helps.  Github is kind of difficult until you get a method/process down.
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Hello Vince, I created a folder on my local fork, put in the files (.html, .css, sheet.json, images) and commited the changes. I checked the .json file using the .json checker but it did not recognize the “html” line and stopped there, so I don’t know if the sheet.json is correct. /Matt

Edited 1514743484
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Maybe post your sheet.json here.&nbsp; &nbsp;I've used&nbsp; <a href="https://jsonlint.com/" rel="nofollow">https://jsonlint.com/</a> for validating.&nbsp; Seems different validators should be checking the same things...&nbsp;
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Hello Vince, I’ll check out that .json validator and post my sheet.json when I have the chance. /Matt
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Hello Vince, I worked out what I got wrong on the .json validator. My sheet.json has been validated and I updated the file. /Matt
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Ok, so I’ve added a ReadMe.md file and made additional changes to the .html file, and committed the whole lot in my fork. /Matt
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I just might have to dust off my old GW box from the attic...
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I guess the next thing is to see where it goes from there? /Matt
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Lol
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
The commits have been incorporated into the master (didn’t notice that until 4 hours later yesterday). I made some more changes and updated the ReadMe file then committed those changes as well. /Matt
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Hello Everyone, Woot! It’s published and available as a dropdown choice on the character sheets! Check it out! /Matt

Edited 1514988098
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Welcome to the club MattBx8! Looks nice.
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Hello Vince, Thanks! I stole acquired shamelessly from Amanda the Amazon’s Metamorphosis Alpha sheet, so many thanks to her for doing most of the heavy lifting. /Matt
Welp, I have been scooped.&nbsp; I am working on the same thing for 2e, but it will suffice for 1e.&nbsp; I also started with Amanda's MA sheet.
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Pantsworth said: Welp, I have been scooped.&nbsp; I am working on the same thing for 2e, but it will suffice for 1e.&nbsp; I also started with Amanda's MA sheet. Pantsworth, Feel free to make any additional changes that will improve the sheet. I just added an "Artifact Use" roll button for both the Human and Mutant sheets in a new Revision (1.01) and committed the changes. It works pretty good, too. Since the Artifact Use tables in Gamma World 1e are limited in range 1 to 10 for each step along the way, the roll of 1d10 + an Artifact Use modifier (intMod) (-1 to Artifact use for every Intelligence point above 15 and +1 for every point below 7), with negative/zero numbers returned as 1 and numbers greater than 10 returned as 10 per this equation:&nbsp;&nbsp;[[ {{1d10 + @{intMod}, {1}}kh1, {10}}kl1 [Die Roll] ]]. /Matt
MattBx8 said: Hello Vince, Thanks! I stole acquired shamelessly from Amanda the Amazon’s Metamorphosis Alpha sheet, so many thanks to her for doing most of the heavy lifting. /Matt :D
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Amanda the Amazon said: MattBx8 said: Hello Vince, Thanks! I stole acquired shamelessly from Amanda the Amazon’s Metamorphosis Alpha sheet, so many thanks to her for doing most of the heavy lifting. /Matt :D Drat! Busted! /Matt