Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] {One-Shot} The Color Animal Inn (New Players Welcome; No Experience Needed) New Years Day Marathon! Mid-to-late-Afternoon Mountain TIme

Edit:  Pathfinder Start time is whenever, Mountain, that I wake up enough to do something like this. End time is whenever we're down to two or fewer players, or I fall asleep. Greetings, young hero! Perhaps you have heard by now of the wondrous opportunities to be had in the rapidly-growing town of Owhe ? How a series of earthquakes revealed long-hidden tombs, caverns, and dungeons populated by dangerous monsters and filled with fantastic treasure? And how numerous adventurers have made their fortunes (and sometimes their fates, but let's not dwell on the down side!) by coming here to try their hand at exploration? Well, now it's your turn! Visit the best little town in the middle of nOWHEre!! Shop our bountiful stores, visit our scenic dungeons, and share tales of adventure with other heroes at: The Color Animal Inn ! So, here's what's the thing, what it is, is: The Color Animal Inn is my attempt to create a 'game' that anyone can join, on a semi-irregular basis. The campaign I have set up includes a large number of complicated interactions between character sheets, macros, token actions, and API scripts. This all works together to make a very, very simple interface, suitable for even the newest newbie to use quickly, easily, and intuitively. NO GAMING KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED Each session will be couched in the idea that participants are visiting a bar, where they can meet one another and discuss various topics of interest. Sound like fun? Want to be part of this? Great, here's all you have to do! Rule 1: Don't be a jerk. I'm the only jerk allowed in this particular tavern, and I've already tried kicking myself out. Don't make me boot you, too. Rule 2: If you obey Rule 1, I don't need a Rule 2. Gameplay will occur on Roll20 Voice contact will take place through Skype. Probably. Maybe Discord. Definitely not Roll20. Current VIP List: 1) Ross (New) 2) Jacob B (New) 3) Nick & Diana (Returning) 4) Thomas S (New) 5) 6) 7)(Backup) -Phnord
How do we get involved in said campaign, good sir?
You simply post your desire to do so, and I add you to the list. Then, tomorrow when I wake up, I'll send you a link to join. You're on the list, by the way. I'll just assume you wanna. q;}
Ahaha, sounds good. What's the timing like on this and what do I need to do to prepare?
Timing? I'd expect maybe 1 or 2pm Mountain (I think that's like 8 or 9pm GMT?) (roughly 12 hours from now) Like it says, end time is whenever I get bored, tired, or unconscious enough to quit. Or everyone else does. Preparation is easy: Either pick one of the pre-generated characters to make your own, or import a  PFS-legal Level 1 Character, or we can work together (if there's time early on) to make one from scratch. The character sheets in-game hold the data; macros make 99% of the rolls, and anything else I make up as we go. Basically, tell me what you wanna do, I tell you which button to press. Very newbie-friendly. See ya then! Pregens available: Barbarian Bard Cleric Fighter Rogue Ranger
throw me in this campaign
Kindly sign Diana and myself up for this game good sir.
I wanna give this a shot!
Current VIP List: 1) Ross (New) 2) Jacob B (New) 3) Nick & Diana (Returning) 4) Thomas S (New) 5) 6) 7)(Backup) Still room for more... I will, once the game starts, occasionally look back here for new players as old ones fall out or get killed. Those of you on the VIP List now will be receiving your invitations momentarily. -Phnord
Yo Phnord, invite me so I can listen in on your goofy adventures?!
Azure said: Yo Phnord, invite me so I can listen in on your goofy adventures?! You better believe it.
Phnord requires more victims bold adventurers to join the quest for whatever you lot feel like questing for! Or just shanking some monsters and taking their stuff, that's also good. Or simply exploring the wilderness. Don't be shy!
Heh, yes, thanks Azure! I'm hoping to get at least one more player soon, to get the ball rolling. Even once that happens, new players are welcome to apply; the doors will be open until late tonight! Come on in and have some fun! -Phnord PS: If you're on the earlier VIP list, you're still welcome. These are the people currently in-game. Current VIP List: 1) Ross (New) 2) Diana (Returning) 3) Nick P (Returning) 4)  5) 6) 7)(Backup)
Hey, I was lurking around the forums saw you're open to complete D&D newcomers! At the risk (ie likelihood) that I have no idea what I'm doing, mind if I join?
I am sending you an invite now. Still room for more, come on in folks!
I wish to join this campaign. I am pretty experienced and enjoy playing a variety of characters. Look forward to your response!
It's a one-shot, but yes, you're welcome to  join us. We'll be playing for only another couple hours, but you should still have at least some fun! Invitation being sent. Come on in!