Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Random Encounter Help

Hello, I may be missing the answer to my question, but I cannot find it anywhere. I am trying to create a Macro that will show my different Random Encounter Tables as links in the chat for me to click on and roll from. I have seen something similar with some of the shaped macros, but am trying to do this for Random Encounters. Basically, I want to dump both Forest and Desert Random Encounter tables into the game, and depending on where the party is be able to click a link in chat to roll for the encounter. Thanks for your help.
I have macro in my game to roll for random encounter result tables, but I use query instead of chat command Rolls for random encounter [[ 1t[?{Area|arctic1|arctic2|coastal1|coastal2|desert1|desert2|forest1|forest2|grassland1|hill1|hill2|mountain1|mountain2|swamp1|swamp2|underdark1|underdark2|elemental1|elemental2|construct1|construct2|fiend1|fiend2|undead1|undead2|urban1|urban2}] ]]
Thanks! This seemed to work, but it is not giving me the table results after I roll. Simply shows  Phil (GM):(To GM) rolling 2 2 = 2 instead of the result 2d4 giant poisonous snakes any ideas?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Phil said: Thanks! This seemed to work, but it is not giving me the table results after I roll. Simply shows  Phil (GM):(To GM) rolling 2 2 = 2 instead of the result 2d4 giant poisonous snakes any ideas? Inline rolls don't normally work within Rollable Table rolls; you can work around this limitation with the help of the RecursiveTables API Script.
You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman! Thank you very much for the help
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You're very welcome! Happy rolling!